I hope BlackBerry monitors this site because I am pissed.
    Why in the world would they make a new phone and not put a phone number blocker app. on it. Is this not 2014? What in god's name is the fricken problem?
    And I don't mean the crappy block all in-coming out-going **** that is on it. I need a blocker that I can instantly at the push of a button
    enter a specific phone number that would be instantly blocked and never disturb me again with a ring tone or vibration. I don't want to have to pick-up my phone to see subsequent calls to me displaying that "I have blocked this number" either. I'm sure it must be possible for them to do or to allow.
    If this phone is a business tool then get it done already! I am so tired of being solicited repeatedly by the same numbers while I am trying
    to conduct business that this will absolutely be my last BlackBerry unless they address this issue. My first feature on any new phone will be this one or I will not buy it!
    Countless business people have their business phone numbers forwarded to their cell that it would be a huge selling feature for BB.
    Finding it hard to stay loyal, Windsor, Ontario
    late006 likes this.
    03-08-14 12:24 PM
    I would appreciate this feature does anyone know what preventing this app/feature from being developing

Posted via CB10
    21stNow likes this.
    03-08-14 04:57 PM
    Go buy an android, most don't come with that app. You have to download it.

Oh gee, there just happens to be a few call blockers in the BlackBerry App Store.

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    03-08-14 05:04 PM
    Thanks for the advice but they don't work.
    You still get disturbed by the phone call unless you enter each of those nuisance numbers as a new contact
    under the name "ignore" and then customize the ring tone to silent.
    03-08-14 06:41 PM
    The call blockers in BlackBerry world are terrible. Haven't seen one that allows for the blocking of specific #'s yet. I don't really get that many unknown #'s calling me, but when I do I love that feeling knowing that my phone rejected them right away.
    03-08-14 10:18 PM
    I am new to blackberry, I can't believe that this **** doesn't have something so simple like a call blocking function !! is nuts
    Either a XMPP native client lol
    This phone is not bad but they have to invest in software developers to make some really necessary enterprise native functions

The BB store is useless !! They should delete almost the 90% of the blackberry app since they are almost all spam/scams useless pieces of craps
    04-05-14 08:00 AM
    I haven't found a device yet that comes with a call blocker pre installed. So yelling at BlackBerry won't help you. No one offer that out of the box for a specific phone number. Try your carrier. I know Verizon has this option where you can add specific numbers to block. But to get upset the BlackBerry doesn't include this is not going to solve it. Apple and Android don offer this either. For Android they have apps most don't work at all, and for Apple it's not a option at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 09:14 AM
    Verizon will block numbers, but only for ninety days unless you pay for an extra service. BlackBerry does need to add the API for phone calls triggering headless apps and integrating the ability to block the number. As other posts on this have mentioned (OP are you and your friends flooding the forums with these?), BlackBerry currently has no such framework available.

OP: I'm waiting for one as well so when a lot of posts for the same thing appear, hopefully the mods can get this information to BlackBerry. This is a need.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 07:47 AM
    True. Verizon is only for 90 days but after that just re ad them. Not exactly the solution the op was asking for but it would work. Assuming the op has Verizon though.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 07:53 AM
    Reason you don't see them is because you actually have to block phone numbers at the Carrier Level, not app level. Basically log into your cell phone account on your carrier and follow instructions on how to do it.
    04-06-14 08:35 AM
    Phone numbers can be temporarily or permanently blocked. Unfortunately, blocked Caller ID can be recovered with special software or other cell phone providers. This is an unfortunate situation for many people who seek to maintain their privacy.

For effective and reliable Caller ID blocking and personal privacy see www.blockmycellphonenumber.com
    04-18-14 08:30 AM
    I switched from android devices where it supported headless call block applications like "call blocker pro". All you had todo was enter the tele# on the blacklist and it would pickup then hangup automatically! Looooved that ability! Yet was hasn't anybody created a headless version yet!!!!!????

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:48 AM
    I haven't found a device yet that comes with a call blocker pre installed. So yelling at BlackBerry won't help you. No one offer that out of the box for a specific phone number. Try your carrier. I know Verizon has this option where you can add specific numbers to block. But to get upset the BlackBerry doesn't include this is not going to solve it. Apple and Android don offer this either. For Android they have apps most don't work at all, and for Apple it's not a option at all.

Posted via CB10
    When I had an android they had the blacklist option pre installed that may have changed I really don't care I just silence my phone all day thank you BlackBerry for the notification led I love it. (so off topic)

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:53 PM
    Is it really that serious, maybe they will get the message when you keep sending them to voice-mail and stop calling. I could totally understand your frustration however I wouldn't sweat it or loose sleep over it. But that's just me. Good Luck

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:57 PM
    I must admit it is very sad not to see a call blocker as standard on the OS10 version. Most phones have them as standard including our reveal I phone just at the press of a button you could block numbers and texts so why not on the Blackberry's, This needs serious attention ASAP. On my 9900 I has to download a app I used phone warrior which was pretty good.
    As many other people have stated I hope RIM are monitoring this forum. In order for them to get there finger out and sort this problem out pretty soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:45 AM
    You are right and you are wrong.
    Smart Phones do not come with a blocker installed, but almost all except the new BB work with an app to achieve that purpose. Certainly Android and I Phone do.
    Even BB had the "Black Book" app that worked with the BB some years back. But they (BB) hired the Developer and the app disappeared. Go figure. I have used the blocker app (Blackbook and Android versions) for years to manage my phone, delaying dealing with certain people until it was convenient for me to read their email or sms messages or return a call. It is certainly something that i would have expected from the new OS10 at BB to make available. It is disappointing and I am afraid I will end up selling this new Q10 I just purchased and return to either Samsung for Motorola for the Android Blocker feature. It just saves too much time! By the way, side loading the android app will not work. Tried it, and apparently BB just isn't allowing that api access. Too Bad. - I think i will sell the few shares of Rim stock I have left as well. This just doesn't look good for BB. What can I say?
    05-12-14 01:13 PM
    This is what I do on my Q10 to block calls and texts from a particular number. Go to your texts and compose a blank text. The phone number you want to put in to text to is: 9999. Down in the text part type: "Block 123-456-7899." And hit send. Ovbviously you will put in whatever number you are trying to block there. I just used that as an example. You will then immediately get a text back saying text messages to and from that number are now blocked. I have Sprint and this is what works for me but it might work on all carriers. But I found this when also researching for an app to block certain numbers. Hope it helps.
    06-05-14 11:16 AM
    The iPhone has per-number call blocking as part of the Contacts and Phone apps since at least iOS 7 if not before. No need to download anything.

I'm not sure if it works on all carriers, but I have AT&T, and they specifically say that they don't provide any way to block a specific number, so I believe that this is an iPhone feature. No idea how it works; maybe it just lets the number ring after which the carrier will dump it to voicemail. In any case, I use it all the time on my iPhone.

But my Q10 ... I hate iPhones, but the more I use the Q10 and its half-baked OS, the more frustrated I get. I believe that RIM will continue to improve 10, though, so I'm not willing to go back to an iPhone yet.
    01-23-15 11:08 AM
    This OS system, blackberry management, and development teams are outta touch!!!
    03-21-15 03:13 PM