Hi everyone.
    Q10 user last year, one of my favourite BB devices behind the 9700.

Long story short I moved on from Q10 and tried Z10, Passport and recently Classic.

Liked them all, Q10 for me the best of the bunch. If I could deal with the Passport's size, that'd be the ultimate but alas I cannot.

Anyway, I have a Classic right now but I am selling it on eBay as it is not for me.
    Thinking of moving back to the Q10 but before I do I just need some advice around the WhatsApp app.

I use WhatsApp more than any other app and when I got my Passport I found it annoying that to add in Emoji, you couldn't tap the emoji several times to place into your text. Instead you had to tap the emoji icon, tap the actual emoji and then the emoji screen closed meaning you had to tap the emoji screen again to bring up emoji's, tap your emoji to add to message and so on.
    An update to WhatsApp whilst I had my Passport fixed this and the emoji box stayed open whilst you tapped an emoji as many times as you wanted without the box closing down until you touched away from it / started typing text etc.

On my Classic - it's gone back to tap emoji, box opens and only 1 emoji can be placed in at a time before the box shuts and you have to tap the emoji icon again - rinse repeat etc.
    SO ANNOYING!

My question then - anyone with WhatsApp on the Q10 - how does emoji work there? Is it the same as Passport where it lets you tap as many as you like without closing? Or does it do like my Classic and close after each one?

Apologies for long message. I really need to understand if it's a Classic thing, or general WhatsApp thing and they've gone back to this horrible method with recent updates.
    It's the make or break (silly as it sounds) between my buying a Q10 again or not.

Thanks
    05-24-15 02:49 AM
    Just checked my updated what's app... You won't like then news unfortunately

Same as Classic, tap one then close.

Sorry,

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-24-15 09:14 AM
    Just checked my updated what's app... You won't like then news unfortunately

Same as Classic, tap one then close.

Sorry,

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    Thanks so much for checking for me.
    I expected it to be the case as when I looked at recent reviews for WhatsApp in BB app world someone else commented that a recent update also did the same to their Q5.

I have added my own review (1 star lol) as it's basically made WhatsApp unusable for me. Seems a bit ridiculous I know, but I use WhatsApp more than any other app and love my emoji.

Hopefully they'll sort it. Makes no sense.
    05-24-15 10:24 AM
    Probably fix in a next update as they are keeping the app updated

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 10:38 AM
    I'm happy with 1 emoji at a time. 2 seems excessive!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 10:58 AM
    I have to disagree I'm afraid.
    One emoji at a time is fine, but no one on my contact list ever uses one at a time for anything!

It's completely unforgivable when they updated the app to fix that last year and then have taken it out again. Why?
    Very stupid.
    It totally breaks the flow of message input which is not ideal when I use a BB device to input text speedily.
    05-24-15 12:04 PM
    If you hold "alt" once you tap the emoji button, you can insert several emojis

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 03:03 PM
    You're kidding?!

Does the box stay on or does it just let you insert the same emoji multiple times?

Thank you for that though!
    05-24-15 03:24 PM
    All you have to do it's hold the ALT button and you can insert several emojis in the same time

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:57 PM
    Yup. Pressing "Alt" buttons does the trick! Thanx for the useful info.

♤♕☠⚔Whatever It Takes...⚔☠♕♤Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2576
    05-25-15 12:15 AM
    Yes holding down the ALT key works!!

Thanks!!

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 12:40 AM
    wow its working. I was also missing that feature And was wondering how people get so much time to send multiple emojis

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 07:34 PM
    And I just knew this now whyyyy! Haha. Thanks for the tip guys! Can now use multiple emojis at the same time!

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    05-28-15 01:15 PM