This morning I downloaded a program from BB World called Hide My Files. Now for some reason my Password Keeper program has gone missing. I had many, many passwords in there...all different...so now I'm looking at many hours of restoration work if I can't get that program back. Anyone have any suggestions?
    09-06-13 10:33 AM
    First try searching for it in BBW under your installed apps to see if it's there. Look for it by typing in its name in Search App or from the Home Screen. Then I would try to re download it from BBWorld.

Also re-read the particulars of that app you downloaded, it may have hidden it.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 10:35 AM
    First try searching for it in BBW under your installed apps to see if it's there. Look for it by typing in its name in Search or from the Home Screen. I would try to re download it from BBWorld.

Posted via CB10
    Tried that but got nervous because it wants me to establish a password on set up. So now I'm thinking if I do a new password, it won't access the files on the old version of the program (assuming that's in the phone somewhere). If I do the same password, then I'm concerned that the new program might overwrite the old and delete the passwords. What do you think?
    09-06-13 10:42 AM
    Tried that but got nervous because it wants me to establish a password on set up. So now I'm thinking if I do a new password, it won't access the files on the old version of the program (assuming that's in the phone somewhere). If I do the same password, then I'm concerned that the new program might overwrite the old and delete the passwords. What do you think?
    Yeah I understand exactly what you mean.
    I would hold off for a bit, and re-approach this issue with a clear head.

The Hide My File App says something about creating 2 accounts a fake and a real one. Did you re-read the directions for that app?

I'm thinking with my limited experience on this issue if it were me I would run back to a previous backup of my device. Not sure if you have one saved or not.

I'm thinking like Windows going back to a previous backup to avoid this issue, or like Time Machine on mac going to an earlier time if you get my meaning.

If you don't need the passwords right away I'd hold off till a few more ideas/suggertions are added to the post.
    Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 10:47 AM
    Yeah I understand exactly what you mean.
    I would hold off for a bit, and re-approach this issue with a clear head.

The Hide My File App says something about creating 2 accounts a fake and a real one. Did you re-read the directions for that app?

I'm thinking with my limited experience on this issue if it were me I would run back to a previous backup of my device.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your suggestions - I was freaking out a little bit. So here's what happened - I downloaded Password Keeper again, and chose the same password as the old version. Then as I was finishing up, it asked if I wanted to restore the info from my old device. I said yes. So then it put all the passwords back in...including new passwords from as recent as a week ago....I just bought a subscription to the NY Times last week (awesome app by the way although no option for dark theme) and that password was there! Phew. So I guess Password Keeper must automatically upload your info in some way. Pretty nice program if you ask me. Thanks again for your input 93Aero.
    93Aero likes this.
    09-06-13 10:53 AM
    Awesome glad it worked out for you!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 10:55 AM
    Awesome glad it worked out for you!

Posted via CB10
    Me too! It said it restored 106 passwords. That's a lot of passwords. I'll never understand how people get by today without a program like Password Keeper. Every time you turn around there's a new password to set.
    09-06-13 11:02 AM
    Have you backed it up with Link? If so, check out this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...p-only-842927/
    09-06-13 11:34 AM
    Have you backed it up with Link? If so, check out this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...p-only-842927/
    Thanks I'm gonna look more into this. I have something called BlackBerry Backup....but I think that was done with the desktop manager of old. I have to figure this out.
    09-06-13 11:41 AM