I'm afraid I'm going to be the dissenter with regards to the Defender case for the Q10. I'm a house painter and just upgraded from a BB Bold 9780 which had a Defender case. I used it for several years and it was absolutely great! Nice solid sealed screen cover, keyboard was covered by a plastic molded cover. Exactly what people in the trades need.

Opened up the Defender case yesterday and installed. The adhesive "screen protector" doesn't look like it's going to protect anything and it's a one shot install. You leave one speck of dust under it and the thing's toast. I tried very hard to put it on without touching the back and failed. Talked to a guy who sells them and he said they won't put them on for customers because everyone screws them up. Mine looks like crap and it's only been on for like a day or so.

Why on earth did they leave the keyboard completely unprotected? Absolutely terrible idea. I'm going to be filling my keyboard with dust within days or weeks.

They removed the crossbar in between the screen and the keyboard which added a great level of protection for both.

Anyhoo, I think the things a complete design fail and wish they'd just left well enough alone. I loved my old one on my Bold so much I wish I hadn't told my wife I was giving it to her!

Sorry for making my first post on this forum a rant. I'm just really bummed out that I'm stuck with this stupid cover now.
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    03-29-14 02:43 PM
    2 weeks in and am already noticing the start of the same thing just below the space and "sym" keys. Not terrible yet, but obvious to see since I know it's there lol.

Overall, have enjoyed using the case. Typing hasn't been affected at all, although that might be because I installed the case soon after purchase of phone, so it's basically all I know. Same with the "bulky" comments here, don't notice that because I didn't use the phone naked for long and haven't taken the otterbox box off since installing it.

Big fan of the holster and "lock on holser" feature. That combined with picture password, is great.

Posted via CB10
    I had this happen to mine months back, I contacted otterbox (had to send pic) for replacement. I am now just started seeing same problem with this one. Its definately a flaw and not sure why they dont fix it. Also the edging where plug is on left loosens too.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    04-01-14 10:29 AM
    I'm afraid I'm going to be the dissenter with regards to the Defender case for the Q10. I'm a house painter and just upgraded from a BB Bold 9780 which had a Defender case. I used it for several years and it was absolutely great! Nice solid sealed screen cover, keyboard was covered by a plastic molded cover. Exactly what people in the trades need.

Opened up the Defender case yesterday and installed. The adhesive "screen protector" doesn't look like it's going to protect anything and it's a one shot install. You leave one speck of dust under it and the thing's toast. I tried very hard to put it on without touching the back and failed. Talked to a guy who sells them and he said they won't put them on for customers because everyone screws them up. Mine looks like crap and it's only been on for like a day or so.

Why on earth did they leave the keyboard completely unprotected? Absolutely terrible idea. I'm going to be filling my keyboard with dust within days or weeks.

They removed the crossbar in between the screen and the keyboard which added a great level of protection for both.

Anyhoo, I think the things a complete design fail and wish they'd just left well enough alone. I loved my old one on my Bold so much I wish I hadn't told my wife I was giving it to her!

Sorry for making my first post on this forum a rant. I'm just really bummed out that I'm stuck with this stupid cover now.
    Hope you find a solution.
    I ordered my Defender from the AT&T online store, but it didn't include a screen protector. Now I'm confused. Are there varying Defender models?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 09:11 AM
    Hope you find a solution.
    I ordered my Defender from the AT&T online store, but it didn't include a screen protector. Now I'm confused. Are there varying Defender models?

Posted via CB10
    The defender has a built in screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 09:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    For the Q10 there is no screen protector with the Defender

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 09:52 AM
    My Defender does not have a built in screen protector but the package did include a screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    On the Q10, there's no built-in screen protector, just the "stick-on" one for the Defender. Any idea why?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:08 AM
    Wow! Thats news to me. I never had a defender without a built in screen protector. I had a lot of devices with that particular case and they all had the built in screen protector. Galaxy, iphones, my current z10 and a lot of other phones. That does seem odd. With that being said I would choose nothing but otterbox.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:50 AM
    Wow! Thats news to me. I never had a defender without a built in screen protector. I had a lot of devices with that particular case and they all had the built in screen protector. Galaxy, iphones, my current z10 and a lot of other phones. That does seem odd. With that being said I would choose nothing but otterbox.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. I put Defender's on all my devices. I was shocked when the Defender for the Q10 didn't have the built in screen protector.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    04-05-14 12:01 PM
    This is the first phone that I won't be buying the defender for. I think the hard shell case by BlackBerry with the screen protector is perfect, and I plan on picking up a leather pouch when I see when on sale for those times I need even greater drop protection.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 01:11 PM
    Try the commuter, my wife has it for her q10. Also no other company stands behind their product like otterbox.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 01:32 PM
    Love my Defender but the lower part of the rubber cover is getting really loose. Anyone know if OB offers replacement covers. If so, what's the process?
    05-03-14 02:04 PM
    Love my Defender but the lower part of the rubber cover is getting really loose. Anyone know if OB offers replacement covers. If so, what's the process?
    Yes. Go to their website. Under warranty. If you are within a year of purchase, download the template and follow instructions. Photograph the flaw with the case sitting on the template and draw an arrow pointing to it. The will ship you a new one.

That particular flaw in design has been an annoyance for me too but they have been good about replacing it with no questions asked.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-04-14 07:48 AM
    Commuter is nice and slim. I'd definitely recommend it over the Defender series for the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    05-04-14 09:02 AM
    Mine scratched the hell out of my phone.

Posted via CB10
    this is why i prefer the commuter series. rubber first, then a hard plastic shell around the rubber.

The defenders always scratched my phone, which defeated the purpose
    05-20-14 08:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 model has a built in screen protector but not the Q10 model case

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 09:57 AM
    I'm a big fan of Otterbox and in the past I bought several defender models for various devices, but for my Q10 I choose the Otterbox Commuter.
    donemt likes this.
    05-23-14 03:42 AM
    I had a defender on my q10 for about two weeks. I hated the thing. It made the phone seem 3x as big as it was. The case itself felt solid, but it interfered with my typing on the keyboard.

If there's a hard shell case wit a cc slot, that would be perfect!!

Posted via CB10
    Same, it's collecting dust atm. It does help on my travels but I just hate to use the q10 with it on.
    05-23-14 09:30 AM
    i had decided I would run the defender anyway, just for the protection it affords.

put it on yesterday around 6 pm, and everything was cool except for the restricted access to the keys at the edge of the keyboard. Whatever

Then i went to bed and plugged it in...the rubber flap put enough pressure on the charger/charger port that it made me uncomfortable, so i removed the rubber part all together.

This morning i tried to sleepily snooze the alarm using the side keys. I use the sides because if i just jab at the touchscreen i sometimes accidentally hit dismiss. Anyway, since the hard plastic was on, but not the rubber, the side keys were sunken to the point i couldnt use them.

I took the otterbox off today
    05-23-14 10:47 AM
    I have the defender on this now. It's great EXCEPT for one thing which can't be helped. The keyboard isn't covered at all. So that makes it NOT protected. The whole front actually isn't covered, except with a piece of film that covers just the screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 11:20 AM
    The defender case is on sale for 5 dollars on att.com

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 07:43 PM
    I have had the commuter case for about 3 months now, and I have warrantied it from Otterbox for loose charging port flap, 3 times now.

The charging port/HDMI port flap does not close flat, and the new warrantied commuter cases from Otterbox did this as well.

After all of my 3 commuter cases developing the loose flap issue. Now, I am just considering trying a Defender.

I want to ask some defender owners here.

Does the charging port flap on the Defender close fully? Even after months of usage?

I am only worried about the charging port flap stretching, and I never take out my phone from the Otterbox case, so the silicone stretching will not be an issue for me.
    07-29-14 02:35 PM
    My charging port flap has never altered in shape, consistency or performance. It is rock solid, spot-on and it just works. The bb q10 defender is the best case I've ever had.

Sent from my iPhone because my Q10 was unavailable
    skstrials likes this.
    07-29-14 04:16 PM
    Sad to report the same experience - basically where the hard shell clamps together, is the sites where the bezel can get damaged.

Slight damage to be sure, but noticeable and obvious it's from the case itself. So I've stopped using the defender case.

Posted via CB10 Right on Cue
    07-29-14 06:44 PM
    I bought 3 I needed back ups. I lost 1 though

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 07:16 PM
76 1234