I have a few bugs to report and a few questions to ask regarding OS 10.1.0.273 on my Blackberry Q10.

Bugs:
    ! Blackberry Link always tells me there's a new software update available when I have the latest software already.
    ! PINs don't delete from the hub when you try to delete them by pressing and holding then clicking the bin icon. Everything else deletes perfect this way apart from PINs which don't delete at all.
    ! If you use : in your BBM name it changes to = ? When I try to have a happy face it changes to =D which is a laughing face. It is really annoying, I wan't a happy face on the end of my name...

Can anybody please confirm these bugs for me?

Questions:

1) Is it possible to enable/install flash player on the Q10? I'd love to be able to watch bbc iplayer.
    2) My phone came 4G ready but how do I get it?
    3) Scrolling up and down the hub and bbm updates list takes forever, is there a way to speed this up?
    4) I want to backup my contacts list using Blackberry Link. Is this possible? I'm not sure whether it comes under Application Data or not?
    5) The Q10 app market is really poor, I understand that the software is still new but does anyone know roughly how long it will take for it to grow?

Kind thanks, Martin B
    05-25-13 05:32 PM
    Well for point 1, I think that's Link issue. Yesterday I installed 273 from my work PC and later when I plugged the phone into my home PC, the Link on it gave me the "{splat} software update available" notice, but after backing up and disconnecting and then reconnecting today I no longer get the notice on my home PC (apologies for the run-on sentence). Please let me know if the backup, disconnect, reconnect trick works for you. Don't have a comment on the others...I'm not happy enough to have a happy face anywhere near my name
    05-25-13 08:51 PM
    I have a few bugs to report and a few questions to ask regarding OS 10.1.0.273 on my Blackberry Q10.

Bugs:
    ! Blackberry Link always tells me there's a new software update available when I have the latest software already.
    ! PINs don't delete from the hub when you try to delete them by pressing and holding then clicking the bin icon. Everything else deletes perfect this way apart from PINs which don't delete at all.
    ! If you use : in your BBM name it changes to = ? When I try to have a happy face it changes to =D which is a laughing face. It is really annoying, I wan't a happy face on the end of my name...

Can anybody please confirm these bugs for me?

Questions:

1) Is it possible to enable/install flash player on the Q10? I'd love to be able to watch bbc iplayer.
    2) My phone came 4G ready but how do I get it?
    3) Scrolling up and down the hub and bbm updates list takes forever, is there a way to speed this up?
    4) I want to backup my contacts list using Blackberry Link. Is this possible? I'm not sure whether it comes under Application Data or not?
    5) The Q10 app market is really poor, I understand that the software is still new but does anyone know roughly how long it will take for it to grow?

Kind thanks, Martin B
    1) If the Q10 browser works like the Z10 browser, go to the overflow menu (3 dots), then settings, display and actions, turn on flash.
    2) Depends on your carrier and coverage. You can check in settings>mobile network>network technology
    05-25-13 09:41 PM
    I have a problem with my hub it is constantly turning emails and Facebook to off. Anyone else having that problem?
    05-26-13 12:43 AM
    Why don't you use the add smiley button when editing your name on BBM?
    Edit: the colon and semicolon are just not allowed.

And, have you deleted any pre installed apps? That might be the reason you still get update notifications.
    05-26-13 12:48 AM
    I have a problem with my hub it is constantly turning emails and Facebook to off. Anyone else having that problem?
    Yes, I have this problem as well. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please weigh in.
    05-26-13 07:07 AM
    Well I have noticed apps keep coming back even after they are deleted like facebook, box and others

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 07:33 AM
    Regarding Bug1: you must have deleted one of the built-in app e.g. Four Square. Just ignore it or re-install the built-in apps

Keyboard shortcuts for scrolling at Hub, BBM, Browser etc: T - go to top, B - bottom, Space - next page or screen...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:35 AM
    Yea I did delete 4 sq and other bloatware my 53 yo curmudgeonly a$$ want's nothing to do with. Does that explain why when I'm having a redundant update notification, an backup via Link clears things up?

Regarding Bug1: you must have deleted one of the built-in app e.g. Four Square. Just ignore it or re-install the built-in apps

Keyboard shortcuts for scrolling at Hub, BBM, Browser etc: T - go to top, B - bottom, Space - next page or screen...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 12:36 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Can anyone please answer questions 4 and 5 though? And FrankIAm, the problem with turning into =D in my name is because colons and semi-colons are invalid characters to use in your name?
    05-26-13 12:39 PM
    Should I install this update? People seem to hate it :/

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:15 AM