Hey guys, any idea how to organize the bookmarks in my browser? They seem to be all over the place, not organized by date or name or anything...help? Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:16 AM
    Hey guys, any idea how to organize the bookmarks in my browser? They seem to be all over the place, not organized by date or name or anything...help? Thanks!!

It's not a very good system, I do not think you can change the order.

Worse, it changes the order by itself based on what the last bookmark you used was, so the order changes all the time. (Unless you only access the same sites in the same frequency all the time)

The best way I have discovered to streamline it is to assign tags to bookmarks, and then search by tag to filter the results down to a subset of the whole list.

I think that's about the best you can do.

These days bookmark functions seem to be ignored by most browser makers, because apparently most people are too impatient or lazy to organize them.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    05-09-14 09:47 AM
    At this point, I have to believe that someone at BlackBerry is dogmatically opposed to the idea of bookmark organization. Remember the PlayBook years...

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-09-14 09:50 AM
    That's what I thought. Thanks anyway-- I'll try the tag idea

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 03:17 PM
    This suggestion may be a little out there, and it does take a bit of one-time work up front.

I've started sharing my bookmarks into Remember/Evernote folders. I'm putting them into specific folders (i.e., Tech, Bbry, iOS). It isn't as convenient as having a good organizing option in the native browser, but it does keep all my bookmarks available to me on my BlackBerry devices, iPhone, desktop and notebook.

Just tossing it out as an option.
    05-09-14 03:32 PM
    So annoying! I wouldn't care so much if it didn't let me pick the order, but why can't they stay in the same order all the time so I know where to look for them? Same goes for those tiles of bookmarks on initial browser startup.
    05-10-14 02:50 PM
    All other browsers allow sorting of bookmarks, and I dont understand why BB browser at least have the option. I too use remember with Evernote, but it can be a pain at times.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    05-11-14 12:19 PM