I saved my files from my encrypted sd card directly to the computer forgetting the files are encrypted. I then formatted my sd card and now the files won't open. I encrypted my sd card on my Q10 so the files were encrypted when I transferred the files to my PC by taking out the sd card and putting it directly on my PC. I haven't wiped my phone yet, and the device password used to encrypt the files was the same. Is there any possible way to get the files to open with a software or something, I know the password but I can't find a way to open the files. I even tried to put the files back on the formatted sd card and open it with the Q10 I originally encrypted it with, but the files still wont open. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP me if there is any possible way.
    12-21-14 02:21 AM
    If copying back your encrypted files to the same place on the SD card and putting back in didn't resolve your issue (give it some times by the way, and reboot before trying to access it), ... sorry for your loss.
    12-21-14 05:55 AM
    I saved my files from my encrypted sd card directly to the computer forgetting the files are encrypted. I then formatted my sd card and now the files won't open. I encrypted my sd card on my Q10 so the files were encrypted when I transferred the files to my PC by taking out the sd card and putting it directly on my PC. I haven't wiped my phone yet, and the device password used to encrypt the files was the same. Is there any possible way to get the files to open with a software or something, I know the password but I can't find a way to open the files. I even tried to put the files back on the formatted sd card and open it with the Q10 I originally encrypted it with, but the files still wont open. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP me if there is any possible way.
    I don't know why you would have done this. But if you had been able to decrypt your files after that it would have indicated a weakness in BlackBerry's implementation. If you could do that, then anyone who got their hands on an encrypted SDCARD from a BlackBerry would have unlimited time to brute force the password and decrypt the files.

The encryption key is a combination of your password and a random value created by your device. Clearly when you formatted the SDCARD the BlackBerry discarded the random value. It probability would not have been able to use it even if it still had it because it would not be able to associate the value with a file system.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-21-14 09:04 AM