06-11-14 03:51 AM
34 12
tools
    Hello CrackBerry! I just want to share my experience with the Q10. Today is my one year with it and it was really a great communication device. I'm an engineer and works away from my country so a great communication device is a must. The hub is really amazing. And the OS is getting better in every update. I've had iPhone in the past and it is really annoying that in every update, the phone gets slower until the time that you want to throw it out of the window. For BB I think its the reverse. The OS feels better in every update that you'll want to keep it longer. The swiping is easy to use and saves a lot of time navigating everything. I bought this phone mainly as a communication device but as I am using it, I've learned that internet browsing is also better than the other device I own and the file explorer is superb. I also appreciate the hdmi out. Very useful. One great thing that I discovered lately is when I bought a Surface 2. I can map my Q10 in the file explorer of the Surface just like any other PC. So now I don't need a cable to transfer files to my phone. Amazing!
    I only installed a few apps which I need (Skype, WhatsApp, OneDrive and TuneIn) and this satisfies my daily needs. I just hope that I can have a taller screen in the future update of Q devices. I've really had a great experience with this OS and can't imagine myself using other OS.
    Attached Thumbnails One year with Q10-screenshot-8-.png   One year with Q10-img_4629.jpg  
    bbnrs, LeeU1911, dblekberi and 4 others like this.
    06-08-14 09:36 AM
    Glad to hear you're enjoying your Q10. I've had mine since around New Year's Day and I LOVE IT. It's a great device. I much prefer it to the Z10 I previously had.
    06-08-14 09:42 AM
    Despite a few UX rough edges, BB10 really is an enjoyable OS. I certainly prefer it to Android (but I think it's got some catching up to do with iOS). Glad you're enjoying your Q10!
    06-08-14 09:50 AM
    How's the surface 2?
    06-08-14 09:51 AM
    After one year... I'm still loving it.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 09:53 AM
    How's the surface 2?
    I think my experience is good. A good partner for my Q specially that mapping function. My files are stored in the phone and I can open it directly on the Surface. The OneDrive experience is also very good. I never play games on any of my devices. Only movies, music and productivity apps. I'm into transition now if I can live with only Surface and BB. I rarely open my laptop since I got this phone and only need the Surface for entertainment on the go. And when at home, the HDMI out for both devices really serves its purpose for me.
    06-08-14 10:05 AM
    After 10 months with my Q10 I'm also still happy.

A bigger (actually longer) screen is what I'm missing...

And I miss a good news rss app that could match HTC's Blink Feed function.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 10:25 AM
    So glad to hear that. I have my Z10 for over a year and really liked it, but I have had my Q10 for a month and cannot put it down at all. It just works for me. Form factor and all. I am crossing my fingers that I will not get the double typing curse but will fix it if happens and stick with the Q10.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    06-08-14 10:43 AM
    Had my Z10 for a year. Great phone. Then i upgraded to the Z30 just because. So happy with my Z30.. I think everyone should have one.

One year with Q10-img_0604.jpg
    jcarlos100 likes this.
    06-08-14 11:22 AM
    ...but I think it's got some catching up to do with iOS...
    In what sense? Just because iPhone's are more popular does not mean the OS is more advanced. iPhone's have more apps and are simpler to use for the non-technical users, but that doesn't mean BlackBerry 10 has inferior functionality. BlackBerry 10 is far more advanced. This thread sums up some of the highlights:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rhouse-936893/
    bbnrs likes this.
    06-08-14 05:16 PM
    Had my Z10 for a year. Great phone. Then i upgraded to the Z30 just because. So happy with my Z30.. I think everyone should have one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0604.jpg 
Views:	1438 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	276994
    I miss my playbook when I saw your post! I still have it in my drawer and uses it sometimes. But I really need a good file manager that's why I moved to surface. I hope BB can release another 7 inch tablet with the BB OS 10's feature plus a kickstand and usb 3.0 port.
    06-08-14 05:51 PM
    I agree with this. All the useful functions were all there since launch. I think BB only need to catch up on the aesthetic side. Have the option to change fonts and color theme.
    06-08-14 05:54 PM
    Great to hear! I am beginning to miss my Q10 every now and then. I may end up having to get me another one. It's always nice hearing stories of those who actually keep their BB10 devices for more than a couple of months. It shows the true appreciation of the OS and the device.
    06-08-14 07:15 PM
    Have just about a year with Q10 and am still learning about it's facets. A marvel of technology. Thank you Blackberry.
    06-08-14 07:36 PM
    Honestly have not been this satisfied with a BlackBerry since the 9700.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    06-08-14 08:09 PM
    I've had my Q10 for a little over a year now, been happy for the most part. The early days it'd reboot by itself randomly and i hated how there was always that empty spot from the dropdown menu. But thankfully software updates have fixed both of those issues. I kinda wish BB would implement some features like changing LED colour for diff contacts or something, seems like a very simple yet effective update. Hopefully 10.3 will be a significant change.
    06-08-14 11:29 PM
    I've had my Q10 for a little over a year now, been happy for the most part. The early days it'd reboot by itself randomly and i hated how there was always that empty spot from the dropdown menu. But thankfully software updates have fixed both of those issues. I kinda wish BB would implement some features like changing LED colour for diff contacts or something, seems like a very simple yet effective update. Hopefully 10.3 will be a significant change.
    There's an app (or more) for that.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    06-08-14 11:50 PM
    Great to hear! I'm loving mine also. Very impressed with the condition you've kept yours in! (if that's a recent picture of course). However, I also own a Z30 which I also love due to battery life/ screen size / it being a Cadillac of all phones. However I always seem to come back to the qwerty, and I must say the Q is my daily driver more often then my Z30. I've learned to keep 2 devices though for when I do feel unsatisfied with the small screen, cause that does happen. Rarely of course.

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    06-09-14 01:15 AM
    Yeah I took that photo as I post last night. I like the matte screen protector on my device. My phone really looks like a tool. I'm also planning to have a Z30 soon for my local sim. I sometimes need a bigger screen for media consumption on the go. I don't always have my Surface with me so I think the Z30 is a perfect solution.
    06-09-14 08:30 AM
    My q10 is still my first choice against my trying out the Galaxy Note 2, Moto x, Nexus 4 & 5, Sony Ultra z GPE, and the Backberry z10 & z30. The q10 is a "perfected device line". I like all the devices mentioned, especially the Moto x and z30 (z10 too), but as a device to have in my holster it is the q10. Instead of an "all in one" device, I've just resigned to having a tablet when a larger screen is a benefit. (I've got the q10 wrapped in Ghost Armor matted protective material. I like it better than the "glossy" material)
    06-09-14 01:21 PM
    I've had my Q10 for over a year. I really like it. A few minor issues, but overall it is really great!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 04:18 PM
    I just got my Q10 today and put my Z10 in bedside mode so i would ONLY use the Q10 for facebook, twitter, etc.....i'm loving the keyboard, sure the smaller screen takes getting used to but at the same time, it gives you more to hold onto when you're trying to watch videos preventing your fingers from accidentally touching the screen causing the video to stop/go back/pause, etc....also, since its 720x720 resolution, there is no need to have to turn the device sideways to record or watch videos so you won't get any of those "tall skinny" videos which people tend to upload to YouTube LOL.
    06-09-14 09:13 PM
    Over all I am happy with my Q10. And my Z30. Both unlocked. Obviously there have been minor quibbles to be expected with a new OS.

However, after a year, I think the one issue I have is the lack of accuracy and ease of use with the clipping, copying, pasting, etc., functions. Neither as accurate nor as efficient as the trackpad from the previous BB's. Issues are compounded when I use in more humid weather when the moisture on the fingers makes the process even more arduous.
    tagumcity likes this.
    06-09-14 10:37 PM
    Honestly have not been this satisfied with a BlackBerry since the 9700.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    This I have to echo. The Q10 has brought back all the positives I felt when I used to have the 9700.
    06-10-14 05:12 AM
    Iam in the middle of year & so far it's proven as best out of all other android phones i hav tried

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 06:39 AM
34 12