As the subject line says I have been a Black Berry user fro a month now. Before I had a love hate relation ship with a Droid X for almost 4 years. I choose the Q10 for the keyboard with the hub being a looking like a bonus for my use. I primarily make call, text and email for work.
    My first q10 was fantastic experience right up until the microphone quit working. Verizon without a quible sent me a second phone this week. apparently they have had issues with this and Blackberrys.
    I was impressed with the battery life of the first q10. I pull it off the charger about 4:00 am and plug it back in about 8:00 pm over 50% with lots of text and emails and some phone calls.
    The new one? about 3-4 hours and it's dead I have had time off for the holidays so I haven't been using it very much but it's basicly in th esame enviroment with the same signal, same software and same battery. I didn't even try to optimize the apps on the first phone to extend battery life. I have on this one but it can't hold a charge.
    Should I try to get a replacement for this one? Could this be a defect? I really love the Black berrry OS and the keyboard and don't want to go back to the android.
    11-30-13 04:02 PM
    HEllo and Welcome to CB!
    I'm so saddened to hear you are having a few bumps in the road with your Q! people who have the Q are very passionate about their phones!!!!

Can you ask your carrier for a replacement? What about a second battery? Have you tried simply switching batteries? Not holding a charge is a real problem tho. Maybe it is the battery. Could your carrier give you one to test in your phone? Then we can help you optimize your phone to not use as much battery power.
    11-30-13 04:14 PM
    Why not a new battery? Some of them are duds. You can check them with one of the battery programs in the app store. Remember that most of the phones sent out for replacement are refurbs and they may have messed up sending you an old not new battery.
    11-30-13 04:15 PM
    Try this:
    Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Q10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Q10 again.

Also, your battery could be draining faster than normal because the new phone might be working hard indexing all of the content that you might have transfered from the old one. Give it some time and it may settle. Also make sure it has the latest OS update.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:15 PM
    Thanks I will give that a try.
    11-30-13 04:32 PM