I don't know that where I purchased it mattered. As the Verizon employees explained, there were several of them explaining this to me, all very sympathetic again, they said that the manufacturer considered keys falling off damage and they couldn't do anything. So it didn't seem to be where I bought it.
    Is that in the fine print somewhere or is Verizon pulling one on you? It would seem to be a hardware failure and not "damage". It's preposterous that BB doesn't cover that under warranty. That's sh***y, if you ask me. No key will ever, ever, ever fall off with average to heavy use due to a manufacturing error??
    08-22-13 02:09 PM
    Just curious to know if you are certain you got a NEW phone from Amazon and not a used one that someone returned? Maybe THAT someone busted it and returned it.
    08-22-13 02:14 PM
    Is that in the fine print somewhere or is Verizon pulling one on you? It would seem to be a hardware failure and not "damage". It's preposterous that BB doesn't cover that under warranty. That's sh***y, if you ask me. No key will ever, ever, ever fall off with average to heavy use due to a manufacturing error??

Dont know but I had no real reason to doubt Verizon. If Blackberry did take them back Verizon doesnt lose anything sending it back and keeps a customer happy. That is a win for them.
    08-22-13 02:25 PM
    Just curious to know if you are certain you got a NEW phone from Amazon and not a used one that someone returned? Maybe THAT someone busted it and returned it.
    Hard if not impossible for me to know. But it looked new. I actually dont suspect Amazon of things like that in general.
    08-22-13 02:26 PM
    But amazon should be the one replacing it and taking responsibility because If you bought it right from the Att store then Att would return it and exchange it for you. Mines an Att exclusive I bought from amazon so I'm hoping if I should ever need to exchange it due to manufacture warranty amazon or Att would exchange it with no problems

Sent from my HTC One
    08-22-13 04:28 PM
    But amazon should be the one replacing it and taking responsibility because If you bought it right from the Att store then Att would return it and exchange it for you. Mines an Att exclusive I bought from amazon so I'm hoping if I should ever need to exchange it due to manufacture warranty amazon or Att would exchange it with no problems

Sent from my HTC One
    Again, I can only go by what Verizon said. According to them, the warranty from BB won't cover it.
    08-22-13 07:46 PM
    Try contacting BlackBerry directly. The last time I had an issue, I tweeted their help account (couldn't find any other contact info) and they messaged me to have my carrier contact them on my behalf. If you can get the same response, Verizon can't say no.

Chances are, since no one has yet confirmed that keys are not under warranty, that your Verizon store dealt with a specific case in the past that ended up being rejected by a BlackBerry service centre. This became "keys are not covered" in the minds of those workers.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    08-23-13 06:34 AM
    Try contacting BlackBerry directly. The last time I had an issue, I tweeted their help account (couldn't find any other contact info) and they messaged me to have my carrier contact them on my behalf. If you can get the same response, Verizon can't say no.

Chances are, since no one has yet confirmed that keys are not under warranty, that your Verizon store dealt with a specific case in the past that ended up being rejected by a BlackBerry service centre. This became "keys are not covered" in the minds of those workers.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Thanks for that suggestion. I think Amazon is going to take care of it. If that falls through I will try your suggestion.
    08-23-13 06:53 AM
    If all else fails, replacement keyboard from ebay....

*sent from an australian Z10
    08-23-13 07:23 AM

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    A key falling off, when it happened to my pearl, wasnt covered by BB as it was cosmetic damage caused by misuse.

At least that's what they said. If by misuse they meant a poor sewing job on the leather holster it came with caught the key and ripped it off...my carrier did it as DOA in the first 30 days.

Keyboards are still considered cosmetic damage unfortunately. Nothing has changed in the terms and conditions, unfortunately.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    08-23-13 08:26 AM
    If all else fails, replacement keyboard from ebay....

*sent from an australian Z10
    ^ The Q10 is fairly easy to disassemble. Buy a replacement keyboard and switch it out yourself. I'd recommend getting the whole keyboard and not just the keypad. IIRC it's about $40.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    DS1331 likes this.
    08-23-13 08:35 AM
    Any news yet? Just curious on if they fixed the phone or replaced it. I would hope amazon or blackberry are going to step up.

Sent from HTC One and/or BlackBerry Q10
    ^ The Q10 is fairly easy to disassemble. Buy a replacement keyboard and switch it out yourself. I'd recommend getting the whole keyboard and not just the keypad. IIRC it's about $40.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:35 PM
    Any news yet? Just curious on if they fixed the phone or replaced it. I would hope amazon or blackberry are going to step up.

Sent from HTC One and/or BlackBerry Q10

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    So, Amazon said they would take it back. We ordered a new one and waited for that to come and meet transfer the information to that and then send the old one back. We had return numbers from Amazon but we haven't seen the credit yet. I suspect it will be fine.

By comparison we had two iPads at work that had been broken. One at least have been dropped on concrete and the glass broken. The other one also had a crack in the glass. We took them both back to the Apple Store, both had extended warranties will they were out of original warranty and they replaced both of them for $53 each. It would've been free had we not clearly broke them ourselves. Is blackberry serious in this competitive arena?
    09-09-13 07:41 PM
    Just to update, bravo Amazon! They gave us a full refund on the Q10. So I have a new Q10 from Amazon and am delighted with their customer service.
    09-11-13 03:51 PM
    Just to update, bravo Amazon! They gave us a full refund on the Q10. So I have a new Q10 from Amazon and am delighted with their customer service.
    Awesome, glad it all worked out in the end.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:20 PM
40 12