I often see posts on here regarding fast battery drain and things like that, just thought I would share a battery success with you all. Now first off, I have two extra batteries and the charging bundle that o keep for emergency, but I rarely use them as a necessity. Instead I just switch out when my battery is about to die and then charge the dead one with the bundle. I used the heck out of my Q today and here are the results:

One of the best Batteries-img_20141106_214713.png
    One of the best Batteries-img_20141106_214733.png

This includes 75 emails, 29 phones calls, and 119 text messages. Not to mention Crackberry, online bank app, Web browsing, ect.

Edit: Forgot to mention this is also 1 and a half hours of Audible Audiobook listening.

The Q is a powerhouse.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BigHulkDiesel; 11-06-14 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Forgot Audible!
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-06-14 10:00 PM
    One thing to note, I always slide my phone back into the leather pocket when not using, so it sleeps snug!

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 likes this.
    11-06-14 10:00 PM
    I'd have to agree I charge my battery with the external batt charger and I can go 36+ hrs on a single charge w heavy usage. I too have the pouch I'm assuming that helps..

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:29 PM
    I don't think that leather pocket helps you, all connections are still on. I have one battery let say I am heavy user and I don't use any case or something like that, after my work day 14-16 hrs I have about 20% battery left and that is good for me I am happy with battery life, but I can't say this is great battery because my galaxy s4 do all off this same, but it have twice larger screen more powerful processor and gpu. So I think BlackBerry could do some software work here to improve battery life

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:49 PM
    I have several questions to figure out what you do differently that allows for good battery life.

How many apps do you have installed? How many headless apps would you say are running? Did you use any Android apps during your day? And what is your brightness setting? Do you keep any active frames always open?
    11-07-14 05:10 AM
    I have just 3-4 apps installed, only viber is android app and only viber I keep active like an active frame. My brightness is about 70%, I use 80% wifi on work, home I have 10 places for wifi I even have wifi in park where my kids go to play. And I live where I have full signal from my carrier and I think that is most important, I use 3G . And now I think about sounds I use all BlackBerry notification sound,ring-ring for calls all simple.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 08:24 AM
    I have several questions to figure out what you do differently that allows for good battery life.

How many apps do you have installed? How many headless apps would you say are running? Did you use any Android apps during your day? And what is your brightness setting? Do you keep any active frames always open?
    Great questions! I will answer this in detail today when I get time.
    11-07-14 09:25 AM
    I'd say the best battery since the Bold 9700. I never have to worry with the Q10, the battery last all day. Although I don't play games, I would imagine it would make a difference if I did.
    11-07-14 07:33 PM

Apps: (Android) US Bank, SNAP, Zedge, QR Scanner, gvdial, Audible, ebay, Wordfeud, Words with Friends, Sonic 4, Fruit Ninja

**The only Android apps I used on this particular day were US Bank (logged in around 20 times as I am expecting a refund to my account and was checking), Audible for 1hour and 30minutes

**Blackberry apps I used were Google Talk, CB10 (checked probably 15 times), Facebook, LinkedIn, Box, and Dropbox

Brightness Setting: Looks like the bar is in the middle. I have never moved it. Once I installed the OS, I have left it how it was.

Active Frames: I do not leave active frames normally. I guess it is my OCD nature or it could be my experience with Android that makes me want to make sure all apps are closed.

Accounts and Sync: I have 5 email accounts set up. One is an exchange account using push, one is Gmail using push, one is hotmail using push, and two are pop accounts syncing every 30 minutes. I have google talk, facebook, twitter, linkedin, evernote, and words with friends accounts set up too.

Just to note, most days are like this one with very little game play. I do a lot of emailing, texting, calling, and use a lot of prodiuctivity tools like calender, calculator, box, dropbox, etc. I mostly use my phone as a major productivity tool. And the battery supports and handles it no problem!
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-07-14 08:02 PM
    After reading how you have your device set up, I may make a few changes to see if that helps my Q10. Just out of curiosity, did you have similar battery life on 10.2.1?
    11-07-14 08:42 PM
    I did. Never had any battery issues.
    11-07-14 09:45 PM