Hey guys, I bought a used Q10 like three months back and this is having a battery and overheating issue. Battery will not survive at least 8 hours on normal use. Gets really hot (like hard to touch) and battery dies within 2 hours or something.

I went through most of Q10 battery and thermal related threads but most of them were due to poor reception or it was a new device.
    I live in a city where I have full reception (all the bars) on all 2G, 3G and 4G but I'm on 2G and 3G mode.

I have already tried reloading the OS from Link, but the results are same.

I'm considering getting a new battery for this guy, is there anything else I should consider before doing that? Because I don't think replacing the battery would resolve the thermal issue.

System, display and PIM services top the battery consumption in device monitor.

What are my options? Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Maduranga Pillai; 06-20-16 at 11:47 AM. Reason: update for Device Monitor
    06-20-16 11:41 AM
    Are you using the "battery saving" mode in the settings selections. I don't know how long the batteries last year wise. It is now uncommon to get 2 or more days usage from a single charge. I rotate/switch batteries once a month. Smartphones have been known to overheat, check the internet. BB on a website acknowledged a heating problem and said they "were" working on the issue. That was a year or so back! I had hoped newer OS's would remedy that problem. Have heard of App's (Android) are prone to high usage as well as heating. The problem is that developers work for BB as well as Android so I don't know if this really a valid. This may be the nature of the beast!
    06-20-16 12:25 PM
    One long shot to try is to use compressed air to blow out the earphone jack. My Q10 was doing the same thing. I reloaded the operating system but it did not help. I kept doing searches and found a link where others had a similar problem and resolved by by cleaning the earphone jack. I was not expecting it to work but it did. Some commented that they used compressed air (which is what I used) while others commented that they used a Q tip with the cotton removed. The other symptom my Q10 was having was that a few days after it started overheating and running down the battery it started also rapidly cycling through the audio outputs during phone calls, e.g. rapidly and randomly switching between speaker phone, earpiece, and bluetooth. Oddly enough, it didn't switch if I was simply playing music to a bluetooth device, it was only during phone calls. As I stated, the audio switching didn't start occurring until several days after the Q10 started rapidly draining its battery and overheating. Best of luck to you.
    06-21-16 08:24 PM