Lets have just one place to check status and exchange feedback.

Im in SE PA and nothing today (2/10/14) either OTA or Link but this guy (post 755) claims to have it via Link

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9983620
    02-10-14 08:40 AM
    02-10-14 09:10 AM
    Yeah but that's for the Z10 and they may not release both the Z and Q and the same time. That said, your the Mod so your call if we should keep this one open. My thought was there were just too many places to check for status reports.

Maybe just merge all the threads from the Q10 forum into one?
    02-10-14 09:36 AM
    Actually, that thread is for the Z30. I understand that the Z10 already was released. Any news on the Q10 front?
    02-10-14 03:54 PM
    I've waiting for Q10 10.2.1 update today but ultill now, there is no update.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 03:59 PM
    Yep, looks like we got the shaft today as well I just wish somebody there would at least tell us WHEN!
    02-10-14 04:33 PM
    ( I've now posted this in so many other forums already discussing this, I'm probably in danger of having my wrist moderator-slapped, but here goes again..... and I apologise again for all the cross-posting! )

Earlier today I had what I believe was a genuinely honest conversation with a Tier-2 Technical Support Rep. at Verizon Wireless. I asked when we Q10 customers are likely to see an official OS update, and explained that there are rumours and misinformation everywhere about this. She told me that she doesn't ever have access to that kind of information, and that it's above her paygrade to even be able to contact those who do have it. She could only tell me what I already knew - that the Z10 was updated in January, and that the last update for the Q10 was last August. Basically her department finds out about update approvals at the same time the customers do, and she saw nothing on her schedule to indicate anything was being offered today.

Since I was not permitted to talk to anyone higher up, I asked if she could please relay my customer wishes to those who are doing the testing. I also told her that the more time that passes, the less functionality I have on my phone; the latest update includes new features, including security features, which I cannot use, and more new apps are created which I cannot install. I also stressed that there are a LOT of us who have been waiting for this, and it would help if someone would contact Blackberry in an official capacity, and provide a timeline we can believe.

She agreed to pass my information along, and apologised for not being able to give me further information. It was a very civil and cordial conversation, and I felt she was being honest when she said she doesn't see the updates being rolled out until they have been announced to everyone.
    02-10-14 04:51 PM
    But more than a few somebodies must know something. I have not stopped by my local BB store to ask because I did not have the time to explain to them what a blackberry was.
    02-10-14 05:44 PM
    If the carrier reps don't know, then certainly the retail sales people won't know either. They can guess dates all they want but it's still just hopeful guessing.

But more than a few somebodies must know something. I have not stopped by my local BB store to ask because I did not have the time to explain to them what a blackberry was.

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    02-10-14 06:28 PM
    That does beg the question: WHO does know then?

I know many here are holding off loading the update from here if the official one is going be released at some date certain.
    02-10-14 07:19 PM
    Right now, nobody, for sure. There are people in charge of making those decisions after all the testing is done, and they will give the signal to Blackberry when they feel it's ok to push the update to VZW customers. What I learned, is that the customer reps, even those in the tech department, don't talk to the testers, and have no advance knowledge of their release timelines. Those reps who claim to know are guessing, just as we are.

That does beg the question: WHO does know then?

I know many here are holding off loading the update from here if the official one is going be released at some date certain.

Last edited by Ragbert; 02-11-14 at 12:43 AM.
    02-11-14 12:28 AM
    Also, I downloaded last week an update to the Facebook app... I believe that the Facebook app update may have been intended for the 10.2.1 OS, because my phone soon was having issues with the hub, and when I restarted it, it couldn't load any messages, the hub would just indicate "Preparing Hub...." forever. Could still use the apps, though. So, I re-loaded the OS, which worked. Also backed everything up while I was at it. Good thing I did, because 2 mornings later, I awoke to a dead Q10. Just giving me the old LED flash of 1 flash, pause, 4 flashes, pause, repeat. Called in to Verizon, they sent me a warranty replacement. As I was setting up the replacement phone, I noticed there were a lot of app updates waiting for me in Blackberry World. I carefully checked each one... If the release date was in 2013, I went ahead and downloaded it. If it was in 2014, I didn't. Facebook and the official Blackberry Twitter app both got ignored. So that's an example of what this delay might be costing them.
    02-11-14 08:23 AM
    Well, it was not so much the waiting as the complete lack of info on when it was coming that made me bit the bullet and install the leak. I’m not a techie at all but it really was pretty painless. Here is the info I used in case any want to try:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ll-q-z-887047/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rocess-876037/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ummies-895151/ (should add to turn on the phone after starting the autoloader)

How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com (thankfully did not need!!!)
    02-11-14 07:23 PM
    ( I've now posted this in so many other forums already discussing this, I'm probably in danger of having my wrist moderator-slapped, but here goes again..... and I apologise again for all the cross-posting! )

Earlier today I had what I believe was a genuinely honest conversation with a Tier-2 Technical Support Rep. at Verizon Wireless. I asked when we Q10 customers are likely to see an official OS update, and explained that there are rumours and misinformation everywhere about this. She told me that she doesn't ever have access to that kind of information, and that it's above her paygrade to even be able to contact those who do have it. She could only tell me what I already knew - that the Z10 was updated in January, and that the last update for the Q10 was last August. Basically her department finds out about update approvals at the same time the customers do, and she saw nothing on her schedule to indicate anything was being offered today.

Since I was not permitted to talk to anyone higher up, I asked if she could please relay my customer wishes to those who are doing the testing. I also told her that the more time that passes, the less functionality I have on my phone; the latest update includes new features, including security features, which I cannot use, and more new apps are created which I cannot install. I also stressed that there are a LOT of us who have been waiting for this, and it would help if someone would contact Blackberry in an official capacity, and provide a timeline we can believe.

She agreed to pass my information along, and apologised for not being able to give me further information. It was a very civil and cordial conversation, and I felt she was being honest when she said she doesn't see the updates being rolled out until they have been announced to everyone.
    This is the 3rd time I have read this exact post but reports of good customer service and communication always bring a smile to my face. I wish 1/3rd of my VZW calls were of this quality. Thanks for the frontline work, I'll call as well to further push the demand of information.

Posted without the help of autocorrect on my Q10, 10.2.1.1925
    02-11-14 07:41 PM
    Thanks for not taking me to task for posting that all over the place! There are at least 8 threads now complaining about Verizon's lack of BlackBerry updates, probably that many also for AT&T and T-Mobile, and a few general international threads looking for updates - ugh. (I think I posted that story only 6 times, a drop in the proverbial bucket, haha. )

I'm big on "don't shoot the messenger" in cases like this. Even 2nd-tier support reps are waaay down on the totem pole when it comes to knowledge of software testing results. I was lucky enough to get a good one who didn't try to appease me with guesswork and made up information. Hopefully I made her aware, in a friendly way, of just how frustrating it is to no longer have access to the latest features on our phones. If she passes on these issues to her superiors, maybe they will filter through to the people who control the push timelines.

This is the 3rd time I have read this exact post but reports of good customer service and communication always bring a smile to my face. I wish 1/3rd of my VZW calls were of this quality. Thanks for the frontline work, I'll call as well to further push the demand of information.

Posted without the help of autocorrect on my Q10, 10.2.1.1925

02-11-14 08:49 PM
    Just wondering if anyone knows if Wifi Calling on the Q10 is the sticking point with Verizon testers, as it apparently is with TMobile testers?

02-21-14 01:35 PM
    Just wondering if anyone knows if Wifi Calling on the Q10 is the sticking point with Verizon testers, as it apparently is with TMobile testers?

T-Mobile is the only carrier with Wifi calling. So if they try to use that excuse I will have lost all faith in the company.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 01:43 PM
    Verizon has said wifi calling is coming this year, I think. I doubt it's the reason for the holdup though.
    02-21-14 02:51 PM
    OK, thanks guys - that's what I thought. It just surprises me that virtually every US carrier is "testing" the Q10 version of the update, which they already released for the Z10. What could possibly be so different that it would take this long to approve? The FM radio maybe? (I know that none of us know the answer... just speculating. )

Verizon has said wifi calling is coming this year, I think. I doubt it's the reason for the holdup though.
    T-Mobile is the only carrier with Wifi calling. So if they try to use that excuse I will have lost all faith in the company.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 07:03 PM