Well, I didn't even have to find an example...it's above for you all to see.

Over the past couple of days, my beloved Q10 has decided to insert random "0s" like the one in the title above.

I can't find a pattern. I'm surprised it hasn't happened again since I stared this thread. But it's constant. New problem, but constant. Seemingly random. Worse than all the random capitalizations that occur.

Anyone experienced this or have an clues?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SoxFan; 12-16-13 at 09:11 PM.
    12-16-13 08:41 PM
    It's crying for a new Os. Lol.

I couldn't help my self, sorry I couldn't help.
    dalight13 and pttptppt like this.
    12-16-13 08:45 PM
    This is happening on your replacement device?

Over the past couple of days, my beloved Q10 has decided to insert random "0s" like the one in the title above.

I can't find a pattern. I'm surprised it hasn't happened again since I stared this thread. But it's constant. New problem, but constant. Seemingly random. Worse than all the random capitalizations that occur.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:52 PM
    It's crying for a new Os. Lol.

I couldn't help my self, sorry I couldn't help.
    I think so, but weird and frustrating.

Meanwhile, this 0copamy c0lled AT&T hasn't released 10.2 yet. What the heck is taking them so loooong?

Meanwhile, u see two more "0"s randomly inserted up above.
    12-16-13 08:52 PM
    This is happening on your replacement device?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't replaced that devi0ce bec0ause it's a 2-4 hour process and I figured I do it in conjun0ction with the Oc0tober release of 10.2. Things are deteriorating though.
    12-16-13 08:56 PM

Meanwhile, this 0copamy c0lled AT&T hasn't released 10.2 yet. What the heck is taking them so loooong?

Are you on the stock OS if so maybe if you loaded a leak (I suggest 10.2.0.1809 ) it might fix your problem, and have you done a hard reset on your Q , by holding the volume up and down buttons until you see the blue loading symbol, take a bit but just hold them both down.

Posted from my Z30
    12-16-13 08:58 PM
    I know that I ran into an issue where the "w" key became extremely sensitive on my Q10 keyboard and even brushing it would insert unwanted characters. I had to send it in for warranty repair.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30
    12-16-13 08:59 PM
    Maybe it's better not to replace your device so that it covers up the spelling errors? Odd that the first paragraph you can't spell and the second one is correct. Hmm. MayObe it's noOt the phOonne!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:00 PM
    Looks scary.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:01 PM
    Are you on the stock OS if so maybe if you loaded a leak (I suggest 10.2.0.1809 ) it might fix your problem, and have you done a hard reset on your Q , by holding the volume up and down buttons until you see the blue loading symbol, take a bit but just hold them both down.

Posted from my Z30
    Is that different than a battery pull?

I have been cautious abt loading the leak due to:

(1) reported problems with the leak;

(2) time to download the leak, incl learning and figuring it out, which I'm sure I can do by following the instructions;

(3) c0ncern over voiding the wtty? Does the download invalidate the wtty?

(4) any now expectation that the new official OS would have been released.
    12-16-13 09:05 PM

Your random "0"s don't look random. It looks like it's whenever you type the letter "C".

I'd say it's an issue with the keyboard. I have a similar issue with with extra "0"s added sometimes when I type a phone number in with a "0" in it.... it's annoying but I don't type the "0" key enough to try to swap it for a new one under warranty. I'd take it back to the store if I were you, "C" is an important letter lol.
    12-16-13 09:12 PM
    Maybe it's better not to replace your device so that it covers up the spelling errors? Odd that the first paragraph you can't spell and the second one is correct. Hmm. MayObe it's noOt the phOonne!

Posted via CB10
    There wouldn't be a thread if it was abt spelling errors, unless it was abt problems with the spellc0heck/correction function. Oops. There is goes again.
    12-16-13 09:13 PM
    Your random "0"s don't look random. It looks like it's whenever you type the letter "C".

I'd say it's an issue with the keyboard. I have a similar issue with with extra "0"s added sometimes when I type a phone number in with a "0" in it.... it's annoying but I don't type the "0" key enough to try to swap it for a new one under warranty. I'd take it back to the store if I were you, "C" is an important letter lol.
    Thanks for ur decoding. Ugh there was a C.

And another one. We'll, it could be a keyboard issue which would accelerate the wtty replacement.

But now lots of c0s later and it finally shows up! So it's sometimes when I type some cs?
    12-16-13 09:16 PM
    Your device is defective, as you have been told many times. It takes most people about 15 minutes to replace it, either in a store or by calling your carrier customer service.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:17 PM
    Just download the leak, unzip then click the exe file and plug phone into computer, with airplane mode on, make sure BB link is closed. It will start to load the os and you should get a green led. Unplug when the window closes and the device will reboot by itself. You should do a security wipe after and then set up like new or restore from BB link.
    Yes it is different from battery pull, you shouldn't do that with a BB10 device, do it the way I mentioned by hard reset.

Posted from my Z30
    12-16-13 09:18 PM
    Your device is defective, as you have been told many times. It takes most people about 15 minutes to replace it, either in a store or by calling your carrier customer service.

Posted via CB10
    First if all, a store won't do anything.

There is a repair/warranty depot abt a half hour away. Usually a 30+ min wait for service. Then, there's a process. It's more than two hours before ur back home. Then u have to reload the back up. Depending on how this device backs up, there's always been lots of time re customizing my devic0e after a replacement.

But maybe I should do a mail in warranty replacement. The one thing abt my device that I think is fundamentally impaired is the microphone, otherwise it works fine, although u think the touchscreen issues and device speci0fic even though they are widespread.

This random 0 thing c0ould be hardware or software related.
    12-16-13 09:29 PM
    Do you use an off brand carrier?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:32 PM
    All of your "0s" are all next to the letter 'c' in your posts above. Seems like there's a hardware issue and whenever you go to hit your 'c' key, the '0' key is inadvertently triggered. It seems similar to the double letter typing problem people are having.

"C0uld"
    "Devic0e"
    "0copany"

yzarc already pointed it out before I could, but I do think it's hardware related.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    12-16-13 10:58 PM
    It's definitely an overly sensitive key problem. And it will worsen. Potentially to the point that the key will always be active making it problematic or impossible to do a proper security wipe from your device. Replace it under warranty now, there is no logical reason to delay. I find it hard to believe that AT&T wouldn't offer the same warranty exchange process as other major carriers: they mail you a new (or refurb) device, you transfer what you need to, and send the faulty device back via the provided return box. Not too terribly time consuming if you are relatively competent using backup/restore utilities.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:33 PM
    I had the same problem. I replaced the keyboard and all is good now.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 06:15 PM
    I had an issue with my keys before and after replacing the keyboard it's smooth as silk again.

Try sliding your fingers over the keys (but don't press), that exposed which were my broken or overly sensitive keys.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 03:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if I had that problem before but I do know after I read this it started to happen to me! That strange! It kinda gets on my nerves though

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 01:55 AM