05-15-15 09:24 PM
85 1234
tools
    Oi know you guys are prob right and it's totally psycological but if I know an official build is coming I'd rather wait than sideload an unofficial version. I don't know why. I guess I hate the idea of settling in just to do it all over again. Stupid I know

Oh well I'll cave if I don't hear anything soon. I already sideloaded it on my playbook so well see

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    06-18-13 08:51 PM
    Did you send your request via the Amazon website or via the e-mail address that's listed on BB App World to email application support? (kindleforandroid@amazon.com)

My experience with Amazon customer service through their own website is that they often are very limited in their knowledge of apps. I'll be sending them an e-mail now at the above address. Not expecting much, but hopefully someone there will wake up and start doing the right thing
    I started a case on their website (logged in) and now they want me to call them to sort this out - hopefully close now

/Per

Posted via CB10 on a Q10 Nordic
    06-19-13 02:10 AM
    Well, I'm definitely interested in hearing how that all plays out. Keep us posted!

I got one of those standard replies, you know, the 'we appreciate your feedback' etc and they said they forwarded my e-mail to the kindle team who will carefully consider my suggestions. Not sure if I'll ever hear from the Kindle team, but I'm patiently waiting for now.
    06-19-13 10:24 AM
    Hmmm... Am really keen for the Q10 Kindle app. Still no sign of it. Hoping it will be launched sometime this summer.

Along with Skype this was my most wanted app.

via CB10 using the Q10
    06-19-13 11:22 AM
    Has anyone tried the mobi readers in appworld
    06-19-13 08:45 PM
    Kindle on this screen? Honestly, it's too small....
    Nonsense! I just upped the font one size (8 to 9, I think) and it is perfectly legible. You can always boost it more if needed. The "space bar" advances you one page too if manually advancing by swiping across is too tiring
    06-19-13 08:52 PM
    Has anyone tried the mobi readers in appworld
    I have tried one. It does what it says and works okay, but I still end up missing my Kindle app. Purchased DRMed Kindle books can't be imported into other readers and of course basic Kindle functionality (whispersync, dictionary, notes) is unavailable on that other reader.

If you don't have a Kindle or Amazon Kindle books, the epub and mobi reader on app world works well enough to get you reading those DRM free books.

Posted with my Q10 using CB10
    06-20-13 08:32 AM
    Side load the sucker!

Posted via CB10
    I just did, just temporary of course ;-)

/Per

Sent using CB Forums mobile app
    06-23-13 03:11 PM
    This is Z10 only...
    06-23-13 03:40 PM
    Nonsense! I just upped the font one size (8 to 9, I think) and it is perfectly legible. You can always boost it more if needed. The "space bar" advances you one page too if manually advancing by swiping across is too tiring
    Exactly. It's no different than Kindle on a 9900, which I had and used on occasion - and probably better due to the better screen.
    PJD642 likes this.
    06-23-13 03:52 PM
    Well, here we are at the end of June. Just got my Q10 this week and gradually learning my way around it. There still is no Kindle app in BB World for the Q10. I emailed Amazon & they told me it should be in BB World. I then chatted with Amazon & was told if it wasn't in BB World it is not yet available!! This is VERY disappointing as I often read Kindle books on my old BB 9000 and found it very comfortable. I am getting homesick for my old, slow, wonderful 9000!!!!!
    06-28-13 07:30 PM
    I just side loaded the android version on my q10 and it works fine....yes i didnt want to do it but after todays news I had to....so now im a little more happy but i would like the official one please
    06-28-13 09:55 PM
    Well, here we are at the end of June. Just got my Q10 this week and gradually learning my way around it. There still is no Kindle app in BB World for the Q10. I emailed Amazon & they told me it should be in BB World. I then chatted with Amazon & was told if it wasn't in BB World it is not yet available!! This is VERY disappointing as I often read Kindle books on my old BB 9000 and found it very comfortable. I am getting homesick for my old, slow, wonderful 9000!!!!!
    Did the same and amazon's email support seems a bit clueless in this matter

Sent from my LG-E975 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-29-13 04:40 PM
    Careful, it is android crap
    That made me chuckle.

Please start emailing the developers of apps that you want on your device. That really is the best way to get the gears turning. In the mean time, try sideloading if your familiar with the process Good luck!
    It's not always easy to get their contact information or the right contact information. Seems like BlackBerry should be talking to Amazon.

Anyhow, emailed them with my request as consumer and publisher. I'm sure bearing the full weight of my sole-proprietorship will make waves.

I sideloaded Kindle on my Playbook but was really unimpressed. While Kobo customer support sucks, their apps are much better.... Wait... They don't even have one for the Q10 either, do they.... Sigh...

Carry a tablet, e-reader, smartphone, etc seems like too much crap to carry around IMO. <lazy>
    Last edited by Kersus; 07-05-13 at 01:14 PM.
    07-05-13 01:02 PM
    My response from Amazon:

Hello,

I understand your concern about the availability of Kindle on Blackberry Q10.

I'd like to let you know however that this time, we're unable to tell you when will Kindle be available on Blackberry Q10. I'm sorry about this.
    However, I can assure you that we have not announced any dealings with Blackberry yet.

Rest assured as well that I've passed on your concern to our developers.

We definitely value your opinion and will continue to listen and respond to our customers' concerns. We will make every effort to evaluate the information you have provided, and try our level best to lead it to program changes or enhancements.

As with all of our products, we continue to make Kindle better for our customers.

As soon as Kindle becomes available in Blackberry Q10, we will definitely let you know about this through our website.

With regard to your concern about publishing Kindle books, I'd like to let you know that I've passed your concern to the Publishing department and you should expect a response within 24 hours.

We're hoping for your patience and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,
    07-05-13 01:52 PM
    I'm getting really tired of Amazon's standard responses. My email was forwarded to the Kindle team from who I never heard anything back. I'm starting to think their opinion is that they've fulfilled their promise to come to BB10 by making the app available for the Z10 and that they couldn't care less about Q10 and upcoming Q5 and A10 owners. What can we do to wake them up, apart from sending more emails?

Edit: here's my e-mail exchange with Amazon

Dear Sir, Madam,

I have included my previous e-mail exchange. I understand my previous messages have been forwarded to the Kindle team and I am anxiously awaiting their response. That being said, I would like to point out that CS doesn't seem to be aware of the fact that Kindle is available for 1 BlackBerry10 device, namely the Z10. It is available in the BlackBerry App World on http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/25058915/

I would also like to point you towards the following thread on the website CrackBerry- http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...84/index2.html

As a customer it worries me when it's not possible to receive one single clear answer regarding issues. I have been on the other side, working customer service, and I know and fully understand that mistakes get made. But when people get different answers, some of which are obviously wrong, it diminishes trust in a company and makes us feel like we're being stringed along.

This will be my final e-mail on this issue for now, I hope something gets done with the feedback me and others have given and that a decent Kindle app for the BlackBerry Q10 and Q5 will appear on the horizon.

----

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear about any disappointment this issue may cause. That's definitely what we don't want our customers to experience.

However, as of this time, Kindle for BlackBerry can only be used on the following devices:

9630 (Tour)
    9000 (Bold)
    9700 (Bold)
    8900 (Curve), 8520 (Curve)
    9500/9530 (Storm), 9550 (Storm 2)
    9800 (Torch)

I do understand how convenient it would be our customers if this updated app version is implemented and please be assured we're continuously working hard to improve your Kindle experience.

To make sure that your comments are heard by the right people in the organization, I've forwarded your message to our Kindle development team--I know they'll want to hear about your feedback. This way they can take notice of this issue, take your suggestions into consideration and make sure changes are implemented in the near future as we plan for improvements.

We have team of experts who takes into consideration each and every feedback of our customers and brings them into practice.

Customer feedback like yours is essential in helping us determine what additional features our visitors and customers want most. We value your opinion and will continue to listen and respond to our customers' concerns.

As soon as this feature becomes available, we will definitely let you know about this through our website.

If you have more questions and need further assistance, please feel free to contact us back through the following link and we'll be happy to assist you further:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...bUvbUpU8768518

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
    .................................................. .................................................. ....................

---- Original Message: ----

Dear Sir, madam,

Please read the previous email exchange below this message. After the notification that my e-mail would be forwarded to the Kindle team I have not received any further response. As of now, an application for the BlackBerry Q10 is still not available. Amazon has made the promise to make a Kindle app available for the BlackBerry 10 platform. I am wondering if Amazon feels they have honored their promise by just releasing an app for 1 device on the BlackBerry 10 platform? Me and many other customers using the Q10 and now also the Q5 feel neglected and ignored.
    A number of us have sent emails. Some have been told that BlackBerry is to blame but most of us have received the same standard reply telling us you value our feedback but you can't say anything about a possible release for the Q10. I would appreciate receiving an answer to the questions: Is a Kindle app even coming to the Q10 and Q5? If yes, is it currently being worked on or is it something placed on a to-do list for the future?

An honest answer would be very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
    -----Original Message-----
    Subject: Your Amazon.com Kindle Inquiry

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

We built our Kindle store from many different pieces of information and we really appreciate knowing about any suggestions given by our prestigious customers.

I have forwarded your report to our Kindle Team, they will carefully review your suggestions. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write to us. We value your business and hope you'll give us an opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you in the future.

We do value the feedback of our customers and make every attempt to integrate their comments or suggestions into our stores and procedures.

As always, please feel free to contact us should you have future suggestions, questions or comments. We have team of experts who takes into consideration each and every feedback of our customers and brings them into practice.

Thank you for using Kindle.

Best regards,
    .................................................. .................................................. ....................

---- Original Message: ----

Dear sir, madam,

A while ago you released Kindle for BlackBerry 10. At that time the only BlackBerry 10 device available was the Z10. Nowadays the Q10 has been added and the Q5 has been announced and will be released shortly as well. However, the Kindle app is still only available to Z10 users, leaving many of Q10 owners frustrated. Judging by the forum posts I've found on several different websites I'm not the only person who feels this way. Could you please make Kindle available for Q10 users as soon as possible?

In addition to the first request I would also ask you to please consider moving on to create a BlackBerry native app instead of running the current Android port. While an Android port works, it's not nearly as smooth and well integrated as any app developed for BlackBerry itself using Cascades.
    (http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/). This also shows in the reviews on BlackBerry App World. I really feel like this is a missed opportunity as BlackBerry customers are starving for decent apps to fill the gaps. The better the app fits the platform, the more likely we as customers are to both use it (for reading AND purchases) and recommend it to others.

Hopefully you'll take this all into consideration.
    Sincerely,
    Last edited by VeniceBB; 07-05-13 at 03:37 PM.
    Perus likes this.
    07-05-13 02:38 PM
    For anyone comfortable with side loading and tired of waiting for Amazon to get off their butts and release this, here's the version that you get on a Z10 from BlackBerry World : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-apps-f274/kindle-app-v3-9-2-52-bb-world-bar-download-here-825887/

Works great on my Q10!
    toosweetnitemare likes this.
    07-06-13 02:29 AM
    Thumbs up for your efforts, the more of us asking for this the better :-)

/Per

Posted with CB10 on a Q10
    07-06-13 03:37 AM
    The Kindle Sideload works perfectly fine for me, but thanks for the effort to get a real deal app made. Now if only SiriusXM would honor their pledge to make one for BB10....

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 06:28 AM
    Thumbs up for your efforts, the more of us asking for this the better :-)

/Per

Posted with CB10 on a Q10
    Exactly my thoughts. So here's a request for those who are happily using their sideloads. Could you please send Amazon a quick email to request an official app?
    07-06-13 12:44 PM
    I've sent them 2 requests for a BB10 version now. Just because I'm working around it doesn't mean I'm not harassing them for an official release!

Dealing with BlackBerry World is far easier then side loading...

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-06-13 02:00 PM
    I know this isnt what you are asking for but side loading siriusxm on the q10 works great....you need to use the new method....search my post on it
    07-06-13 06:40 PM
    Downloaded the Kindle app for my Z10. I switched to the Q10, transferring my data from the Z10. The transferred Kindle App works perfectly on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 07:42 PM
    How could I transfer my Kindle app from my 9000 to the Q10?
    07-12-13 08:14 PM
    How could I transfer my Kindle app from my 9000 to the Q10?
    You can't, at least not by copying the .COD files & stuff like we used to be able to do on the old OS7. What you have to do is sideload the Kindle android app onto your Q10. Then when you sign in for the first time on the app, it will automatically sync with Amazon, and all of your books & such will be available on the Q10 (you'll have to go to "Archive" and download the content onto your Q10, but once you do that your bookmarks & things will be sync'd. You won't have to purchase them again). You may also want to go to Amazon.com, "Manage your Kindle" > "Manage your devices" and "deregister" the 9900 if you won't be using it any more.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    07-12-13 11:55 PM
85 1234