Thanks. I was hoping not to have to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 04:58 AM
    Thanks. I was hoping not to have to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree, especially since all they (Amazon) need to do is notify BB to change the settings (or whatever they're called) in App World to reflect that it works on the Q10 & Q5 as well as the Z10.

I'm hoping that when OS 10.2 is released with the newer android emulator we can upgrade to a newer version of Kindle...I want to start reading the Walking Dead comics, which this version (and the one on my PB) won't handle yet....
    07-13-13 11:22 PM
    What HaTaX said!!!! I also use reading glasses (just magnifiers you can get at the drugstore) which makes reading the small screen VERY comfortable.
    ... interesting... just curious to know the magnification rate... I do not wear glasses although... is it sufficient to buy a +2.0 dioptries?
    07-14-13 10:15 AM
    I never had a problem reading Kindle books on my 9000. Just made the font the size I was comfortable with. Can't wait to read my books on my Q10!!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    07-14-13 10:56 AM
    From Amazon, as of today:

We've made no announcement about a new Kindle app for BlackBerry Q10 models, so I'm not able to answer your question. I've forwarded your concern and suggestions to our development team and we'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements. We're regularly working on improvements to your Kindle experience. I've let the Kindle team know you're interested in this Kindle app.
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-16-13 03:12 AM
    Ahhh, but it's AMOLED and fantastic to read at night with the text set to white on a black background. Also the space bar goes to the next page for easy flipping with the keyboard, you may be flipping more pages then on a Z10 but it's really not that bad.

Seriously, can't overstate how nice it is to look at that screen in complete darkness while reading a book on kindle, it's just so easy on the eyes.
    i dunno why i find the black backgrounds and white text hard to read. I had this problem on my windows phone.
    07-16-13 03:24 AM
    From Amazon, as of today:

We've made no announcement about a new Kindle app for BlackBerry Q10 models, so I'm not able to answer your question. I've forwarded your concern and suggestions to our development team and we'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements. We're regularly working on improvements to your Kindle experience. I've let the Kindle team know you're interested in this Kindle app.
    A few days ago I sent my 3rd email to Amazon about the Q10 Kindle and got the same response. They must receive our letters and hit "autorespond" :-(

07-16-13 07:01 AM
    A few days ago I sent my 3rd email to Amazon about the Q10 Kindle and got the same response. They must receive our letters and hit "autorespond" :-(

Yeah, that's exactly why I mentioned that in my replies to them. For once I actually got a non-automated response. I just don't understand why they're making it so hard when it's really just a small change/addition they need to make.
    07-24-13 04:09 PM
    ... interesting... just curious to know the magnification rate... I do not wear glasses although... is it sufficient to buy a +2.0 dioptries?
    Please be advised...I'm not an expert in this...but I'll share what I've noticed from using the magnifiers - The higher the number, the closer you can comfortably look at the phone, and the worse it is to look at things further away, such as the computer screen at your desk. For example, I have a pair of 1.75 glasses that I keep at my desk because I can also use them to look at my computer screen which sits a little more than two feet away. These will work also for looking up close at my BlackBerry, but I can bring the phone even closer if I put on my 3.0 pair (which I keep next to my bed) because they have greater magnification and allow me to hold the phone closer than the 1.75, with no strain on my eyes. The 3.0 won't work at my desk for viewing the computer though, because things that far away will be fuzzy.
    Hope this made sense.
    anischab likes this.
    07-24-13 09:51 PM
    You are correct.
    Depends on your age. The older you are the stronger power you will need to read. Eventually (by age 55 to 60) you will need about +1.50 for the computer and about +2.75 for reading. That's on top of any distance prescription. (I wear trifocals).
    That being said, with the Kindle app on my 9000 I could enlarge the type as much as necessary to read comfortably. I used to read Kindle books all the time on the 9000. I really miss that app on my Q10!!
    PS: I am an ophthalmologist.

Last edited by OTCHRussell; 07-25-13 at 12:49 AM.
    anischab likes this.
    07-24-13 11:54 PM
    Perhaps those who have side loaded the Kindle app on their Q10 should file a report directly from the device, requesting that amazon officially support the device in BlackBerry world.

I did that and got the FIRST non-canned response I've received from Amazon on the topic.

I find that the AMOLED screen of the Q10, with white text on a black background, is actually quite good for reading, and I am tired of sideloading the app.

When you report directly from the app, it sends data like this. Maybe it goes to a different set of CS reps and maybe the existence of the "Device Model" field helps, but at least the report elicits a better response than the standard "Thank you for your email. A full list of BlackBerry devices supporting the Kindle app is located... [list of all BBOS devices; not even a mention of the Z10, let alone the Q10]."

Device Type: Android
    Device Model: RIM Q10
    OS Version: 2.3.3
    Kindle Version: 3.8.2.52

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 09:00 AM
    Today I got this response from Amazon regarding the absence of Kindle Reader for the Q10;

"Hello,

I've reviewed your email and completely understand your disappointment caused due to the unavailability of kindle reading application for your BlackBerry Q10. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience has caused to you in this regards.

Although at this time kindle reading application is not available for your BlackBerry Q10, we'll be sure to consider your feedback as we plan for further improvements. Rest assured that I have passed along your comments to our developers. We definitely value your opinion and will continue to listen and respond to our customers' concerns. We will make every effort to evaluate the information you have provided, and try our level best to lead it to program changes or enhancements.

As with all of our products, we continue to make Kindle and Kindle apps better for customers with regular software updates.

As soon as your request becomes available, we will definitely let you know about this through our website.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write to us.

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated in this matter.

We hope to see you again"...

Maybe if we all try this approach everyday

/Per
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-30-13 07:34 AM
    Keep bugging them. I got that answer 3 times already!! I don't know if they realize I wrote them 3 times

07-30-13 08:14 AM
    Sucks another app not working with blackberry
    09-01-13 03:37 PM
    So Has anybody tried the Kindle cloud reader (works through the browser) on the Q10?
    09-01-13 08:38 PM
    Its funny. I first sideloaded the ebay android app. And then they made it available for the Q10 in blackberry world I replaced it. The thing worked exactly the sideloaded one. I couldn't even tell the difference. Don't wait for kindle in BlackBerry world. Just side load it. Trust me

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    09-01-13 09:18 PM
    Where is the kindle app for Q10 I don't see it
    09-02-13 09:11 AM
    Where is the kindle app for Q10 I don't see it
    It doesn't exist yet...
    09-02-13 04:21 PM
    Hey did you get yours to work? IF so, where does it place the book files since on my 9650 it was easy to find and now I am trying to move them to the q10 kindle folder.
    09-06-13 06:58 PM
    I don't understand how reading can be enjoyable on the Q10. The screen is just too small...

- Charles
    09-06-13 10:34 PM
    I don't understand how reading can be enjoyable on the Q10. The screen is just too small...

- Charles
    Lucky for you you don't need the app then

I had no trouble reading in bed using the Kindle app on my 9780. Kept me from having to keep the lights on to read on my regular Kindle. If I could manage that and be happy with it I'll be just fine with reading on the Kindle app on the Q, when it gets here.
    09-07-13 05:19 AM
    The kindle app for the Q10 is a joke, it reloads all the time, when you exit you have to re-register, it was more enjoyable reading on a 9650 as once you signed in thats all you ever had to do.

The lack of apps really cripples this phone... Trying to be a believer... its getting so difficult.
    09-13-13 11:17 AM
    What is sideloading and how do you do it?
    09-20-13 12:42 AM
    I have been a loyal Blackberry users for over 15 years. The following are the Q10 improvement suggestions.
    1. Group mail address to send mail to a group of people or forward mail to a group of people.

2. Save mail in a save mail file area for EZ retrieving. (BlackBerry 9800 has this feature)

3. Find unread mail, after read it, is still shown unread.

4. If email has attachment, it should have indicator on mail list. (bold 9800 has this feature)

5. Since screen is small, Screen need to rotate to portrait to Landscape and back so EZ read documents or spread sheet

7. Mobile Office must have option to purchased upgrade option so could add row or Column in excel all the previous 9800 upgrade features.

6. Should copy all the 9800 mail features onto the Q10. Q10 is a great hardware, But many key features of blackberry important features not included. For example Back key to get out from present program or doc or activities or apps.
    Samsung, Apple, old 9800 has this back key feature.

7. Contact, turn off and removed battery, difficult to load address. Take 30min to load address.
    Ask to select account. Which default has been set at desktop. But take long time to load.

8. Screen rotate

9. Back key to get out of present apps or present word document or email

10. Marking of Copy items using key arrow instead of a finger pointing at screen which many time screen touch is not sensitive.

11. Is it Apps max is only 6 pages. Once it reached full 6 pages it is full and any new apps will not be display?
    Apps is an important feature inorder to be successful with BlackBerry smart phone vs iphone and Andriod.

Need to encourage getting more meaningful Apps, especially for business use.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 12:58 AM
    On a similar topic there is a Kobo app in BlackBerry world although I couldn't manage to pay for books using it from my q10 due to bugs. On a plus though it's quite a decent epub reader and I've imported and read a few epubs from Project Gutenberg. Can set black on white, white on black, text size all the important stuff works well.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 04:37 AM
85 1234