I'm a little lost here... I thought they said Kindle was coming to the Q10 but after looking into it it seems to be Z10 only. anyone have news on this?

Yes I know I could get the android side loaded just rather see if I could get an official release

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:49 PM
    Kindle is available in BlackBerry World. Here's the link.
    It is an android port.
    06-07-13 08:04 PM
    Nope. It says unavailable for my device. I'm on the Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 08:06 PM
    Confirmed. I'm on Q10 and I can't install it either.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 08:18 PM
    Obviously they have not done a conversion for the smaller screen. Send emails to Kindle and ask.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 10:28 PM
    Careful, it is android crap

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10 (if I am typing, most probably the Q)
    SK122387 likes this.
    06-08-13 12:59 AM
    Side load on the Q10 works just as well as native for Z10

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 02:26 AM
    Careful, it is android crap

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10 (if I am typing, most probably the Q)
    It is Android, but well behaved. But the unofficial port from Goodreads is also well behaved.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 07:53 AM
    I just sideloaded the 3.2.0.35 bar file that's out there and floating around, it sizes itself perfectly for the screen and works great for me.

Worth it to sideload it until Amazon gets the Q10 listed as a supported device on BlackBerry World, it's a quick and painless process.
    06-08-13 04:27 PM
    Please start emailing the developers of apps that you want on your device. That really is the best way to get the gears turning. In the mean time try sideloading, if you're familiar with the process Good luck!
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 07-30-13 at 11:36 PM.
    holly joslin likes this.
    06-08-13 04:29 PM
    I am familiar. I have sideloaded a bunch on my playbook. I know it's silly but I hate the idea of tinkering with my phone of I don't have to. I'd imagine the kindle app would be a real easy port for the Q10 so I don't wanna go ahead and side load it just to have an official one the next week. I know it's stupid and I'll probably cave if I don't hear anything in a week or so

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 06:56 PM
    I am familiar. I have sideloaded a bunch on my playbook. I know it's silly but I hate the idea of tinkering with my phone of I don't have to. I'd imagine the kindle app would be a real easy port for the Q10 so I don't wanna go ahead and side load it just to have an official one the next week. I know it's stupid and I'll probably cave if I don't hear anything in a week or so

Posted via CB10
    It won't matter. Not sure what would be holding you back... It takes a couple minutes tops, to sideload the Kindle app. if an official is released you just delete it and install the official
    06-08-13 07:14 PM
    Not available on BlackBerry World. Waiting for release!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 08:32 PM
    I always must have Kindle on my phone but never use it lol. Much better on a tablet!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:55 AM
    Kindle on this screen? Honestly, it's too small....
    holly joslin likes this.
    06-09-13 01:57 AM
    Ahhh, but it's AMOLED and fantastic to read at night with the text set to white on a black background. Also the space bar goes to the next page for easy flipping with the keyboard, you may be flipping more pages then on a Z10 but it's really not that bad.

Seriously, can't overstate how nice it is to look at that screen in complete darkness while reading a book on kindle, it's just so easy on the eyes.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-09-13 03:08 AM
    How do I get back to menu in kindle app? After selecting a book?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:47 AM
    Start at the bottom of the screen where the "T" & "Y" keys are and swipe to the left and up slightly. (Upward direction is slight, left movement should be normal)

Otherwise swipe from the top of the screen downward and that will bring up a menu at the bottom with a back button.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    06-12-13 08:51 PM
    For those of you who still wants Kindle to appear in BlackBerry World for the Q (like me) after their promise to release it in late May, the following is Amazon's response to my inquiry;

"I've checked and would like to inform you that we've released our Kindle app for all the blackberry 10 series devices. I'd also like to inform you that problem is not from our end as we've released the app as promised.

The problem is that Q10 device isn't supporting the Kindle app due to the Blackberry platform. The problem is from their end.

In this case, I request you to contact the Blackberry customer support team as hey can help you better in this case."

I'm not sure Amazon got it right and it's helpful but it's a response ;-)

/Per

Posted via CB10 on a Q10 Nordic
    06-18-13 12:46 AM
    Side load the sucker!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 01:33 AM
    Side load the sucker!

Posted via CB10
    Nooo - I knew someone would say that ;-)

/Per

06-18-13 01:38 AM
    For those of you who still wants Kindle to appear in BlackBerry World for the Q (like me) after their promise to release it in late May, the following is Amazon's response to my inquiry;

"I've checked and would like to inform you that we've released our Kindle app for all the blackberry 10 series devices. I'd also like to inform you that problem is not from our end as we've released the app as promised.

The problem is that Q10 device isn't supporting the Kindle app due to the Blackberry platform. The problem is from their end.

In this case, I request you to contact the Blackberry customer support team as hey can help you better in this case."

/Per

Tell them to go look at their app in their vendor portal. On BlackBerry World the it clearly states supported devices Z10. Now that I have my Q10.. Kindle?-kindel_z10.png
    06-18-13 09:11 AM
    Tell them to go look at their app in their vendor portal. On BlackBerry World the it clearly states supported devices Z10. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kindel_Z10.PNG 
Views:	2009 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	173449
    I've tried that now, awaiting response.

/Per

06-18-13 03:42 PM

/Per

Did you send your request via the Amazon website or via the e-mail address that's listed on BB App World to email application support? ([email protected])

My experience with Amazon customer service through their own website is that they often are very limited in their knowledge of apps. I'll be sending them an e-mail now at the above address. Not expecting much, but hopefully someone there will wake up and start doing the right thing
    06-18-13 04:01 PM
    Ahhh, but it's AMOLED and fantastic to read at night with the text set to white on a black background. Also the space bar goes to the next page for easy flipping with the keyboard, you may be flipping more pages then on a Z10 but it's really not that bad.

Seriously, can't overstate how nice it is to look at that screen in complete darkness while reading a book on kindle, it's just so easy on the eyes.
    What HaTaX said!!!! I also use reading glasses (just magnifiers you can get at the drugstore) which makes reading the small screen VERY comfortable.
    06-18-13 08:31 PM
85 123 ...