Notification setting for "Notifications?"-img_00000211.png
    With reference to the screenshot attached, could anyone tell me how I can change the notification setting for "Notifications?" The phone vibrates when there's a "Notification" and I really don't want that.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 01:05 AM
    how about setting from pull down menu->notifications?
    09-05-13 01:51 AM
    There's no item there to customise "Notifications." There's customisation for things like emails, phone calls, various apps, but nothing for "Notifications," unless I'm missing something.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 01:55 AM
    Under notifications, it has the defaults like texts, BBM, phone etc. But all other notifications (BlackBerry World Updates, CB10, whatever) are under more. You'd be best off to determine the source of the notifications that bother you (which app is triggering those notifications) and then change the settings for that app.

Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS. Subscribe to Channel: C00121BDD
    09-05-13 01:58 AM
    The problem is that it's not an app that's triggering the notifications. It's this notification that asks me to update my password for "DAWN-PC." I suppose that's my computer but there's no password to update so I don't know what else to do but to try to mute the notification. Unfortunately I can't find any way to do so.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 02:42 AM
    Sounds like a wifi password.

Trusted Member
    09-05-13 03:25 AM
    But I'm connected to my wifi just fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 04:04 AM
    I believe the easiest solution to this would be to figure out what that password is that you need to change. Care to provide a screen shot of the notifications?

09-05-13 03:41 PM
    Notifications can not be customised... It will follow the general settings of the active profile.. it has nothing to do with the content of the notifications... they are system notifications like BlackBerry World updates becoming available and upon opening sideloaded apps... some sideloaded apps also push ads through there... BlackBerry should make an option to customise it..

From the Z...
    09-05-13 04:31 PM
    Notifications can not be customised... It will follow the general settings of the active profile.. it has nothing to do with the content of the notifications... they are system notifications like BlackBerry World updates becoming available and upon opening sideloaded apps... some sideloaded apps also push ads through there... BlackBerry should make an option to customise it..

From the Z...
    Already addressed here - they have. See bolded.

Under notifications, it has the defaults like texts, BBM, phone etc. But all other notifications (BlackBerry World Updates, CB10, whatever) are under more. You'd be best off to determine the source of the notifications that bother you (which app is triggering those notifications) and then change the settings for that app.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 04:59 PM
    Already addressed here - they have. See bolded.

Posted via CB10
    I can't help but think that the OP is being misunderstood... we're talking about the notifications between HUB and BBM right? These are not customisable... if I'm the one misunderstanding the OP , discard my previous post and this one...

Edit: I now realise by looking back at his screenshot (which didn't display the first time I entered the thread) he must be running 10.2... I don't do leaks... so I can't give an informed advice on this issue... excuzi

From the Z...
    09-05-13 08:30 PM
    I can't help but think that the OP is being misunderstood... we're talking about the notifications between HUB and BBM right? These are not customisable... if I'm the one misunderstanding the OP , discard my previous post and this one...Edit: I now realise by looking back at his screenshot (which didn't display the first time I entered the thread) he must be running 10.2... I don't do leaks... so I can't give an informed advice on this issue... excuziFrom the Z...
    He meant everything that's not baked into the Hub. Those notifications go into "Notifications" in the Hub, but have separate sound profile settings.
    campbecw likes this.
    09-05-13 08:53 PM

From the Z...
    Yes, thank you. That was what I was talking about. I forgot about things like BB World app update notifications belong there too.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 04:52 AM
    Well, once again, all those notifications triggered by apps can have their notification sounds changed or muted.

09-06-13 03:48 PM
    Well, once again, all those notifications triggered by apps can have their notification sounds changed or muted.

Well, perhaps I did not make myself clear again. There are many different types of notifications (new message, app update, warnings, etc.) within an app and I want to just mute all those that go into the Notifications category, not every single notification of a particular app. In the past BBOS there were such options which do not seem present right now. In any case, I think I've gotten the answer to my question.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:10 PM
    Sounds like you should just go into the "more" section and mute everything. Even software updates come through BlackBerry world when it comes to notifications. I hope you got it figured out. Good luck!

09-07-13 03:40 AM
    Well, perhaps I did not make myself clear again. There are many different types of notifications (new message, app update, warnings, etc.) within an app and I want to just mute all those that go into the Notifications category, not every single notification of a particular app. In the past BBOS there were such options which do not seem present right now. In any case, I think I've gotten the answer to my question.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you should just go into the "more" section and mute everything. Even software updates come through BlackBerry world when it comes to notifications. I hope you got it figured out. Good luck!

I know what it is now, OP wants the granular controls for each app back. Like BBM, gtalk, and yahoo each had three individual controls for chats, adding people, and another I can't recall.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 04:43 AM