I had orginally been using a Q10 since last March. And when I recently bought a Z30 for my mother, I thought the big screen and the touch keyboard thing was pretty cool, so I took advantage of the $200 Z10 fire sale and bought a Z10 for myself.

And now, I realize I just wasted my $200 for nothing.

The Z10 is a beautiful skinny phone, but that's about it.

The typing on glass is absolutely horrible.
    Here are some instances when I got annoyed.

1) I like to type on my Q10 without looking down on the phone, since looking down on a phone for a long time is really bad for the neck joints/muscles and spine (maybe doctors on here can add more info on this). With my Q10, I would type without looking down on the phone. But with my Z10, it is just not possible to type lengthy messages without making a mistake since the auto correct cannot correct accidental spacebar, period, question mark, etc. So within a week of switching a Z10, my neck started hurting.

2) While the bb autocorrect is good, it still makes tons of annoying mistakes in a lengthy email, and sometimes embarassing mistakes too, especially in a business email. And this point really goes for all touchscreen keyboard.

So I am back on my Q10, and I cannot even sell the Z10 since there is absolutely no resale value.

To state the positive from my experience of purchasing a Z10,
    - Now I know never to buy another glass screen keyboard phone, so spending $200 on a Z10 potentially saved me money from spending more money on a virtual keyboard flagship phone in the future.
    - Maybe there can be a sentimental value in owning a Z10, as the first BB10 device (much like the first Iphone).

I will keep using my Q10 for now, and when the price of the new Classic goes down to $200 1 year from now, I will upgrade then.

I am done with this glass keyboard thing. Physical keyboard fo' life!!
    bbnrs, igottheshanks and JGoodard like this.
    11-14-14 02:01 PM
    How much time did you use your z10 to come to this conclusion?

Before bb10 I used a bold, and I used to think that virtual keyboards sucked. Then I got a z10, got used to it, got a z30 and now I'm sure if I was to get a physical keyboard I'd have to adapt to it and I'd probably not like it for the first couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 02:10 PM
    Just request a refund lol
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=1K2hH8Je

sorry to hear the glass isn't working for you... I was on the q10 until I bought a a z30 with that 55% discount, and I must say, while I do miss the larger physical keyboard with tactile feedback, the sacrifice was worth it to me! The larger screen and beautiful firm factor is so worth it! I do make a few more mistakes while typing, but the difference is negligible, I suggest you return the z10 and get your money back, then try out the z30. The larger screen on it compared to the z10 means the keyboard is larger, so it's easier to adjust coming from the q10's large keyboard. Yeah I sometimes still hit a when I intended to hit the s, or s instead of the d because of spacing issues, z30 on screen smaller than q10 physical, but the larger screen and sexier form factor are so worth it! Your call op, your call

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 02:19 PM
    Adjusting from a physical keyboard to virtual one is going to require negotiating a learning curve, no matter what. The question is whether you're motivated enough to get past it. The big reason to go with a Z10 or a Z30 is the nice 16:9 screen you get for media and games in landscape, and for many users that's enough to make the switch.

If there's no compelling reason for you to change to a virtual keyboard, nobody's holding a gun to your head. Personally, I'd not only gotten used to a vkb, I absolutely LOVED the Z30 and never saw myself going back to a physical keyboard ever. The Passport piqued my curiosity, though, and while it had its own learning curve (it really is a different input method from any other phone EVER), for me it was worth it. YMMV.
    11-14-14 03:10 PM
    Adjusting from a physical keyboard to virtual one is going to require negotiating a learning curve, no matter what. The question is whether you're motivated enough to get past it. The big reason to go with a Z10 or a Z30 is the nice 16:9 screen you get for media and games in landscape, and for many users that's enough to make the switch.

If there's no compelling reason for you to change to a virtual keyboard, nobody's holding a gun to your head. Personally, I'd not only gotten used to a vkb, I absolutely LOVED the Z30 and never saw myself going back to a physical keyboard ever. The Passport piqued my curiosity, though, and while it had its own learning curve (it really is a different input method from any other phone EVER), for me it was worth it. YMMV.
    This.

Keyword: "Learning Curve".

Got that OP?

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and CerveloJohn like this.
    11-14-14 04:39 PM
    Physical keyboards are so much better!
    bbnrs likes this.
    11-18-14 12:47 AM
    I have never used a Blackberry device with physical keyboard so you may be correct about your observation; all I can say is that having switched over from an iPhone (and for a brief period I was using the Windows 8 phone) the #BB10's virtual keyboard was such a unique and pleasurable experience that I was completely sold on Blackberry's #bb10 phones! I had a #Z10 and now I use the #Z30 as my regular driver - even today, for the single handed ease of use the #Z10 is the best "flicking" phone out there!
    11-18-14 01:08 AM
    I personally hated the Vkb. That is one of the reasons why I switched from the Note2 to the Q10. Which by the way, I don't miss that brick of a phone! Lol It was a transition the 1st 2 days but after that I was able to navigate through the keys like a bad*$$! So I'd think it would take some time vise versa.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    11-18-14 05:37 AM
    I personally hated the Vkb. That is one of the reasons why I switched from the Note2 to the Q10. Which by the way, I don't miss that brick of a phone! Lol It was a transition the 1st 2 days but after that I was able to navigate through the keys like a bad*$$! So I'd think it would take some time vise versa.

I love that BlackBerry provides two styles ( or with the passport, is it three types of typing experiences?) for everyone's personal preference.

So far, in my own opinion, no other manufacturers can match BlackBerry productivity in a phone that's built for communication first.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    11-18-14 05:48 AM
    Funny, I just bought a new unlocked black Z10 yesterday because I enjoy the virtual keyboard so much.

It's a different experience from typing on my Q5 and Passport but still enjoyable in its own way for me. But I can understand people who are used to physical keys not liking it.

I think it's great that BlackBerry offers different form factors using the same OS.

Here's a shot of my Q5 and Z10 taken with my Passport - I enjoy all 3 of them:
    Attachment 315226
    11-18-14 06:03 AM
    Speak of your self.. for me is absolutely the opposite

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    11-18-14 06:09 AM
    Well, enjoy your physical keyboard phone. I'll never buy a physical keyboard smartphone because of the amount of screen real estate that you have to sacrifice to accomodate the keyboard. Won't buy a slider or retract because of the level of unreliability that the mechanism adds to the device.
    11-18-14 06:22 AM
    I had the Z10 for over a year and a half. And I have a Q10. Both are great. I loved the VKB on my Z10 and was even able to type fast on it. I do agree that autocorrect can be quite challenging at times. I was typing on my Playbook last nite via Bridge on BBM and Text message and that was an experience.

I prefer the PKB but no complaints about the VKB on the BB10 s. BlackBerry did a bang up job.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-18-14 07:26 AM
    I'm not sure if your hating on the Z10 or just any touch device in general.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:35 AM
    I have no problem with vkb's in fact I might be a little faster on them. I could fly on my iPhone 5s. However, I prefer the pkb -- I like feeling the keys being pressed, can type without looking and I feel like I make less mistakes (small margin though).

Both are good and have their own learning curve. I am with you though on sticking with the pkb (unless the dbl typing happens to me).

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:04 AM
    .I am done with this glass keyboard thing. Physical keyboard fo' life!!
    Use the z10 for games. That's what I will be doing with mine after I receive my brand new Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 03:24 PM
    Vkb is a ?good idea if you want to watch a larger image at times. But the Q10 is a communication device, not an virtual entertainment center, like Iphones!
    11-18-14 05:52 PM
    Lol I wondered how you liked your q10 after switching. I know what it's like being totally new to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 06:39 PM
    Vkb is a ?good idea if you want to watch a larger image at times. But the Q10 is a communication device, not an virtual entertainment center, like Iphones!
    I see this repeated all the time in defense of blackberry. I know a couple people who are faster on the vkb than I have ever seen someone type on a pkb. One uses an iPhone and the other uses swype on android and they both fly through their communication needs. They are not just "toys" or things to play games on -- some people are very productive using them.

I have the Q10 because I think BB10 is a solid operating system and for me I like a pkb (and the shortcuts that come along with it). I also have an iphone 5s with a mophie juice pack air that never let me down on standby if for whatever reason I need to switch.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:58 PM
    I see this repeated all the time in defense of blackberry. I know a couple people who are faster on the vkb than I have ever seen someone type on a pkb. One uses an iPhone and the other uses swype on android and they both fly through their communication needs. They are not just "toys" or things to play games on -- some people are very productive using them.

I have the Q10 because I think BB10 is a solid operating system and for me I like a pkb (and the shortcuts that come along with it). I also have an iphone 5s with a mophie juice pack air that never let me down on standby if for whatever reason I need to switch.

Posted via CB10
    I am not arguing that vkb can be as quick as a physical keyboard. However, I am suggesting that people type more accurately, without relying on autocorrect. And also, it is possible to type without looking down on the physical keyboard which is useful for people who do not want to look down while they are typing.

Also, keyboard shortcuts exist for physical keyboard which just cannot be matched by the virtual keyboard.

So yes, physical keyboard phones are more productive.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 09:02 PM
    I'd just add one more consideration : thumb strain. I work with my hands, and I've definitely noticed that when I get into a long fast discussion on the Q, at a certain point my thumbs begin to stiffen up and ache. With the vkb I'm able to type with zero tension and my thumbs have been thankful for it.

I would also add (I guess that makes it two more considerations I'm adding) that there was a major difference for me between the Z10 and 30. I tried three or four times over the course of a year to switch onto the 10 from my Q, and I always ended up frustrated and switching back. I recently picked up the Z30 though and wow what a difference the extra space makes. Far fewer errors.

It's certainly less stable and secure than the pkb, but the lack of tension and flat surface allow me to type faster and longer. I had a gf at one point who could blaze on her iPhone kb, but I'm not at that point yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 09:15 PM
    Love my passport..but hyped about the next all touch device. The z30 was and still is the best virtual keyboard on the market! Loved my Z30!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-18-14 09:39 PM
    I am not arguing that vkb can be as quick as a physical keyboard. However, I am suggesting that people type more accurately, without relying on autocorrect. And also, it is possible to type without looking down on the physical keyboard which is useful for people who do not want to look down while they are typing.

Also, keyboard shortcuts exist for physical keyboard which just cannot be matched by the virtual keyboard.

So yes, physical keyboard phones are more productive.

Posted via CB10
    I think you mean -- can be more productive.

I have the Q10 and I love the device. Major reason: pkb!! I don't know if I am any faster or that much more accurate than with a vkb. I do love keyboard shortcuts though.

I just don't like to hear people saying that iphone/samsung/ect are entertainment devices or toys. It's very short sighted and makes BlackBerry owners look immature and defensive. Iphone's are now being adopted by a good number of companies and government agencies so they have to have some capabilities when it comes to productivity.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:20 AM
    I think you mean -- can be more productive.

I have the Q10 and I love the device. Major reason: pkb!! I don't know if I am any faster or that much more accurate than with a vkb. I do love keyboard shortcuts though.

I just don't like to hear people saying that iphone/samsung/ect are entertainment devices or toys. It's very short sighted and makes BlackBerry owners look immature and defensive. Iphone's are now being adopted by a good number of companies and government agencies so they have to have some capabilities when it comes to productivity.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting observation, because people with iphones or samsung do the same. It's not a BlackBerry user thing everyone does it cause everyone has an opinion or preference. Some consider iphone a toy, some consider BlackBerry a dinosaur it's fine. People defend what they like. It's how we react to an opinion. This is CB so yes it's not surprising people will slam iphone or android etc. It is, what it is.

11-19-14 07:28 AM
    Sir there are plenty of users who swear by these two devices the q10 n z10. Sorry u having a neckache.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:17 AM
28 12