I want to replace my HTC One with a Q10 , but I want to ask a few questions first ....

1- Did anybody try the facebook for android app ?? How is it on the Q10 ?? How do android apps run on BB OS10 ??

2- How is the device after extended usage ?? Does it hang after installing lots of apps ?

3- The battery life ,, how much time does the battery stand ??
    08-23-14 07:02 AM
    I want to replace my HTC One with a Q10 , but I want to ask a few questions first ....

1- Did anybody try the facebook for android app ?? How is it on the Q10 ?? How do android apps run on BB OS10 ??

2- How is the device after extended usage ?? Does it hang after installing lots of apps ?

1. On 10.2.1 (the current official os), the android facebook app is a bit laggy. But on 10.3 (which I'm currently using through leaked and non official software) it's not as buggy. Unfortunately, if you want to wait for an official release, you'll have to wait for 10.3.1 (which'll be released in november/december). Or you can install an autoloader with a leaked os (full os with very few minor bugs). I'd suggest the latter. If you do get a q10, before doing anything, install the 10.3.0.1052 autoloader (it's an amazing upgrade from 10.2.1)

2. I'm using a z10, z30 and I used to have a q10. None of the devices after about a year and a half are lagging or hanging. Android apps don't really affect performance but they can affect battery (just like on android devices. to fix, download a task manager).

3. The battery life on the q10 is significantly better than the z10, but not as good as the z30. If you need a keyboard device, q10 currently has the longest battery life, but if you wait a month, the passport will be available (it has a bigger screen, smarter keyboard, nearly twice the battery life of the q10 (from experience), better screen, more ram, better processor). I strongly suggest that you wait a month and upgrade to the Passport
    08-23-14 09:09 AM
    1) I really like the Facebook app on BlackBerry 10, and even the android app works like a breeze!
    2) android apps don't lag, we have android 4.3 runtime, which will improve! The phone NEVER hangs or lags!
    3) the q10 can last forever

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:11 AM
    I have done the same, I jumped from a HTC One to the BlackBerry Q10, just because of the keyboard.
    I'm happy with the Q10, I don't run many Android applications on the BlackBerry Q10, except Instagram. Which is pretty useless because of the screen size.

I use Q10 for all the texting, calls, but I do have a HTC One M8 to do the other stuff, like Instagram, Hangout Video Calls, and other stuffs.

The rest is on you. If you are willing to keep both the devices, well and good, it's a good decision. But, if you wish to keep either of ONE, I better advise you to do your research, or find someone with a BlackBerry Q10 near your place, and have a look at the device.

Regarding the battery life, it's fair enough. I can get through a day, but I have to charge it when I'm home after work ( 9am to 9pm, mostly)
    Facebook application is somewhat buggy, you cannot see the recent posts even after selecting the 'recents' option in the sort menu. The browser version of Facebook works flawless.

Rest is depenpent on your usage, if you don't use much of Android applications which need Google Services to run, you can migrate without thinking.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:48 AM
    Can't have a device that will ever fulfill all one's needs.

I got a new Q10 last month for a secondary sim, with a Note 3 I've been using since January this year with my primary sim. I can't overemphasize what a huge relief messaging - email, sms, chat - has been on the Q10.

I'm keeping the Note 3 for browsing, videos, and as a hotspot since my LTE plan is on that primary sim. All all the heavy lifting, I do now on the Q10.

I know not everyone subscribes to carrying more than one mobile especially with the advent of these phablets. My Q10 fits easily in my pants pocket. The Note 3 lives in a field bag. I disdain every time I need to take it out of my field bag.

My perfect device would be a 5" HD screen with a sliding landscape BlackBerry quality physical keyboard. I don't see that happening any time soon, though. Until then, I'm keeping both the Q10 and the Note 3. Not ideal, but I'll live with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 05:56 AM

HTC One is better in every case...IF u like android apps like fb,twitter and much more than HTC is best..as u haved about fb,bb 10 fb is not much useful. It has many issues like no multiple upload of pics special issues in vedio upload. And battery of HTC is also better than Q10.but if u want to try latest BlackBerry 10 then its ur choice. No regular updates for apps. Less battery bacup.yet u want to enjoy BlackBerry 10 then u should buy z30 or passport. Depending upon touch or qwerty +touch

@dazlr
    08-24-14 06:02 AM