i have had the q10 running 10.1 os since i bought it and it didnt have this problem, i decided to update to 10.2.0.1443 and then i never receive notifications from (facebook, whatsapp) until i start the app and then i get all the notifications... now am back to 10.1.0.4633 and the problem is also there, i tried a security wipe on both the 10.1 and 10.2 and still the same problem

the contacts from gmail used to show, now they never do, i tried removing the account and re-adding it, security wipe, but still it says no contacts on gmail, and i made sure that they are there on the original site...
    i have also tried different wifi hotspots, and data plans, all with the same result, elimination theses as the problem

if i refresh the facebook chat from the hub i get the notifications, but never automatically, sometimes even when the fb chat is running i have to refresh to get the updates...
    09-22-13 11:40 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

Sorry, I don't have the answer to your problem because I don't use gmail. Hope someone can help you. Good luck
    09-22-13 01:08 PM
    This is the kind of feature I was looking for on the Bold. On that BB, facebook would open and take juice/network when I didn't want it until I opened the app.

Hopefully you can configure this to work for you since that is your use case, but you answered a big question of mine. Thanks!
    09-22-13 10:49 PM
    you're welcome, am glad it helped you...
    i found this post with manyyy whom had the same problem...switching off the fb and twitter notifications on the hub seems to do the trick
    so now i only get whatsapp and BBM but fb notifications cannot be enabled or it wont work...
    i think the problem is not on every single blackberry and only some, but it still is a software issue

HUB not working properly since 10.1 update - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

still waiting for a solution, my blackberry is useless now
    09-23-13 04:38 PM
    09-24-13 05:19 AM
    did not fix my problem, i already had it configured like that, i tried reinstalling the fb and twitter apps and also set the configuration like listed, i tried deleting fb and twitter accounts and it still is the same problem, i receive my msgs very late and sometimes only when i open the app... turning off the fb notification helped for a DAY then the same problem happened,

thank you for you help anyways, i appreciate it
    09-24-13 02:09 PM