Do not talk about the dark theme saving battery life. I think phone is designed to use. It is just a tool rather than a diamond. When I got my lovely Q10 five months ago, I used dark theme everywhere. But darkness background with white characters really hurt my eyes when I stared at the screen reading articles from crackberry forum just a bit longer. WTF(why the face lol) If dark background with white characters is good to eyes,then why not books?! Why Many people yelling "we want the dark theme hub?!" sorry~WTF(why the face lol) that's all my personal opinion. If you disagree with me, whatever ~ but if you agree with me, give me five!

Posted via my lovely Q10
    03-27-14 08:39 AM
    Dark theme is better in low light situation, especially with a phone like your Q10 and it's OLED screen because black pixel are simply turned off, so they are completely black. Thus they take marginally less power as well. Less contrast between background and text is easier to read. Less contrast between surrounding and phone is also easier on the eyes.

But the choice is yours really. If you find it's better to read with white background, so be it!

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    03-27-14 08:45 AM
    Do not talk about the dark theme saving battery life. I think phone is designed to use. It is just a tool rather than a diamond. When I got my lovely Q10 five months ago, I used dark theme everywhere. But darkness background with white characters really hurt my eyes when I stared at the screen reading articles from crackberry forum just a bit longer. WTF(why the face lol) If dark background with white characters is good to eyes,then why not books?! Why Many people yelling "we want the dark theme hub?!" sorry~WTF(why the face lol) that's all my personal opinion. If you disagree with me, whatever ~ but if you agree with me, give me five!

Posted via my lovely Q10
    I believe the easiest screen to read is black with green lettering, but most wouldn't like it visually.

I don't remember what site it was, but it was maddox mission something, and he had once said about black letters on a white screen, that its like reading the writing on a light bulb... and I completely agree with him
    03-27-14 10:06 AM
    I'm not sure the books example is a good one... I think books have white pages because of less ink.... maybe by default, paper is always white...
    03-27-14 10:17 AM
    I'm not sure the books example is a good one... I think books have white pages because of less ink.... maybe by default, paper is always white...
    I believe paper was made white (or tan in earlier days) by default because the early writing instruments were dark. graphite mixtures were used as well as soot mixtures and plant dye mixtures etc.
    03-27-14 10:56 AM
    Download ReaditNow! You can change literally everything with the layout. Color of the page, font size, etc. Your battery will die very fast if you use a lot of bright colors.

Posted via Blackjack Q10
    03-27-14 04:27 PM
    I use dark theme firstly because I love not having a bright glowing screen.

If some one says it helps battery, cool, fine.

If you don't like it, don't use it but I love options.

And I'm not a racist. (jokes)
    03-27-14 04:37 PM
    I was never a fan of the dark theme. To each their own.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 04:54 PM
    Exactly. use it or not it's just to have an option.
    Apple says what you like berry let's you choose that's a great way to separate your self from them. And frankly I'm always happier with choices.
    03-27-14 04:59 PM