I went today to buy a Q10 at AT&T store located at Loop 1604 and Culebra Ave in San Antonio TX and was told they don't stock it because
    "nobody likes it". it had to be" special order" .. and the sales rep didn't even offer me to place an order so I could get it, so I left the store.
    I hope John Chen can make a great turnaround and shove it to AT&T and T-Mobil, BB needs to start marketing this fabulous devises
    aggressively. I'll get my Q10 at Sprint after Christmas
    12-24-13 07:39 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! i don't get why US carriers suck so much. why the hate on a company not to far from home.
    12-24-13 07:51 PM
    Thanks for the welcome!
    12-24-13 08:07 PM
    Hopefully, BB and ATT release a native version of 10.2 soon. I will give them until the middle of March (which is generous), but if its not out by then, I will have to ditch the q10 and stick with my iPhone. Main problem? Audible and visual alerts for tasks from Outlook, and the ability to set times on reminders. For business users, thats an absolute must, and was the norm on OS versions prior to 10. Frankly, I liked OS7 just fine, but it needed a MUCH better browser.
    12-24-13 08:17 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, I had to go to two Sprint stores before i found one that had a Q10 in stock, and that one was the display model in the case. Surprisingly, the rep talked up the phone and said how great it is. He also said that they weren't selling well though, and that's why they weren't being stocked.
    monterrelleno1 likes this.
    12-24-13 08:28 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, I had to go to two Sprint stores before i found one that had a Q10 in stock, and that one was the display model in the case. Surprisingly, the rep talked up the phone and said how great it is. He also said that they weren't selling well though, and that's why they weren't being stocked.
    +1 Sprint is the only Carrier i've experienced good customer service when it comes to BlackBerry phones. Went to AT&T before i joined Sprint to get the phone (because Sprint was last to get it.) they basically made fun of the phone and questioned why i would dare consider it over a Galaxy s4. I left. So glad to be with Sprint.

It's rather annoying, because this is a big issue for BB. If the reps actually did their job, it would help BB a lot in sales.
    12-24-13 08:39 PM
    If Reminders are important to you, then 10.2 will be a big boost. The Calendar is fully integrated via Remember in 10.2. So you can set a reminder for pretty much anything...emails, text, task, notes, etc.
    Hopefully, BB and ATT release a native version of 10.2 soon. I will give them until the middle of March (which is generous), but if its not out by then, I will have to ditch the q10 and stick with my iPhone. Main problem? Audible and visual alerts for tasks from Outlook, and the ability to set times on reminders. For business users, thats an absolute must, and was the norm on OS versions prior to 10. Frankly, I liked OS7 just fine, but it needed a MUCH better browser.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:33 PM
    Working with carriers is what BlackBerry needs to do not be aggressive and fight. They need to hold carriers, strengths not the weakness.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 02:37 AM
    Working with carriers is what BlackBerry needs to do not be aggressive and fight. They need to hold carriers, strengths not the weakness.

Posted via CB10
    Carriers won't do them any good at the moment, they need to start selling the phones on their own.
    12-25-13 04:46 AM
    It seems like carries only want to sell the newest iPhone or Samsung. It is really sad.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 07:38 AM
    How can they have so much inventory write-downs I keep hearing about, if none of the carriers have inventory?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 07:42 AM
    Rumour has it the the US carriers have long term performance agreements with Apple & Samsung. That is, they HAVE TO meet defined sales targets or pay penalties.

IF true, it goes a long way to explaining the consistent reports of US carriers' attitudes.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:54 AM
    If it helps, I did see the Q10 and Z30 at the VZW store on E 45th St and Lexington Ave. They had them featured on their own little station next to the HTC One.
    12-25-13 10:01 AM
    Let them have it, i'm going to buy 2 on-Iine. What they seem to miss is that we as BlackBerry users typically use this as the most powerful mobile business device and on average have the highest disposable income.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 10:50 AM
    It is like that here in Canada as well.

Ask to see a BB, and you are met with ridicule from the tween staff most of the time.

I walked into a Source (aka Radio Shack) and wanted to see a Z30. The display was just a bunch of inert devices.
    First thing kid said was, "we have one in back, but it isnt charged... and why would you want a BlackBerry?"

If he worked fo me, I would fire him on the spot. When a consumer walks in and says show me something, show them exactly what they ask for.. without injecting your personal bias.

The cash I had was burning a hole in my pocket.. and he didnt get any of it.

BB until it is not CDN
    12-26-13 12:45 PM
    How can they have so much inventory write-downs I keep hearing about, if none of the carriers have inventory?

Posted via CB10
    Because the inventory is what should be in carrier stores. You can't blame them for not carrying a phone almost no one comes in to look at or buy. They sell and stock what sells, not niche items that sit there until the odd person comes along asking about it.
    12-26-13 12:52 PM
    That's true, however would it hurt them that much to have 1 of each model in stock in case someone walks in that wants one and can't be convinced to try another brand? Wouldn't take much space and make a few more customers happy.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:50 PM
    Yeah. It's the same situation here in New York. My sister in law walked in a T-Mobile store interested in switching from her iPhone 4 to a Z10 and the associate told her that they don't sell BlackBerry phones, since they went out of business.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 10:16 PM
    Probably was a retail store rather than a cooperate store.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 10:20 PM
    AtT&T is horrible, I've been to 3 different locations for several reasons and every one has sales people that either don't care, are openly mocking for interest in BB, or would like to help but are themselves confused on how BB10 works. We have to admit if your an iphone user and walk in wanting to check out a Z10 the OS can be a little tough to "get" out of the gate. If BlackBerry doesn't have the help of sales people with the carriers who can explain the basic functions of the phones in the stores they're never going to break through.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 10:44 PM
    update: I got my phone from Sprint and I being enjoying this phone ever since .. it is fabulous!!! the sales rep from Spring was not too knowledgeable of BB phones but she had a nice and helping attitude and had no problems selling me the phone. This phone is exactly what I expected, I like the way the phone is now and it will get much better when I get the 10.2 upgrade whenever that comes to Sprint
    01-25-14 01:12 PM
    Like you said whenever, hope they get it quicker than they did the phone.

Posted on my BlackBerry Q10, because I'm so Bloody Special.
    01-25-14 02:06 PM
    You can always install the latest leak which has worked well for many however it looks like the official is coming out shortly. When I bought my Z10 att had a working model in the store that I tried out and the in store rep was pretty knowledge about the phone. Stated that it was great for business just depends on your use. I ended up picking it up at Best Buy As they had it for free with a new contract. The rep at Best Buy also knew about the phone and set it up and showed me how everything worked. He had obviously used one before.

Most stores do seem to push the big two though. Just walk in the door and all you see is apple and android. Our att store also has a corner of windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 02:07 PM