09-18-14 02:05 AM
45 12
tools
    My password keeper data didn't restore and I saw no option to restore just the Pw keeper data on Windows. I just redid it manually.

Posted on my Q10
    05-02-13 12:27 AM
    My password keeper data didn't restore and I saw no option to restore just the Pw keeper data on Windows. I just redid it manually.

Posted on my Q10
    What happens is that if you had Password Keeper data on your previous phone, it gets sucked over to the new BB10 regardless of whether you have the app on board or not. Then, the first time you launch the app it's supposed to give you the option to restore.
    05-02-13 12:36 AM
    The option to restore was there, but password keeper didn't think there was the appropriate file. I didn't have that many (20?) so I just did it manually.

Posted on my Q10
    05-02-13 12:39 AM
    So cool. I switched from my 9700 to Q10 earlier today using BlackBerry Link.

Now I'm at work, and just downloaded password keeper.

The first time I opened it, it says make new password, enter twice... then asks there's previous password data, enter old password to retrieve. So cool!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 12:43 AM
    Foolishly, I did not write my passwords on paper!! When it asks for my password to import from other device it tells me incorrect password.

I know the password is correct, thought i would try on y previous torch but it gives me same message.

Anyone.....
    05-02-13 06:23 AM
    So now how to restore just the Password Keeper data from my 9900 when I only have a Mac. As far as I know it's all or nothing. Any ideas?
    I have now managed to transfer my password data from the 9900 to the Q10 but things didn't happen quite as I expected.

I have been using the Q10 for a few days so the data I originally backed up to it from my 9900 has been superceded. Therefore I had hoped that by using a PC (yes I borrowed one!) I would be able to selectively restore just the Password Keeper data.

In practice this wasn't the case as as soon as I plugged in the Q BlackBerry Link wanted to set it up using all the data from the 9900. I allowed it to go through the process but expected that I would then have lost the four-days worth of data, settings etc added since I began using the Q.

But once the setup was complete I had not only my Password Keeper data but the Q had retained everything else I'd added over the four days with the device too. All the draft messages that had randomly appeared after the first restore were back, but I hadn't lost anything I'd sent or received since the first set up and all the settings were still there.

Surprising.
    05-02-13 11:19 AM
    What happens is that if you had Password Keeper data on your previous phone, it gets sucked over to the new BB10 regardless of whether you have the app on board or not. Then, the first time you launch the app it's supposed to give you the option to restore.
    This didn't happen to me - until I restored for a second time. (My original restore was before I had downloaded Password Keeper)
    05-02-13 11:21 AM
    See this is kinda sad, we shouldn't get excited that a basic app is on our new phone, you won't see S4 fans getting hyped up that they can use front facing cameras.
    05-07-13 10:06 AM
    Same for Wallet. However, on the bright side, I can confirm that data for both were imported when we switched devices. Hopefully this means that when they are released, a simple install will be all that is needed.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-07-13 10:34 AM
    What's so great about Password keeper? There are several apps in BBW which can even store the encrypted passwords in the cloud and allow you to use the same passwords in your browsers.
    05-07-13 10:40 AM
    What's so great about Password keeper? There are several apps in BBW which can even store the encrypted passwords in the cloud and allow you to use the same passwords in your browsers.
    The advantage over those apps is that the information is never being sent to a third party. It stays on your phone, and in a secured backup of your data on BlackBerry's servers for BlackBerry Protect. The browser itself is usually pretty good about saving passwords, though I only save passwords for anything that doesn't have access to my money or full identity.
    jegs2 likes this.
    05-07-13 11:08 AM
    Except that, if I'm not mistaken, Protect doesn't backup data on BB10 any more, so it's really a local safe for a couple of passwords that you want to copy and paste and absolutely don't want to be stored anywhere else. It does seem to make sense for banking apps and other sensitive information.
    It's just that with apps like Lastpass, I don't really see the point in using something which only works on one platform and doesn't even seem to be capable of populating fields in other apps like the browser which has a separate vault.
    05-07-13 11:16 AM
    Foolishly, I did not write my passwords on paper!! When it asks for my password to import from other device it tells me incorrect password.

I know the password is correct, thought i would try on y previous torch but it gives me same message.

Anyone.....
    I'm going to say that if the password you know is correct is not working on your old device, then the password is not correct. Not really sure what else to tell you, sorry

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 08:32 PM
    Password keeper has never been a core app, it has always been an additional first party app just like bridge or travel, but for the record it shows up here just fine.
    BlackBerry Password Keeper is a core application in the sense it is essential.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    jegs2 likes this.
    05-07-13 09:17 PM
    Go to Blackberry World and upload it. Everything gets carried over from your last blackberry so no need to re-enter it manually.
    05-07-13 09:49 PM
    Password Keeper is one of the few applications I use constantly on my 9930.

And no, I don't want my passwords being stored somewhere in the cloud. I want them only on my phone, and backed up to my computer.
    05-07-13 10:59 PM
    Password Keeper is absolutely a CORE App - it should be already ON THE PHONE....
    ...Anyone who has used a blackberry for more than just making calls should know that.
    05-08-13 12:07 AM
    It does feel slightly rushed I agree. But it's exciting being in at the beginning and I'm impressed with how BlackBerry have listened to the feedback from the Z10 and made changes - fast (phone in Bedside Mode, keep emails Forever, more notification options etc)

So here's hoping the same will happen with Password Keeper and it will be back soon.
    Listened to users who want the features found on legacy devices? Users should have never had to ask for them in the first place.
    05-09-13 11:34 PM
    Thanks to this thread. I was a bit worried on entering each of my account and password on a different application.
    09-18-14 01:36 AM
    09-18-14 02:05 AM
45 12