09-18-14 02:05 AM
45 12
tools
    Like the Z10 there is no native Password Keeper installed on the Q10. But while there it is available for the Z in BlackBerry World, there's nothing for the Q. (There are are password apps but they would require all the data to be manually entered while with the native app it can be restored from an OS7 backup)

Is the native version on its way via BlackBerry World does anyone know.
    04-30-13 04:26 PM
    I can only guess, but I would that yes, Password Keeper should be making its way shortly to the Q10 via BlackBerry World.
    04-30-13 04:30 PM
    I believe it will be available soon,,,

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 04:43 PM
    The BlackBerry password keeper app is already there, I installed it on my Dev Alpha C last week...

... weird, I just went into BlackBerry World to see about grabbing a link for you guys to see it at 'unavailable for this device'. Was it pulled for some reason? I can't think why as it's been running great on my device and all my data transferred over from my OS7 device great.

Posted from my Dev Alpha C using CB10
    04-30-13 05:43 PM
    The BlackBerry password keeper app is already there, I installed it on my Dev Alpha C last week...

... weird, I just went into BlackBerry World to see about grabbing a link for you guys to see it at 'unavailable for this device'. Was it pulled for some reason? I can't think why as it's been running great on my device and all my data transferred over from my OS7 device great.

Posted from my Dev Alpha C using CB10
    This is not good news. I was surprised it wasn't there ahead of the release of the Q as it's such a core app that has been on BlackBerry devices for years. When it wasn't I expected it to appear within days. Given what you say I'm now not so sure.

Thanks for trying for find it. Appreciated.
    04-30-13 05:55 PM
    Password keeper has never been a core app, it has always been an additional first party app just like bridge or travel, but for the record it shows up here just fine.
    04-30-13 07:42 PM
    Password keeper has never been a core app, it has always been an additional first party app just like bridge or travel, but for the record it shows up here just fine.
    Could you please open the listing for Password Keeper in BB World and take a screenshot?
    04-30-13 07:54 PM
    This is troubling.
    04-30-13 11:17 PM
    When you remake an OS, customers expect certain things there, like password keeper or bb protect.

Imagine the outrage if iphone 6 lacked copy and paste, and you had to get an app for that? Or if the S4 lacked a media player?
    phylez and eldricho like this.
    04-30-13 11:37 PM
    Password keeper was one of the main reasons I switched back to blackberry. They are lucky they had it on the z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 11:38 PM
    When you remake an OS, customers expect certain things there, like password keeper or bb protect.

Imagine the outrage if iphone 6 lacked copy and paste, and you had to get an app for that? Or if the S4 lacked a media player?
    This is my biggest problem with BB10. Feels rushed. Avoiding another delay was more important to them I guess. There are many legacy features that were not included... Said features being the reason a lot of us stuck with the phone rather than leaving.
    05-01-13 02:34 AM
    Don't panic. Password Keeper may not be a "core" app, but it's a popular one and I'd assume it's only being held up by a minor glitch. It works great on the Z10. Take a deep breath and wait a day or two.
    05-01-13 02:38 AM
    Personally I would not worry, it is a BlackBerry app and is parented to come, they may have discovered a bug or vulnerability and have had to pull it temporarily. No more than a week and it will be back.
    05-01-13 03:02 AM
    Don't panic. Password Keeper may not be a "core" app, but it's a popular one and I'd assume it's only being held up by a minor glitch. It works great on the Z10. Take a deep breath and wait a day or two.
    Personally I would not worry, it is a BlackBerry app and is parented to come, they may have discovered a bug or vulnerability and have had to pull it temporarily. No more than a week and it will be back.
    Perhaps, I just feel that these sorts of things should be ironed out before release. BB doesn't have the customer base to make people wait for common or expected features to arrive. As an early PlayBook adopter, I'm still waiting for Skype on my PB... You know, as it was advertised in the flyers shortly before release... Yep, still waiting.
    05-01-13 03:12 AM
    This is my biggest problem with BB10. Feels rushed. Avoiding another delay was more important to them I guess. There are many legacy features that were not included... Said features being the reason a lot of us stuck with the phone rather than leaving.
    It does feel slightly rushed I agree. But it's exciting being in at the beginning and I'm impressed with how BlackBerry have listened to the feedback from the Z10 and made changes - fast (phone in Bedside Mode, keep emails Forever, more notification options etc)

So here's hoping the same will happen with Password Keeper and it will be back soon.
    05-01-13 03:45 AM
    That is NOT correct. Password keeper was on even the most early Blackberry units. Even my old 7520 Nextel had this indispensable software as part of the core OS. It was not fancy but it got the job done.
    05-01-13 04:54 AM
    Wrong.....Password Keeper is a core app and came pre-installed on every BlackBerry I've owned except for the PB.
    05-01-13 07:15 AM
    I hope so. I do need it.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 07:25 AM
    I hope so. I do need it.

Posted via CB10
    You getting/got a Q10 now too?

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-01-13 04:07 PM
    You getting/got a Q10 now too?

This is how you CB10, son!
    OF COURSE I'm getting a Q10!!!!! I'm a BlackBerry fangirl again thanks to the Z10!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:45 PM
    Password Keeper for the Q10 has now appeared in BlackBerry World.
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-01-13 05:56 PM
    So now how to restore just the Password Keeper data from my 9900 when I only have a Mac. As far as I know it's all or nothing. Any ideas?
    05-01-13 05:59 PM
    Ya relax everyone, password keeper is in App world

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-01-13 06:04 PM
    So now how to restore just the Password Keeper data from my 9900 when I only have a Mac. As far as I know it's all or nothing. Any ideas?
    I can research the Mac thing.... But maybe just maybe borrow a PC for a bit?
    05-01-13 11:54 PM
    Password keeper is now available in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 12:23 AM
45 12