Hey, everyone! This is my first time asking for help in the forums. I hope someone knows how to solve this problem:

I'm in Spain, using my Verizon Q10 (unlocked) on the Tuenti network -- a well-known discount mobile service that runs on Movistar / Telefonica towers.

For two months, things have been working great: 3G service everywhere, great call quality and battery life. But after jumping on the OS update yesterday, I haven't gotten internet on my phone through Tuenti. It's 3g voice only -- not 3G anymore. That means no email, browsing or BBM out of Wi-Fi.

Is there something I can do to get that running normally again? I have checked the APN settings and they are the same as before.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    tex3523 likes this.
    03-19-14 02:33 PM
    backup, then do a factory reset
    03-19-14 02:54 PM
    I was afraid of that. Would it make any difference if I took the SIM card out while doing the reset?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 04:51 PM
    Just finished reloading OS and still no luck. Just voice service -- no data. I've contacted their support, but it's far less customer friendly here than in the U.S. Hopefully they will figure something out. My Verizon SIM works fine in the device. Maybe it's just a problem with my account or my SIM.

Any other ideas?
    03-19-14 06:59 PM
    When you say you restored the OS did you do a security wipe? Setting, security and privacy, security wipe.

I would try that if it wasn't performed. Be sure to perform a back up over link first. It may take 2 to 3 hours to perform the wipe depending on what you have loaded.

It will reset your phone like brand new, but the 10.2.1 OS will still be there.

Try data before re loading your back up. If it works then restore from back up and try again. If it doesn't work then you will have to set up your phone from scratch after a second security wipe.

Before doing all this you may want to wait to hear from your carrier to see if they can do something quicker.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    03-19-14 11:58 PM
    When you say you restored the OS did you do a security wipe? Setting, security and privacy, security wipe.

I would try that if it wasn't performed. Be sure to perform a back up over link first. It may take 2 to 3 hours to perform the wipe depending on what you have loaded.

It will reset your phone like brand new, but the 10.2.1 OS will still be there.

Try data before re loading your back up. If it works then restore from back up and try again. If it doesn't work then you will have to set up your phone from scratch after a second security wipe.

Before doing all this you may want to wait to hear from your carrier to see if they can do something quicker.

very good suggestion. Try the data/internet before loading your backup. maybe your backup has some wrong settings
    03-20-14 09:56 AM
    After lots of checking the APN settings, the only thing Tuenti support could tell me to do, I switched to Vodafone. The Q10 took a while to boot up, which scared me, but now my internet is working just fine! And the OS is smoother than butter!!

Posted via CB10
    tex3523 and BullGuard8 like this.
    03-20-14 03:04 PM
    Glad you got it working.

03-20-14 06:47 PM