The way I use my blackberry, I keep my headphones plugged in, but not necessarily in my ears. If the phone rings, I'll put in an earbud and take the call. I've done this for many years, with different blackberry's since 2006. With the Q10 for the first time I'm having a problem with message notification...seems that as long as the headphones are plugged in, message notification does not sound on the phone loudspeaker, only through the headphones. So now I'm missing a lot of messages. Anyone know of a way to fix this? I find the notifications on this OS is very limited in the way of customization. It hurts me to say it seems like BlackBerry is trying to emulate apple and dumb down the phone to please the simple-minded. I hope someone here can prove me wrong on this.
    07-24-13 10:54 AM
    I use my z at the gym and have it set to Normal; the notifications do come through when Im listening to music but from what you wrote, it seems as if you have the headphones plugged in but choose not keep them in your ear?
    07-24-13 11:23 AM
    I use my z at the gym and have it set to Normal; the notifications do come through when Im listening to music but from what you wrote, it seems as if you have the headphones plugged in but choose not keep them in your ear?
    Yes that's exactly the issue...the notifications are only playing in the headphones...but with the headphones in my shirt pocket it's no good. With all my previous Bold and Curve models, the notifications were played on device speaker regardless of whether the headphones were plugged in. I'm not totally sure, but this may have been customizable in the 7 OS
    07-24-13 07:10 PM
    I also keep my headphones plugged in while working but don't always have them in my ears - when they're plugged in the notifications only sound in the headphones and I can't hear them (this was never the case with my old blackberry) is there somewhere you can reset for notifications to sound from the phone even when earphones are plugged in?
    Thanks
    07-25-13 02:23 PM
    anyone found a solution to this yet? im having a similar issue
    02-24-15 03:42 PM
    anyone found a solution to this yet? im having a similar issue
    I'm not sure what your problem is. Notifications are played on the phone speaker regardless of whether your headphones is plugged in or not. You would like to change this behaviour ?
    02-24-15 06:13 PM
    I'm not sure what your problem is. Notifications are played on the phone speaker regardless of whether your headphones is plugged in or not. You would like to change this behaviour ?
    actually im experiencing the notifications, at least the msg notifications are only coming through the headphones, i want them to come from the phone speakers
    02-25-15 01:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem. with the headphones plugged in, I don't hear notification sounds through my speakers on my Q10. I think this behavior changed with the latest update - and I'm incredibly unhappy about it.
    04-02-15 12:27 PM
    I'm having the same problem. with the headphones plugged in, I don't hear notification sounds through my speakers on my Q10. I think this behavior changed with the latest update - and I'm incredibly unhappy about it.
    I mean... it's not like it doesn't make sense... if they switched it, there would be more people complaining about not hearing the notifications through the headphones....
    04-02-15 01:46 PM
    For what it is worth, ever since I moved to the Q10, I thought NOT hearing the notifications on the speaker, NOT the headphones, was normal.

Surprise, surprise. According to what Joshu noted this is abnormal.

Will have to play around as I remember when I did a long time past, I could not find a solution. Mind you, I have NEVER had a flash for the Q10's. As I don't often use the camera at night or dark locations, I have never really searched for a solution. But like the speaker issue, it has happened on multiple Q's.
    04-03-15 10:36 AM
    I've noticed this issue with headphones attached as well. I would prefer to have it play my notification sound on headphones and the speaker when on the normal profile. I'm not sure, but it might even disable the vibe when the 'phones are plugged in too. Ideally we should have the option to disable external sounds when the 'phones are plugged in - or at least allow a silent/vibe profile to disable speaker sounds and put everything over the headphones.

I still want the ringer and notifications over the speakers because I like to keep the headphones ready but not in my ears when I'm driving. My older Nokia phones did it like this and it worked well.
    04-03-15 11:03 AM
    Yes, choice is important. I understand if someone is in a meeting or lecture, and for some reason has their headphones plugged in, it'd be prudent to have sounds come through the headphones. But one should be able to change this, there should be a profile option.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 04:43 AM