I know I'm in lte zone but have not experienced it or at least not visually. I was doing some Google reading and got a thought, if they just put my sim card in my phone from my old 9900 (cut it down)would that be associated with only the H+ network. Maybe easier to call virgin mobile but here I am. I don't find this slow just would like to know if it's all I get.

OK answered it. Yes sim card needs changing.
    10.2 leaked
    Last edited by RegN; 11-05-13 at 03:04 PM.
    11-05-13 02:46 PM
    OK answered it. Yes sim card needs changing.
    I've been through the very same situation. Silly stuff, but it happens.
    11-05-13 10:28 PM
    I'm on Vodafone UK and have never seen 4G on my Q10.

Parts of my town have Vodafone 4G and I've even been in London where black cabs drive past plastered in Vodafone 4G adverts and still nothing.

I got my sim before Vodafone offered 4G. Does that mean that I need a 4G sim card ?

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-10-13 07:34 PM
    Yes I believe so. I called and they told me to go grab a new sim. I won't be home till Wednesday to find out but sounds right.

10.2 working well
    Ben1232 likes this.
    11-10-13 07:42 PM
    Yes, you need a LTE compatible SIM card in order to get LTE (4G).

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    11-10-13 07:44 PM
    I'm on Vodafone UK and have never seen 4G on my Q10.

Parts of my town have Vodafone 4G and I've even been in London where black cabs drive past plastered in Vodafone 4G adverts and still nothing.

I got my sim before Vodafone offered 4G. Does that mean that I need a 4G sim card ?

Posted via my CB Q10
    That's what happened for me and the OP. May be the same for you. Also, if you're still on BIS, I doubt 4G will ever work, no matter the SIM card you have.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    11-10-13 07:53 PM
    Damn!!! It's nice of them to tell me hey.

I've had several conversations face to face with some Vodafone plonkers aswell as on the phone and none have said anything to me about a 4G specific sim card.

So I've been old schooling it on 3.5G whilst everyone else has been on 4G.

I'll speak to Vodafone at day break !

Cheers

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-10-13 07:59 PM
    That's what happened for me and the OP. May be the same for you. Also, if you're still on BIS, I doubt 4G will ever work, no matter the SIM card you have.
    When I got this sim for BlackBerry10 they said I have a generic data package plus he also added BIS for BBM. BlackBerry10 works without BIS so I wondered why he added it.

Why do you have BIS. Maybe you can shed some light.

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-10-13 08:04 PM
    I believe you need bis for os7 and older devices to have data.

10.2 working well
    11-10-13 08:11 PM

10.2 working well
    Yeah that's what I said to the Vodafone guy. He said I need BIS just for the BB10 BBM :s

Vodafone have already told me that I won't be charged for 4G because of my specific contract so...

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-10-13 08:20 PM

10.2 working well
    You need BIS for OS 7.1 and older devices to work at all if you want anything data.

When I got this sim for BlackBerry10 they said I have a generic data package plus he also added BIS for BBM. BlackBerry10 works without BIS so I wondered why he added it.

Why do you have BIS. Maybe you can shed some light.

Posted via my CB Q10
    Goes to show how much you can trust them, eh? Call and politely ask them to remove BIS and refund you since you haven't been using it.

I don't have BIS. Anyone using BIS on a BB10 device is either doing it on a country where BIS still means unlimited data and 4G is a no go or .... is... mad?

PS: If for whatever reason you can't get BIS off it, hang up, call again and tell the new person that answers you just got a new iPhone5 and have no use for BIS anymore.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    11-10-13 08:31 PM
    Ah this happened to me too I didn't know I need to have the LTE compatible card. Good thing I got my LTE sim in a jiffy

Posted via amazing Q10
    11-10-13 09:53 PM
    I telephoned Vodafone this morning, asked how do I get my 4G, do I need a new sim?

They said that's ok we can increase your price plan...I said Woaahhh hold your horses pal, I wasn't paying as many advisors have told me that I'd get it for free.

Anyway, four people later with them trying to blag or pass me off to someone else (the point of sale store) the manager went off to check my previous call notes...

He called back and soon (later today) I'll have my 4G, increased data from 1Gb to 6Gb !!! With Spotify and all for free and rightly so.

There were many times from the four people I spoke to where others would've given up but be persistent as long as you know you're right.

Also, at the beginning of the call man #1 asked me which phone I have. I said a BlackBerry Z10 (as it's the phone I bought with their sim card, I'm using a Q10 however). He said "BlackBerry Z10's don't have 4G" this riled me but I politely said Yes they do. He said ok I will go off to check "for my own future knowledge" he came back and said No they don't. Gggrrrrrr!!! He came round in the end.

Oh and the second person said BlackBerry don't do a 4G BlackBerry plan so I had to explain to her BlackBerry10 doesn't need BIS bla bla.....

My bad about my novel but overall I'm glad.

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-11-13 07:08 AM
    Sounds like you got a good plan and your lte all sorted out. Do you notice browser is fast on 4g?

10.2 working well
    11-11-13 09:17 AM
    Sounds like you got a good plan and your lte all sorted out. Do you notice browser is fast on 4g?

10.2 working well
    4G / LTE hasn't come to my town yet !

...LOL, it has in some parts so I'll see tomorrow as my 4G is being activated at midnight GMT

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-11-13 09:37 AM
    A friend told me that my Z10 isn't 4G ready as it's an STL1

I haven't got the phone to hand right now but if that's the case...

No lte or 4g only H-img_00001266.jpg

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-11-13 02:31 PM
    You need BIS for OS 7.1 and older devices to work at all if you want anything data.

Goes to show how much you can trust them, eh? Call and politely ask them to remove BIS and refund you since you haven't been using it.

I don't have BIS. Anyone using BIS on a BB10 device is either doing it on a country where BIS still means unlimited data and 4G is a no go or .... is... mad?

PS: If for whatever reason you can't get BIS off it, hang up, call again and tell the new person that answers you just got a new iPhone5 and have no use for BIS anymore.
    Right and wrong. You need BlackBerry data provisioning (my carrier, Bell, calls it "RIM provisioning" ) in order to use BBM. All other data no longer requires BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). This does not vary by carrier. BBM requires RIM provisioning so that data from your handset's PIN can be transported securely over the BlackBerry NOC.

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    11-11-13 04:20 PM
    Still don't think it is a paid for service as all platforms have access now. Either way still need the correct sim card to have access to lte.

10.2 working well
    11-11-13 04:36 PM
    Still don't think it is a paid for service as all platforms have access now. Either way still need the correct sim card to have access to lte.

10.2 working well
    I asked the manager if I needed a new sim card. He didn't think so but we'll see.

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-11-13 04:42 PM
    I didn't need a new sim card. Since midnight I've now had 4G.

As I've said elsewhere, it's terribly fast. Having never used 4G before I was surprised at how fast it is, I'm getting a max of 3/4 signal bars.

It's apparent that its faster than fibre optic broadband I use which is saying something !

I have 6Gb per month until January 2015 which is great & I'm interested in seeing how much data I get through on a monthly basis.

I also got a free premium Spotify subscription. It seems we don't have that app, does a Spotify sideload work for anyone?

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-12-13 05:59 AM
    ^^^^^^
    Awesome! Thanks for reporting back! Here in Canada, Bell issues LTE SIMs, presumably because their ICCID is keyed to the 4G network. That said, it wasn't extra cost.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 10:49 AM
    ^^^^^^
    Awesome! Thanks for reporting back! Here in Canada, Bell issues LTE SIMs, presumably because their ICCID is keyed to the 4G network. That said, it wasn't extra cost.

Posted via CB10
    I've heard it costs a huge �15 extra per month to go from a 3G plan to 4G on Vodafone so I am fortunate.

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-12-13 10:58 AM
    Not many tech support and customer support knows about BlackBerry 10. It took me two days back and forth with different people. I felt like I'm the one teaching them. I decided to go to the shop and ask personally funny they dunno where to find the settings and dunno how to unlock the phone har har. They all know iphone and samsung but not the new blackberry.

Posted via the Amazing Q10
    11-21-13 01:47 AM
    Not many tech support and customer support knows about BlackBerry 10. It took me two days back and forth with different people. I felt like I'm the one teaching them. I decided to go to the shop and ask personally funny they dunno where to find the settings and dunno how to unlock the phone har har. They all know iphone and samsung but not the new blackberry.

Posted via the Amazing Q10
    I asked in a shop to see the Z30, he went on to show me a Sony Z1 or something. Mental.

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-21-13 05:14 AM
    Check with your carrier if your sim card is ready for 4G.
    That happens to me and with only 5? get one new.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 07:55 AM
27 12