Hi, my Q10 no longer makes a sound when an email comes in. It used to. It does for txts and calls but not for emails. I read somewhere that you can hit the 3 dots at the lower right to open a menu, then press refresh (which works) but I should not have to do that. Any ideas? The settings haven't been changed. Thanks.
    07-02-13 07:05 PM
    Settings->notifications. The sound toggle turns itself off for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 07:18 PM
    There is another place to change notifications that might help you, just do a search inside your actual email settings, forget where it is exactly but found it once while searching the phone

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    07-02-13 07:20 PM
    OK I tried all of those things and the sound was not turned off for emails. I've since noticed, by sending myself an email from another account, that emails are not coming right away. The last one I sent myself took 20 minutes to appear (and it did not make a sound). I am on Verizon, use the BB personally, no work email or any of that.
    davisville likes this.
    07-02-13 08:28 PM
    I have two Q10s. Yesterday, I installed a software upgrade on one and it no longer provides email alerts. In fact in the area where you set the notifications there is no listing for "emails."

In my second Q10 which I did not upgrade the software, "email" is still listed in the notifications area.

The software release to which I refer is 10.1.0.2030 ver. 10.1.0.2121

I am on the phone right now with a Blackberry Tech explaining the problem. Obviously, I am the first to report the issue.

Blackberry is upgrading one of their Q10s with the new software to see if they get the same results. They will call me back to report at 5:20 PM CDT.

SOLUTION: Backup Q10 and then reload the software and then restore data. It takes over an hour, but it works.
    Last edited by CBForgot; 07-03-13 at 08:14 PM. Reason: update
    07-03-13 03:13 PM
    Since updating to 10.3.1, I have not been able to receive tones when I get emails or texts. I a, set to Normal Notifications. I get the vibrations, but no audio tone. Any suggestions?
    davisville likes this.
    04-07-15 05:02 PM
    Why would BlackBerry remove such crucial features?

or is this a bug?
    04-09-15 09:59 AM
    They really need to get these updates right. So many issue for so many people and all over the place.
    04-09-15 10:13 AM
    I was like u, no sound for emails but I solve it!
    You just go to the led notification and open emails
    You will see the sound is off

No email notification on Q10-img_20150409_182636.png
    Just turn it on and done.
    I'm running on 10.3.1.1865

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 10:30 AM
    I had the exact same problem. Tried restart, battery pull and even a total security wipe ... nothing fixed the problem. See the email notifications with a star beside the icon, but no LED or sound, even though all of the settings are correct.

I was finally able to fix the problem by rearranging the order of the items in the Quick Settings menu. For some reason, the order got changed and I guess that messed it up. To do this, just:

1) Swipe down from the top
    2) Settings > Quick Settings > Rearrange (on bottom line)
    3) Move the Notifications icon to the spot second from the top, just under the top icon (Mobile Network)

As soon as I did this, my email notifications worked perfectly again. I have spent hours and hours to correct this issue, but at least it finally works.
    04-28-15 11:49 AM
    hi , i did exactly what u did , but it didnt work , so if you could help me or anybody could help me to solve this problem , id apreciate it
    05-09-15 05:22 PM
    Go to clock icon. Swipe down to get Bedside setting. Toggle it on and then off. (Of course if it is already on, just toggle to off.)
    08-08-15 06:40 PM
    I wasn't getting email notifications by sound or vibration after the new software. I tried to change it over and over and could never figure it out. Then I found this thread which didn't help. So I kept looking and looking. Then I started a new sound profile and it let me change all the setting for email and text. I was also able to remove the notifications that there are new listings on Craigslist... Finally. IDK if I could have just changed the stock profile but I don't think so because I could only get this to work.
    09-20-15 01:29 AM
    I had the exact same problem. Tried restart, battery pull and even a total security wipe ... nothing fixed the problem. See the email notifications with a star beside the icon, but no LED or sound, even though all of the settings are correct.

I was finally able to fix the problem by rearranging the order of the items in the Quick Settings menu. For some reason, the order got changed and I guess that messed it up. To do this, just:

1) Swipe down from the top
    2) Settings > Quick Settings > Rearrange (on bottom line)
    3) Move the Notifications icon to the spot second from the top, just under the top icon (Mobile Network)

As soon as I did this, my email notifications worked perfectly again. I have spent hours and hours to correct this issue, but at least it finally works.
    By re-arrange this, my Gmail is getting the sound notification BUT unfortunately my work email is not getting it. Any idea why. BTW in on OS version 10.3.3.3216

Any version that is working ?
    Last edited by olygopoly; 06-02-18 at 01:19 PM.
    06-02-18 12:06 PM