I am staying with BlackBerry because I need the productivity but a major issue has occurred with the recent update. For my wifi I used to get a lot of alerts saying wifi connection is limited but with the last OS update those have stopped. But now, email does not always work on wifi. I can be emailing for hours with no problem then emails just stop. Once I turn off wifi so the cell network takes over then all my emails come into the hub. So somehow wifi connection is causing this. If I let my BlackBerry sit while connected to wifi, within 4-6 hours this always occurs. So with a blackberry I am fearful that I may not realize that I am not getting emails and can't rely on the device - kind of like playbook with emil! Wifi on Q10 is the worst I have ever experienced. Are there any fixes?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 08:21 PM
    I've had this happen a few times - but only when running a leaked OS. Never with the latest carrier/BlackBerry approved OS.

When you say update, I assume you mean your latest carrier official build? Have you ever loaded a custom OS/leak to your phone, or sideload any custom BAR files? What's your current OS? (Settings > About > Select OS/Operating System)
    05-15-14 08:56 AM
    Do you have the Push option on? I stated a similar problem here but haven't found a solution or workaround, yet. What is your OS version?
    05-15-14 09:04 AM
    I've never installed a leaked os - only ever upgraded when Bell released. I have 10.2.1.2102. I connect to the exchange server through active sync. If I never turn on wifi, emails come through. If I turn on wifi, within a matter of hours, something happens to the connection and emails stop and only come through once I turn off wifi.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 09:18 PM
    This happens to me ALL THE TIME! So annoying! As soon as I leave my house (and my Wi-Fi connection) the emails start flowing in. It's not literally all the time, but it's quite frequent. I've never installed a leak, and it's occurred on more than just the current firmware.
    05-16-14 12:36 AM
    I have also 2102 but I found my BB switching correctly to wifi and back. This has no impact on my mail receipt. I get my mail very soon also on wifi. But I switch explicitly and manually, not by leaving the house.
    05-16-14 01:08 AM
    This is not an issue that only affects leaked OS versions.

In fact there are tons of threads on this here already. Please see the main one for better information, instead of starting over from scratch again:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-error-909783/

If you want to cut to the chase, please see my posts in the last couple of pages of that thread.

Short version: the link checking mechanism in BB10 was apparently changed in recent builds of OS 10.2.1 and above, which is what is causing this, especially when there are issues routing traffic from the WiFi network you are connected-to and BlackBerry's network in Canada.
    05-16-14 01:47 AM
    Started reading through several pages - still not sure if there is a fix. Is there an exact post to look at?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 09:00 PM
    Started reading through several pages - still not sure if there is a fix. Is there an exact post to look at?

If you're referring to the "Limited Connectivity" issue that the other thread I linked is about, it appears to be a bug of some kind that shows up for certain users in certain conditions.

In some cases, it's a valid message - ie if your hotspot/router is not working properly or the internet provider it is linked to is having routing issues, it's a valuable warning.

The problem seems to be when it has started to appear when in fact things are not broken, but because the OS acts differently after determining the internet link is "broken", it actually causes a new problem.

The usual workaround to get WiFi working again is either turn off cellular data temporarily, or sometimes turning it off then turning it back on works too.

We are trying to get BlackBerry to work on addressing the issue, if you look at the last 2-3 pages of the other discussion you can see some suggestions on how you can contribute to that troubleshooting.
    05-17-14 01:43 AM
    With the recent updates to the OS this is still happening. If I am on wifi at some point (probably within 2-5 hours) my email stops and only once I disconnect from wifi I get all my emails in. It's such a failure.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 06:42 PM