Hi!

In previous BB versions one can add a New Appointment, a New Alarm (that one with only the bell in your calendar) or a New Task to the calendar. I want to add a new alarm to my calendar on my Q10 (NOT an appointment, just an alarm to remind that I've to view a TV program or I have to call someone for example), there's only one option: a new appointment. Is that a lack of this calendar version or do I overlook this?

Thank you!
    06-25-13 03:37 PM
    Hi MarcelQ10,

At the moment this feature is not available, but it is returning in OS 10.2

Once 10.2 is installed on your Q10, you will be able to create multiple alarms which can be set to go off once, or reoccurring, and they will show up in your calendar with just the little alarm icon and the word 'alarm'. Tasks are now handled through the remember app.
    06-25-13 03:57 PM
    Thank you! Glad to hear it's coming back. Is there already a release date known for this update?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:00 PM
    Not yet, it's been released in beta for developers to get their apps ready, and many are loading leaked versions of it. (You can head over to the beta Os forum if you're into that sort of thing!) otherwise probably a couple of months depending on who your carrier is.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:21 PM
    I've seen screen grabs of the new alarm in the clock function. Do you know if those alarms will be set for specific dates or just according to days of the week?
    Also, will the functions in the calendar change to add new alarms or will it just be in clock?
    07-11-13 02:03 PM
    hi Luc, the lack of calendar alarms in Q10 made me revert to the 9900. Would you know whether after 10.2 they can be created from the Calendar like the 9900 and not just from the Alarm app? And that your enter the description you want - your comment "they will show up in your calendar with just the little alarm icon and the word 'alarm'. confused me! thanks

Hi MarcelQ10,

At the moment this feature is not available, but it is returning in OS 10.2

Once 10.2 is installed on your Q10, you will be able to create multiple alarms which can be set to go off once, or reoccurring, and they will show up in your calendar with just the little alarm icon and the word 'alarm'. Tasks are now handled through the remember app.
    08-11-13 05:02 AM