Guys and girls, I am using NFC tags for some simple functions to simplify my working life even more. So now i've got a tag for connecting my Q10 to my bluetooth headset, one to start up my vodafone app showing me my usage and one to connect to my wifi network. Does anyone have any more ideas to use the tags? I am trying to program a tag which would allow me to switch to my home wifi network whilst switching my 4G connection down to 2G,but I don't know how.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 03:35 PM
    Does anyone have any more ideas to use the tags? I am trying to program a tag which would allow me to switch to my home wifi network whilst switching my 4G connection down to 2G,but I don't know how.
    With Smart Tags, "Connect to a specific Wi-Fi network" can only find itself on one tag. But, if you ordered your list of Saved network you can use the Wi-Fi turn On under Smart Triggers. And add another setting on the tag.
    There is no Smart Triggers for Network Mode though...

I have one near my exit door that does the following actions :
    NFC users anyone-img_20141020_220259.png
    The "turn on/off" are toggle ones. So I can get the settings reverse when I returned home.
    10-20-14 04:08 PM
    I use mine to connect to car stereo and Wifi at home. Kids too.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-20-14 08:50 PM
    I use Tagz smart tags, which I ordered from Crackberry.

I so far have one labelled 'To Car' which sets wi-fi off, Bluetooth on, and opens Navfree. I have another, 'To House', which sets wi-fi on, Bluetooth off.

I use the BlackBerry Smart Tags app, and Tago, which both work with the Tagz brand (none of the Android apps seem to recognize the NFC function). However, there don't yet seem to be any complete solutions:

Smart Tags
    - Apparently no longer supported for the Q10, though if like me you already have a copy it still works.
    - @blackberryhelp seems to have no clue why it is not supported.
    - No recent updates or improvements.
    - Programs and acts on the tags well, but the function to save the basic tag file, which is needed to add additional functions to the tag, rarely if ever works on either my Q10 or Z30.
    - Cannot add multiple tasks of the same type to the tag, e.g. if I use 'open application' to launch Navfree, the 'open application' function option disappears.

Tago
    - Only 2 tag types can be created with the free 'lite' version, but it gives a good idea of what the app is capable of before purchase.
    - Multiple copies of the same function can be added to the tag
    - Doesn't seem to include the ability to launch apps
    - Doesn't seem to allow setting to a definite state like 'wi-fi on' or 'Bluetooth off', but instead opens the setup page and waits for your input.
    - When launch setups, it is an iterative function rather than a simple 'Tago is going to turn on Bluetooth, turn off wi-fi. Confirm'. Instead, it opens settings, and waits for you to tap on or off and then close, and then it launches the next setting.

The power of NFC using tags has huge potential in BlackBerry 10, but so far noone seems to have implemented a full solution. I, for one, would be happy to part with money for a well-designed app. I wish my coding skills were better

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    p1800nut and hlg8888 like this.
    10-22-14 12:16 PM
    Is there a way of doing a smart trigger and send a text at the same time?
    I want to be able to walk in and have WiFi turned on and also send a text to IFTTT to have my Philips Hue light turn on

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 06:55 AM
    Not right now... I'm eager to see this feature in a next version of Smart Tags
    10-27-14 07:14 AM
    I am in love with NFC tags...

In the car: connecting to the Bluetooth, whenever I upgrade OS or change phones. One is built in to the console, which have URL to Google docs sheet, where I enter all petrol purchases and car related cost ( tired of shifty fuel apps? Just create Google Form and NFC link to it... )

3 separate Bluetooth speakers are now NFC enabled . New phone or any of the family members can just tap and connect... If I could only make PlayBook NFC capable. BlackBerry Music Gateway don't need separate tag, already equipped

PC At work and home have tags ( easier to do simple file transfers... Just tap and send...)

One tag is on the key holder, with label "tap for address details", so if I ever misplace my keys, hopefully someone with some brain and NFC will be able to send me an email or call me..

One tag at work to send messages home when leaving..

Few to open specific apps( example is Unified Remote, so as I place my phone on the rest, it open app, then app send WOL to PC which automatically start Media Player...)

Few tags with WiFi credentials (as it is boring to enter details every time I flash phone with the newest leak ( always wipe and clean install, no restore!))

Cheers
    10-27-14 08:03 AM
    I want to be able to walk in and have WiFi turned on and also send a text to IFTTT to have my Philips Hue light turn on

Posted via CB10
    Yes, both Smart Tags and Tago will easily allow this.

10-27-14 10:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    I should add a little qualifier for Smart Tags. Yes, you can easily set up one or more smart triggers, save the tag, and then add functions like text or email or tweet, etc to that tag...IF you can get the tag to save in the first place.

Unfortunately, mine only occasionally will save to 'favourites' and I'm unsure of the reason. Write to tag: fine. Save a tag: problem.

Tago works, though.

10-27-14 10:24 AM