I know this technology has been around for awhile, but i just started looking into it and checking it put with my Q10. looking to see what kind of tags to get and what program is best for writing different tasks to the actual tag. I was just curious what are some of the tags you folks use on an every day basis or just an every once in while.
    06-24-13 02:29 PM
    To use the tags I bought off Amazon (Mifare Ultralight) and use the Shortcut Me app, for things like turning my profile to "calls only" when I go into work, and turning on and off my wifi. Yeah, I can do it just as easily on the screen, but this was a little more fun, and soon I'll move on to more interesting things.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    06-24-13 02:36 PM
    I basically know nothing about NFC...so you have to buy tags? and you can get them from Amazon, is that right?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 05:50 AM
    I know this technology has been around for awhile, but i just started looking into it and checking it put with my Q10. looking to see what kind of tags to get and what program is best for writing different tasks to the actual tag. I was just curious what are some of the tags you folks use on an every day basis or just an every once in while.
    BlackBerry supports any standard NFC Forum tag type. (tag type 1, 2,3, and 4).

Mifare Classic is NOT standard and therefore not supported by BlackBerry. So AVOID buying Mifare Classic tags.

Mifare Ultralight and Mifare Ultralight C (more memory), are standard and cheap. So, get some of those tags. I suggest buying Mifare Ultralight C because it has more memory than Mifare Ultralight, more memory is something you need if you want to write long Web page URLs.

Standard NFC app is Smart Tags which is installed on all BBs.
    It can program and use tags for single actions like calling a number, sending sms/email, opening a web page, storing text.

Get the tags and use Smart Tags app to play with the tags.

If you find it interesting and you want to do more with tags, then take a look at the app descriptions for MyProfilesPro, ShortcutMe, and EmailForGoogleGmail apps (see my signature or search for those apps in BlackBerry World) .
    para4175 likes this.
    07-12-13 07:25 AM
    I used NFC to add my friends z10 to my bbm list.. other than that i haven't used it sadly but I'm interested to see what others are doing with the tags

Thumbly posted from my Q10
    07-12-13 08:28 AM