Hi,
    Today I tried something. I switched on NFC on my q10 then I hold my entry card near the BlackBerry and the BlackBerry recognized the card, but a message poped up that the tag is not recognized.
    I went to the reception and asked somebody to take my q10 and to make a new entry card on the q10. But the system don't recognized my q10 as a keycard.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 12:01 PM
    I could be wrong but it's much more complicated than that and I would recommend you contact Salto for advice.

Reading a NFC tag with your NFC device is not a problem but I don't think you can add your NFC device to become a NFC credential will be that simple. I think Salto has to first have some arrangement with your carrier in order for your NFC-enabled device to be used in that manner, for the secure credential information to be pushed onto your device in order for it to be used as a credential. And good luck to Salto trying to get space on the NFC SIM card from the carrier.
    06-20-13 12:11 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 04:31 PM
    Normally using your BB as an access card would require the PAC (People who make your card system) company to make an app for the BB that would recognize those unreadable NFC tags. Once the app was installed it can communicate with the back end software to make a pseudo card on your phone. Be aware that quite often they make these apps so that the data won't come back over in a backup / restore operation so depending on how much you tinker with your phone you could be visiting the security office often...
    06-20-13 10:34 PM