I've just donwloaded the laterst version of BBM (10.8.5.15). Instead of the previous version, there are now two seperate icons for BBM Video and BBM Voice. In the previous version, there was only one icon, which was green if your contact had wifi and/or was able to BBMV and greyed if your contact is unable to BBMV. So, one can always see a green icon: available for BBMV, greyed out: unavailable.

Now, with the new version, these BBMV icons stay green all the time! Even if you contact(s) has switched their device off or don't have wifi or so. Is this by design or is it a bug??

Thanks!
    04-26-15 08:08 AM
    yup. they both stay green this was introduced again in the latest beta. not sure how you know its a bug. Many of my contacts only have the phone available and the ones who are in wifi have the video icon as well.
    04-26-15 08:53 AM
    The icons always stay green, even if my contacts are offline or so... a big step backwards and very annoying!
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-26-15 08:56 AM
    yup. they both stay green this was introduced again in the latest beta. not sure how you know its a bug. Many of my contacts only have the phone available and the ones who are in wifi have the video icon as well.
    Your contacts that have only the phone icon, are non BlackBerry 10 users. The setting in BBM to allow bbm calls over mobile network applies to both voice and video. It has nothing to do with wifi. So if allow bbm calls over network is on, you will see both icons if the contact uses a BB10 device.
    04-26-15 09:06 AM
    Your contacts that have only the phone icon, are non BlackBerry 10 users. The setting in BBM to allow bbm calls over mobile network applies to both voice and video. It has nothing to do with wifi. So if allow bbm calls over network is on, you will see both icons if the contact uses a BB10 device.
    The setting in BBM to allow bbm calls over mobile network is turned off, my contacts has also switched this off. We are all on BB10. But, the icons still stay green all the time... When we have wifi, they should be green, out of wifi coverage the should be greyed out... just like in the previous version!
    04-26-15 09:13 AM
    The setting in BBM to allow bbm calls over mobile network is turned off, my contacts has also switched this off. We are all on BB10. But, the icons still stay green all the time... When we have wifi, they should be green, out of wifi coverage the should be greyed out... just like in the previous version!
    Yes, they always stay green. It would be nice if they were greyed out like before, but it doesn't really bother me. When you tap on it, it either connects, or says they aren't available. I don't think it's that big a deal. Who knows, they may change it back in a future update.
    04-26-15 09:18 AM
    He was asking hence the question mark "?" whether or not it could be a possible bug.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 09:25 AM
    It seems it is by design. Which is weird because the earlier versions had the green icon and the greyed out icon as well.

Maybe now if you try to call an offline contact something different happens?
    04-26-15 09:59 AM
    I dont get it.
    Whatsapp copied the green and grey phone icon and BlackBerry took it away...why?!?!?!

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-26-15 10:20 AM