I previously had a double typing problem that was eventually mostly resolved. Now I have a new problem. On many occasions, but not all the time, there is a failure to space between words when you depress the space bar at the end of word. Sometimes it takes two or three times to get a space. In addition, an apparently unrelated problem is that occasionally a period is placed at the end of a word causing the next word to be capitalized.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 11:02 AM
    Are you sure there isn't a space? Sometimes you can't see the space until you continue the writing. I noticed it to but realized that if I keep writing there is a space.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 11:26 AM
    See if this helps somewhat:
    Check Settings/Language and Input/Prediction and Correction - Scroll to Period Shortcut.
    If on, double tapping Space Bar results in a period at the end of a word. Turn off if not desired.
    07-31-16 11:38 AM
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but effectively the same as the double typing "challenges". I only solved by replacing the keyboard.

For what it is worth, on my main Q, the one I use daily and not the ones I use when I travel and need to have a local number for the office, I find I must replace the keyboard every six months. In that time period they work well, and then almost at some point, almost overnight, boom! Done.

Good news is time required is minimal.
    08-01-16 09:56 AM
    It is a hardware problem. The keyboard is very easy to be replaced. And the phone is probably one of the most serviceable phones released to the public.

Just look up some Youtube videos on disassemblying it. If you lived close to me, I would have just done the repair for you for free .

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 08:15 PM
    Yep, it's your keyboard. Was having the same problem with the periods after pressing the space bar once. Too much lost productivity having to go back and re-read everything and correct period errors. So replaced my keyboard for the 2nd time. Unfortunately the new keyboard has a dead G key (no tactile feedback) so I am waiting on another replacement. Very easy replacement if you watch the youtube videos and take your time.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    08-05-16 09:08 PM