This one truly shows the beauty of the carbon back plate.

03-20-13 10:01 PM
    no link, no video = fail
    03-20-13 10:07 PM
    Looks great. I have the Z10 and I'm liking it. It's my first BlackBerry. If I had the money, I'd buy the Q10 just to be able to play with it. Must still not be fully optimised because the user wasn't able to do the swipe up from the bottom bezel.
    Love the "shout out" to CrackBerry too haha.
    Thanks for posting!
    00stryder likes this.
    03-20-13 10:19 PM
    Man I hope that firmware is old because the whole "swiping up" dealio doesn't even seem implemented lol
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    03-20-13 10:21 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that in all the Q10 videos (this one included) it seems that the users have a hard time swiping from the bottom? Almost as if the lower gesture-detecting bezel is too thin. If you search for some earlier demos given by BB's own Vivek you will see it as well. Is it just that the bottom up gesture is less applicable given a physical keyboard?
    00stryder, jimmyjyc and Fnen90 like this.
    03-20-13 10:22 PM
    Love it. Thanks OP.
    03-20-13 10:25 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that in all the Q10 videos (this one included) it seems that the users have a hard time swiping from the bottom? Almost as if the lower gesture-detecting bezel is too thin. If you search for some earlier demos given by BB's own Vivek you will see it as well. Is it just that the bottom up gesture is less applicable given a physical keyboard?
    Yes I have noticed that as well. Makes me anxious. I hope it works well as I was planning to get the Q10.
    03-20-13 10:28 PM
    No kidding! I was cringing watching him continuously swipe up in vain with no effect. No way can the final firmware have that issue... what a complete disaster that would be. The torches and pitchforks will be out for sure from the likes of BGR and Gizmodo! I'm getting flashbacks of my first day using the Otterbox defender on my Z10!!!

Also love the CB love in the vid! Us 'Nammers are real CB Addicts!
    03-20-13 10:37 PM
    This was true of videos of early Dev Alpha's and Z10's too. Probably the OS needs tuning.
    jimmyjyc and KasukeSadiki like this.
    03-20-13 11:32 PM
    I can't find peace after watching Q10 videos. Makes me wonder if I did the right thing pre-ordering a Z10...

Off topic, isn't it ironic no videos ever come from Mexico even though new Blackberries are manufactured in Mexico? Kinda frustrating for me... Z10 hasn't been released yet here!!
    03-20-13 11:35 PM
    For all of you who are worried about the swiping up gesture having inconsistencies, don't! I don't have any videos on hand to show that it is currently not a problem (on the newer firmwares anyway), but I'm 100% sure that it has been properly addressed. Expect no problems(:
    03-20-13 11:48 PM
    Um Z10 just released in Mexico lol. Q10 WILL be ready for prime time when launched.

I'm all over this phone. Q10 is the  for me. Can't wait!!!

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-20-13 11:49 PM
    Ouch... They try the up-n-over swipe like half a dozen times without it working
    03-20-13 11:55 PM
    yes, in the video they did mention about the difficulty when swiping up from the bottom. I'm Vietnamese so that's why I understand what she said =))

They said the keyboard makes it hard to swipe up from the bottom, but it can be a software issue too cause this is not a final device with latest release software.
    03-21-13 12:01 AM
    I would translate, but I'm too white washed to understand most of it LOL
    03-21-13 12:41 AM
    Okay so I actually understood quite a bit of it, and pretty much she just went over the difference between this iteration of the BlackBerry Qwerty device versus the older version, mainly the straight and beveled keyboard and a bigger battery. From what I've understood, it's nothing we don't all already know.
    03-21-13 12:46 AM
    I wonder if thin bezels are the reason why BB10 doesn't do Playbook style multitasking with bezel swipes?

The keyboard might make things harder. I remember playing with a colleague's Curve and wondering why his trackpad was so insensitive. Maybe it's because there's interference from the keyboard, while the trackpad on the Torch is completely out of the way of the keyboard.
    03-21-13 01:33 AM
    That's odd. I borrowed a Samsung S4 to use it's translator and it said she was talking about how the giraffes got strawberry stains all over the pillowcases but were able to stand on a cactus to reach the moist towelettes before bursting into flames.

That Q10 is a good looking phone.
    Toodeurep and revtech like this.
    03-21-13 01:36 AM
    another Q10 video without the phone part of the phone - seems that swiping up is not the only thing which is not ready... ;-(((
    03-21-13 02:09 AM
    I think the Q10 is the worst idea...as we can watch on videos it is not even ready for launch...and icons look so big ..ugh!...9900 best BB ever!! sorry
    03-21-13 05:55 AM
    I think the Q10 is the worst idea...as we can watch on videos it is not even ready for launch...and icons look so big ..ugh!...9900 best BB ever!! sorry
    You have seen videos running pretty old, non optimized OS version(s).
    03-21-13 07:00 AM
    How is the Q10 the worst idea, it's based on the 9900 and better in every aspect, the firmware in this video is old, they have already addressed this problem!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 07:57 AM
    This video seems relevant to this thread to highlight that there isn't an issue with bezel gestures.

Q10's are out there running OS 10.1.x.x, confirmed by @1337group
    jimmyjyc, Bbnivende and 00stryder like this.
    03-21-13 08:30 AM
    I must admit, in terms of visual, the 9900 is more appealing in almost every aspect

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:35 AM
    I must admit, in terms of visual, the Q10 is more appealing in almost every aspect.

OK ... marginally better. The back seems less like an afterthought. Perhaps I will not lose any fingernails trying to take off the back cover. (Lets hope we do not need to take off the back cover) . Just disappearance of the buttons / trackpad makes for a cleaner if less functional design. The main thing is that the average consumer who is not a Crackberry should be more attracted to the device. In particular most consumers want bigger phones with bigger screens and the Q10 is very slightly larger with a 30% bigger screen. Most consumers want Icons about the same size and appearance as the Iphone. The icons on the 9900 are teeny tiny toddler sized.
    Lastly, the way the back cover curves around seems like the Q10 will be very comfortable in the hand. It will be interesting to see if users find the KB better than the 9900 or basically no change.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 03-21-13 at 10:17 AM.
    03-21-13 09:45 AM
52 123