I've had my new Q10 for less than a week now and absolutely love it, but realized last night while trying to record videos at a concert that the video recording works but it fails to capture any audio. Is anyone else having this problem? Yes, I've tried all the volume control settings to ensure it's not a playback issue... audio is definitely not being captured.

I'm now into second level support with BlackBerry but so far they are stumped. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome, but if you are having the same issue please let me know.
    06-24-13 04:41 PM
    Try recording another video in a quieter area? Not sure if that will work just a suggestion thinking that the microphone couldn't work if the sound is too loud. In fact it's a stupid suggestion, but if it were my phone i'd try anything haha.

Other than that it is probably a hardware problem. Is the microphone working for phone calls?

Posted via CB10
    kingmaker944 likes this.
    06-24-13 04:55 PM
    I did already try recording in a quiet area with no success, and the phone works fine otherwise for calls, etc.
    06-24-13 07:31 PM
    Hey! Just wondering if you were able to solve the problem, i am having the same problem!
    07-05-13 11:57 PM
    Do you have "Apollo", a Pandora app installed? I removed that and all of the sudden my video recordings had no problem with audio. Let me know since that might solve it... thanks!
    07-06-13 12:27 AM
    I have the same problem. My video doesnt record the sound. I just tested it after reading this post and discovered i have the same problem. I dont have apollo app. If you found a solution please help. Thank you.
    07-06-13 03:52 AM
    I found out a solution but im not sure what it was cause i did alot of things. Heres what i did. I connected an external speaker then i heard the sound, i removed the speakers then it went silent. I deleted radio apps. I downloaded free video player apps. Opened the videos on the free video apps, it worked with sound. Went back to the blackberry video app and now its working normal. I downloaded back the radio apps. Videos still work fine.
    07-06-13 06:21 AM
    I've had my new Q10 for less than a week now and absolutely love it, but realized last night while trying to record videos at a concert that the video recording works but it fails to capture any audio. Is anyone else having this problem? Yes, I've tried all the volume control settings to ensure it's not a playback issue... audio is definitely not being captured.

I'm now into second level support with BlackBerry but so far they are stumped. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome, but if you are having the same issue please let me know.
    I'm having the same problem and it just started today. Yesterday, I recorded a video and the sound is there. Today, absolutely no sound on my videos and I haven't changed anything or downloaded anything. I'm trying to video my new puppy and this is beyond annoying. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is looking better by the day to me. Especially since T-Mobile has no wifi calling for BlackBerry 10 and I only get 1 bar of Edge coverage and can't make a phone call from my house.
    07-06-13 01:29 PM
    I'm having the same problem and it just started today. Yesterday, I recorded a video and the sound is there. Today, absolutely no sound on my videos and I haven't changed anything or downloaded anything. I'm trying to video my new puppy and this is beyond annoying. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is looking better by the day to me. Especially since T-Mobile has no wifi calling for BlackBerry 10 and I only get 1 bar of Edge coverage and can't make a phone call from my house.
    I should probably add that I have never owned any phone, other than a Blackberry, since the very first Blackberry hit the market. I have spent nearly TWO YEARS with no cell phone at all, since I broke my Bold 9000 and refused to buy an Apple or a Droid. I've been preaching and praising BlackBerry to all of my friends, who laugh at me, for what seems like an eternity now. I rushed out and bought the Q10 the first week it was available at T-Mobile, here in Florida. Now I'm just disgusted and embarrassed to admit to people that I was at the AT&T store, on Wednesday, test driving the Galaxy S4 and the Note 2. My buyer's remorse period ends on July 19th and it saddens me to say that I will, more than likely, no longer be a BlackBerry customer. They have seriously dropped the ball on all of us. If they have any hope at all of surviving, they need to release 10.2 and a whole lot of useful apps...like yesterday. I don't have the time to try and fix my brand new $600 phone that took so long to come out that it should've been perfected LONG ago.
    07-06-13 07:48 PM
    hello friends first same problem BlackBerry q10 i'try all sound record problem i'm solved
    just change the settings
    battery saving mode off &
    turn on battery saving automatically off
    the two options off
    well recording sounds
    i'try work well
    Carry on
    04-09-17 12:03 AM
    hello friends first same problem BlackBerry q10 i'try all sound record problem i'm solved
    just change the settings
    battery saving mode off &
    turn on battery saving automatically off
    the two options off
    well recording sounds
    i'try work well
    Carry on
    04-09-17 12:03 AM