my q10 is 2 weeks old, after one week it started randomly restarting. Now it's restarting about 2 times a day. What could be the problem? I would be very grateful if someone with a similar problem resolved could help.
    05-01-14 04:36 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Do you know your current OS version? If you type myver in any text field on your Q10, it will show you.

Try a device reset first. (NOT exactly same as a Restart.)
    Hold down top key of phone and do not release.
    Ignore any onscreen options to Restart, countdowns, splashscreens.
    After the red LED turns on then off, release the top key as soon as you see the BlackBerry logo.

Anything better after that reset?
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-01-14 04:46 PM
    My Q10 started doing the same thing and I found it was the battery losing contact momentarily when my phone was bumped or even when I set it down gently. It even reset itself a with normal action of walking. I simply cut a piece of business card and placed it between the battery and the battery cover to put a little more pressure on the battery and presto, problem fixed.
    05-01-14 04:51 PM
    it could be the loose battery actually. my version is 10.2.1.2141 , i'll update my profile tomorrow.
    and many thanks to everyone for the quick response, i greatly appreciate it guys.
    05-01-14 04:59 PM
    How many GB of RAM do you have XD I have 1 and sometimes I experience random reboots

Posted from my Q10 running on 1GB of RAM
    05-01-14 05:29 PM
    Damn, you may need to replace the battery with a new one.
    05-01-14 06:52 PM
    I've had the same problem for 8 months since I purchased my Q10. I've reset my phone several times and it still re-sets itself at the most in-convenient times.Like when I'm using maps to see where I'm going to work. It is very frustrating! My Q10 reset itself 4x so far today. Please help me?
    05-01-14 08:44 PM
    I also have the most update softwARE
    05-01-14 08:45 PM
    Hi, I think it could be the "random reboot" problem. Perhaps you may wish to insert a piece of paper between the battery and the battery door.

Did you experience this whenever you lay your Q10 onto a table? Or is it caused by a simple knock at the back of your phone?

It happened to me when I was just simply tapping my phone lightly on my thigh. Some users are also having this problem too.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:56 AM
    I would suggest asking for a replacement since your device is only 2 weeks old.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    05-02-14 04:11 AM
    i guess my problem turned out to be the loose battery. i put a piece of paper in where the battery sits, now the phone doesn't restart. i would've returned my phone but it was a present from russia and i live in the middle east, so that's out of the question. it is a shame that a great phone like that gets spoiled by a manufacturing problem. I shouldn't have to improvise with pieces of paper with a brand new phone that costs a pretty good amount of money, i'm greatly disappointed that it's a common problem, where's RIM to fix this?
    If anything changes in the course of the near future i'll be sure to keep every one updated. Many thanks to everyone that responded.
    05-03-14 01:30 PM
    i guess my problem turned out to be the loose battery. i put a piece of paper in where the battery sits, now the phone doesn't restart. i would've returned my phone but it was a present from russia and i live in the middle east, so that's out of the question. it is a shame that a great phone like that gets spoiled by a manufacturing problem. I shouldn't have to improvise with pieces of paper with a brand new phone that costs a pretty good amount of money, i'm greatly disappointed that it's a common problem, where's RIM to fix this?
    If anything changes in the course of the near future i'll be sure to keep every one updated. Many thanks to everyone that responded.
    This is not just BlackBerry's problem. It happens on every device manufacturer. It's one of the few that had slip through QA. That's why there is a warranty. Too bad that you live so far away to claim it.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    05-04-14 05:09 AM