The Q10 has an AF camera, right???
    ...Does anyone know why the battery in the Q10 is so much larger than the Z?
    ...I would have thought a full touch screen and larger screen would need a larger battery?
    Probably because anorexia is running rampant among all-touch phones...everyone wants to claim that theirs is the thinnest phone yet. If BlackBerry didn't compete in this category, the reviewers would complain and the consumers would be duly influenced. They figured Q10 users are the power users who would sacrifice a little thinness for more battery life.
    cbales24 and austriker like this.
    03-13-13 11:37 PM
    Oh God, now I need a new phone to compliment my Z10. Can you please take crap photos next time. Driving me nuts.

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    03-13-13 11:54 PM
    im just a bit sad that the screen hasnt improved much. I would've preferred it to be both a bit wider, and longer (thats what she said)

its nice that the screen is longer, but honestly i feel that decreasing the width by a bit, just for all the added length doesnt improve it much.
    sibeans likes this.
    03-14-13 01:30 PM
    All I have to say is thank you! This build has me coming back to Blackberry. Been dying to get my keyboard fix in. I will have the top 3 phones in my possession #phonewhore
    03-14-13 02:33 PM
    Do you know if the Q10 has the ability to use the virtual keyboard as-well ? And if so, does it use the same word prediction style as the Z10? (ie: flip up words from keys). I haven't seen anything on forums to suggest this yet.

I like the idea that I can switch - I prefer using real keys but sometimes it's nice once in while to just use a touch screen keyboard.

Thanks!
    When typing, a bar appears at the bottom with 3 suggestions; tap to select.
    http://i0.wp.com/cfo-dailyreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/BlackBerry-q10-prediction.jpg?resize=600%2C400
    03-14-13 02:36 PM
    It's all about screen size these days, so I'm wondering why the Q10 is not slightly larger (and closer to the size of the Z10) to maximize screen size. 3.1" screen is small these days in a world in which the larger the screen size, the more coveted. A few more tenths of screen size should not hurt. Maybe from a design perspective, a bit larger would've hurt the shape? I can't find the correct word, but maybe they were afraid that a bit larger would mean too long or too wide. I dunno.
    03-14-13 02:37 PM
    It's all about screen size these days, so I'm wondering why the Q10 is not slightly larger (and closer to the size of the Z10) to maximize screen size. 3.1" screen is small these days in a world in which the larger the screen size, the more coveted. A few more tenths of screen size should not hurt. Maybe from a design perspective, a bit larger would've hurt the shape? I can't find the correct word, but maybe they were afraid that a bit larger would mean too long or too wide. I dunno.
    My guess would be they wanted to keep an aspect ratio that isn't awkward and they wanted at least a little bezel for the gestures in BB10.
    03-14-13 03:00 PM
    If the final version does have a 2500 mAh battery it will interesting to see what kind of battery life it can get especially with the reduced screen.
    03-14-13 05:42 PM
    why battery is 1800mAh not 2100mAh ?
    Just to set everyone straight...it is a 2100mAh battery.
    ddlax22 likes this.
    03-14-13 05:44 PM
    I am extremely glad that the Q10 is bigger than the 9900. I would have felt there wasn't enough progression or change if it stayed the same size. Must be Samsung's "make everything bigger" movement that has gotten me in this mind frame.
    When I was at BEF, one of the carrier reps had dummy version of the Q10. Comparing it to my 9900, it seemed to have about the same outside dimensions with the exception that the Q10 seemed thicker.
    03-14-13 07:51 PM
    Landscape mode not supported... but why one would need landscape mode on a square 720x720 pix screen... ?
    I was thinking the same thing based on the 1:1 ratio, but then noticed that the power connector is on the side so it would be useful to have Landscape for a docking station unless they are planning a dock that is portrait oriented that slides to the left to connect.
    03-14-13 07:56 PM
    I really hope that they don't chose to use the dimple backing for the final release of the Q10. Its not premium looking at all...why spend a year or two developing the glass weave back and abandon it for unknown reasons. Blackberry Bold 10 has to pull out all stops and make it as sophisticated as possible or else business users will be less likely to buy one. Btw where's the OP? Too many questions not enough answers.
    The rubberized backing looks horrendous to me, glass weave is definitely classier
    03-14-13 08:00 PM
    The rubberized backing looks horrendous to me, glass weave is definitely classier
    I just recieved a basically release version of the phone and it has the rubberized backing . It also has the 1800 mAh battery... posting in a few hours.
    03-14-13 08:38 PM
    Since the Q10 is like a "traditional" Blackberry I sure hope they got some "old school" Blackberry developers on board to add what is Blackberry back into the Q10. Seems like the team for the Z10 forgot what made power users stay on BB, save for BBM.

... customizable and volume variable alert tones
    ... email filtering
    ... level 1 notifications
    everything you mentioned has nothing to do with the device itself. this is all in the os, and was not left out only to be included into a specific phone as that would make no sense.
    hopefully bbos items will be incorporated back into bb10 os
    03-14-13 08:51 PM
    I just recieved a basically release version of the phone and it has the rubberized backing . It also has the 1800 mAh battery... posting in a few hours.
    how are you POSITIVE that its a release version of the phone. its a known fact that itll have a bigger battery 2100mah
    03-14-13 08:56 PM
    how are you POSITIVE that its a release version of the phone. its a known fact that itll have a bigger battery 2100mah
    We will just have to wait and see, im not confirming anything
    ddlax22 likes this.
    03-14-13 09:06 PM
    I agree that there is evidence that the battery in the Q10 is 2100mAh. The only reason why I would even be hesitant to believe that it might not be 2100mAh is the fact that they put the Q10's PPI is 360 (which is way off) on January 30th. But yeah, I don't believe for a second the battery is an 1800mAh.
    03-14-13 09:11 PM
    Do you have any for sale dm me?
    03-15-13 03:47 PM
    We will just have to wait and see, im not confirming anything
    That's probably because you don't have the right information or contacts to confirm anything.

JB

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 03:55 PM
69 123