Aloha everyone! After having an iPhone 5s and a Nexus 5 I'm ready to jump back to blackberry finally . Last Blackberry I used was the Bold 9900.
    Here's a few questions:

(1) What is battery life like for this device compared to iPhone, Galaxy S4/5 etc? iPhone 5s for me was horrible with battery life even when I didn't use it much. I work/travel a lot so usually I'm just texting (a lot), checking emails through out the day, browsing the web, and mostly on FB for social networking.

(2) Are there any "must have" apps that I should consider loading?

(3) Any recommendations for cases that actually protect the device? (Not interested in otterbox). The Blackberry Leather Pocket seems nice .. But lemme know !!

(4) Any particular tips and tricks for the Q10 or issues to look out for?

Will receive my Q10 on the 22nd. Purchased unlocked from Blackberry's website!

Thank you

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    KDB84 likes this.
    05-21-14 06:21 AM
    Welcome back to BlackBerry!!
    1) Battery life is realy great
    2) some requirements, make sure to update to 10.2.1 right away when you get the awesome Q10, (if it isn't already loaded, then download the 1Mobile Market app so you can download Android apps,
    3) I use the hard plastic case that you can get on ebay for like 4 buck, it's very good cuz it covers thr phone very nicely and leaves the "holes" open nicely. Makes the phone a little bulkier but worth the protection.

4) Enjoy your Q10! And always check back here for help!

Posted via CB10
    digitamer and anon(7915689) like this.
    05-21-14 06:28 AM
    Forgot to add, based on number #1, you will LOVE the BlackBerry HUB , just swipe up and right from anywhere and the world is yours!

Posted via CB10
    digitamer likes this.
    05-21-14 06:31 AM
    You'll not regret it. Surf this site in the Q10-Section, most (if not all) of your questions are already answered there.

Welcome to the comunity...

The must-have App is Crackberry-App so you integrate it in your phone and not browser.
    You get the Blog page as a starting page, the sections in another, then the forums on buttons.
    It does not "spam" your HUB.

Discover the rest by your self!
    Feel free to ask anything about your new phone, but check out (search) for the question/answer first, it might already been solved...

Oh, make comprehensive titles that sumerise the subject of your thread...
    Cheers

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    digitamer likes this.
    05-21-14 06:37 AM
    For a case I would recommend the Poetic Atmosphere case. Its very slim, protects all of the phone and allows for you to see the color of the phone through the case. I have 5 different cases and always seem to come back to the Poetic.

Welcome!

Posted via Q10
    topherparker and digitamer like this.
    05-21-14 08:07 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    digitamer likes this.
    05-21-14 12:53 PM
    For a case I would recommend the Poetic Atmosphere case. Its very slim, protects all of the phone and allows for you to see the color of the phone through the case. I have 5 different cases and always seem to come back to the Poetic.

Welcome!

Posted via Q10
    I saw that one on eBay, I wanted to get the griffin reveal case for the Q but they don't make it for the Q. Looks like the poetic is the closest looking one to the griffin

Sent from another device other than my Q10 ,using CB Forums
    digitamer likes this.
    05-21-14 01:55 PM
    My must have apps are:

BeWeatherPro
    bQuiet
    Writer
    SlickTasks
    ClipMan
    Foursquare
    BeMapsPro
    Apollo
    CB10
    GNewsReader
    KeePass
    Nobex
    Soundhound
    Temple Run Brave (not a must have but fun)

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    digitamer likes this.
    05-21-14 01:56 PM
    Welcome back to BB. You won't be disappointed in the Q10.

1. There has been a lot of threads regarding battery life on the Q10. I average between 13-16 hours on one full charge with moderately heavy use.

2. Every person is different in terms of apps, but my must have apps: CB10, BeMaps Pro, iHeart Radio, Slacker, Evernote, NHL Gamecenter, GasBuddy, Bible, StarTracker, Wikipedia. I don't side-load Android apps, but if that's your thing, I hear SNAP is a must-have to get Android apps.

3. I'm a holster guy because I don't like holding my phone or putting it in my pants pockets so I use the BB leather swivel holster. Otherwise, when I'm wearing a suit, my phone is buck naked

4. There is a whole section on Crackberry devoted to shortcuts and gestures on BB10. And of course the internet. One thing people have been having issue with is the double-typing issue. I haven't yet (knock on wood) experienced this but it seems somewhat prevalent. Not one of those "95% of owners have it" sort of thing, but it seems to be a recurring problem for a small majority. There have also been some issues with loose battery doors causing the Q10 to re-boot. Just minor stuff. If you realize that no piece of technology is flawless, then you will be alright

And as others have stated, make sure you upgrade to OS 10.2.1 if your phone doesn't have it installed yet. So many cool features!
    topherparker and digitamer like this.
    05-21-14 02:52 PM
    Hi everyone. Thanks. So far enjoying my Q10! Took a couple days to get the battery just right but I'm very amazed. Its been 26+ hours (8:05 am--10:34am) since my last charge and my phone is at 11% and that's because I used my q10 as a hotspot for 30 minutes Hahaha. Phone does its job very well. No complaints at all!

Posted via Q10
    05-25-14 01:36 PM
    Hi again! Have you read this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=930047

Enjoy!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    05-25-14 01:40 PM
    I use my Q10 naked. It's grippy enough. Came from Moto X. Can't stay away from blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 03:38 PM
    Welcome back! Once you sideload Snap, it's an open world for you. It's a blast having Android apps but the multitasking functionality of BB10!

Enjoy your time here at CB, I know I do!

Sent from the bigger Berry using Tapatalk.
    05-25-14 03:45 PM
    Read all blogs complaining about the Q10 keyboard. I had been a BB user for more than 10 years and are almost quiting. Don't know why but Z and ENTER keys become very sensitive and is impossible to write. I have this Q10 for less than a year and it is a mess to get warranty or service in Mexico. Good luck!
    06-03-14 06:36 PM
    welcoem i got my new snazzy devie yesturday and i love it !!
    topherparker likes this.
    06-03-14 06:52 PM
    Awesome! Enjoy the phone! You are now a productivity master! Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 06:54 PM
    I just got mine, minutes ago. Mind=Blown, lol. But I love how smooth and fast it is, and I'm already comfortable with the keyboard, it's awesome. Of course my middle age eyes require reading glasses to operate this thing but that's ok. It's solid and sleek in hand, too. Love it.
    alan510 likes this.
    06-03-14 09:42 PM