Does anyone have any ideas, I persuaded another friend to move to a Q10 from their old BlackBerry but she can't get signal. The symbol on the top right hand corner stays at the phone with red exclamation mark. She has stayed on the same network and always had very good signal where she is before she moved to her Q10.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 03:10 PM
    Did she buy the new Q10 from her carrier? If not is it unlocked and is it compatible with the frequency's her carrier uses?

If yes to the above check the sim card, make sure it's inserted properly, and check with the carrier to make sure her new sim was provisioned properly, she would have just moved from a standard sim to a micro sim.
    07-17-13 03:20 PM
    Does anyone have any ideas, I persuaded another friend to move to a Q10 from their old BlackBerry but she can't get signal. The symbol on the top right hand corner stays at the phone with red exclamation mark. She has stayed on the same network and always had very good signal where she is before she moved to her Q10.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Posted via CB10
    What network is she using?
    07-17-13 03:22 PM
    did she call her provider?
    07-17-13 03:23 PM
    Thank you so much for your replies. This is in the UK and she's was on vodaphone and upgraded straight through them.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 03:26 PM
    I purchased my Q10 from TIM (Italy), and it is killing me because most of the time it's not connected on the cellular network here in Croatia (VIP - Vodafone network), although it is showing me the singnal bar is full.

The phone was not locked, but it's branded. I have no clue what to do anymore.

The strangest thing is when I put SIM card from another Croatian network (Tele2), the phone works normally (except BBM and Protect - but that is OK since Tele2 doesn't support BIS), but when I turn it on and off with this card it shows TIM logo for some reason (and on Vodafone card it just shows BB 10).
    07-17-13 07:25 PM