Got my new white Q10 off eBay on Friday.

Since I've had it and started messaging on it I've noticed that the back cover creaks and squeaks so so badly when my hands are positioned for typing. It is the most frustrating thing ever. Even to the point that my sisters both said "what the hell is that noise" as I was typing a text out earlier this evening.

My black Q10 never did this. And this was a brand new handset. The box was factory sealed.

I have no idea what to do but it is driving my insane. Even pressing the phone between my thumb and finger (thumb on the back finger on the front) you can hear it. It feels flimsy and cheap. I know the black has a different back plate but has anyone else with a white handset experienced this?!

And any advice on what to do? Get a new back cover off ebay or something?

So annoying.
    03-30-14 03:48 PM

Since I've had it and started messaging on it I've noticed that the back cover creaks and squeaks so so badly when my hands are positioned for typing. It is the most frustrating thing ever. Even to the point that my sisters both said "what the hell is that noise" as I was typing a text out earlier this evening.

My black Q10 never did this. And this was a brand new handset. The box was factory sealed.

I have no idea what to do but it is driving my insane. Even pressing the phone between my thumb and finger (thumb on the back finger on the front) you can hear it. It feels flimsy and cheap. I know the black has a different back plate but has anyone else with a white handset experienced this?!

So annoying.
    Cut a business card to size and put it in the back cover and put back on. Will tighten the cover up also.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    03-30-14 03:52 PM
    It's unfortunate you are having to deal with this problem. You should have bought the self-lubricating cover.

Have you tried oiling it?
    03-30-14 03:55 PM
    Cut a business card to size and put it in the back cover and put back on. Will tighten the cover up also.
    Didn't think to try that. Thanks for your help.

It's unfortunate you are having to deal with this problem. You should have bought the self-lubricating cover.
    Have you tried oiling it?
    Creased.
    anon721037 likes this.
    03-30-14 04:11 PM

So annoying.
    I got a new White q10 and i have the same problem, seems its only the White ones that have this problem!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 04:45 PM
    Wonder why that is. You would think since it's the same phone it would have the same battery door. That's weird.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 05:20 PM
    I have the ATT black model and same issue. You can press the back door in as there's a gap till it hits the battery underneath.

The Biz Card inserted between the door and battery resolves the issue.

Also have the Z30 and the loose volume rocker on the side is far more aggravating.

Can't wait for the foxcon built models to arrive.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:18 PM
    I have the ATT black model and same issue. You can press the back door in as there's a gap till it hits the battery underneath.

The Biz Card inserted between the door and battery resolves the issue.

Also have the Z30 and the loose volume rocker on the side is far more aggravating.

Can't wait for the foxcon built models to arrive.

Posted via CB10
    Your Z30 is probably like mine , the buttons are loose because the cover is not letting them come all the way out, shave a little bit off the cover right by the buttons where the ledge is. It fixed mine.
    03-30-14 06:26 PM

So annoying.
    Had a White and Black Q10. Since one was work issued and I already had a personal one I didn't want to confuse the two. I've had no problems with either backs, although I found the White back to be much slicker.

DO NOT put a business card back there. That's just putting a band aid on the issue. If it's that horrible, get a Black one. SORRY for your troubles. Device issues stink.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    03-30-14 06:30 PM
    I also have put in a businesscard in mine, do agree that it shouldn't be necessary.
    It is a great tool also if you lose your phone and some wants to be kind enough to return it BTW. If you still believe in humanity that is...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:58 PM
    I made a post months ago about the battery door being poor quality. I have 4 different backs and they all have the same problem. I hope they fix this with the next Q variants.
    03-31-14 05:09 AM
    Wow well this sucks. I thought it was just a dodgy back cover on mine but hearing that a few of you are experiencing it is not the greatest thing.

Will try the business card thing when I get in and see if it works. But pretty unhappy about it. I already don't like the notification LED on the white model so this just makes me want a black one even more!

Will keep you posted on my progress and if a business card does the trick. Thanks for all the replies.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 09:03 AM
    Same issue with the back cover on my White Q10 from day one. Started using OtterBox cover and a side benefit was that I wouldn't have to deal with that annoying issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:11 AM
    I tried a business card and though it helps the problem somewhat, the case seems to revert back to squeaking.

I'm really at a loss with what to do. It is Driving. Me. Insane.

It's putting me off texting people as it's constantly there and feels rubbish. I wouldn't even really expect this from a used handset let alone brand new. Also, I would just sell it and buy myself a black one, but then surely I would have to note on the auction that it squeaks due to a back door not sitting properly - which is just gonna put people off.

This isn't the grand return to the Q10 I expected.
    04-01-14 05:34 PM
    Verizon gave me a credit equal to the cost of buying a replacement door from crackberry. They did not have a way to ship me just the door.

Just buy one, it really makes a huge difference. Couldn't stand the loose original door.
    04-02-14 05:54 AM
    Verizon gave me a credit equal to the cost of buying a replacement door from crackberry. They did not have a way to ship me just the door.

Just buy one, it really makes a huge difference. Couldn't stand the loose original door.
    Did the replacement fix the issue?
    I started to think that it was being cause by the "spring" NFC contact pins pushing up against the back cover.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 10:57 AM
    Did the replacement fix the issue?
    I started to think that it was being cause by the "spring" NFC contact pins pushing up against the back cover.

Posted via CB10
    Sure did. New one is perfect - no movement, no play at all. The original one was loose in that I could push it side to side a little and at the very top of the door right under the single silver band it would push in very easily in the middle. I've tried to look at them both side by side but can see zero difference. No idea why the new one is tight, but it's perfect.
    jope28 likes this.
    04-02-14 11:07 AM
    So with the business card not doing the trick I thought I'd investigate further.
    Basically the problem with my device is that the bottom right side (or bottom left side when looking at it from the back) is where there is a noticeable gap between the back cover and the device itself. You can physically press the case and phone together and that's where the creak comes from.

Anyway, with the business card not doing anything, I guessed that the gap must be because the cover does not fit right - it was always difficult to get on (much more so than my black one) and when I removed it tonight I placed it on the table and it did not sit flush on the table top. It wobbled from side to side when I placed my hand on it. So I decided to just lightly bend it in the direction it needed to lean more towards to straighten it out. It felt so flimsy but moved under the pressure - when I slid it back on the phone, boom - problem solved.

It now sits flush, there is no creak or squeak noise. I'm annoyed I've had to do it as really, it shouldn't have ever been like that but the white backs are clearly much cheaper than the black and it has caused some people some problems which is pretty bad.

Anyway, wanted to update everyone that I'm now happy with my Q10. I love the device - the keypad, battery life, I even love the AMOLED screen, it looks so great.
    Hope anyone else with a creaky / squeaky back cover can sort theirs!
    04-02-14 03:28 PM
    I got an Otterbox Commuter case on it and I do not hear any creaking
    04-02-14 07:56 PM
    I got an Otterbox Commuter case on it and I do not hear any creaking
    My BB hard shell case solved the problem for me as well. I'll take creaking any day over it just falling apart the way my 9900 did. I went through 3 battery door covers to no avail.
    04-02-14 08:22 PM
    I wouldn't consider putting on a case a solution. That's a bandaid.
    04-03-14 10:37 AM
    I wouldn't consider putting on a case a solution. That's a bandaid.
    Agreed.
    Just happens that I need to use a case, so I don't notice the issue anymore. But it most definitely isn't a solution to the issue.

Edit: bending the plastic battery door on my white Q10 fixed the solution. Seems that it just came a bit "bent out of shape" (pun intended) out the box.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jope28; 04-11-14 at 09:31 PM.
    04-03-14 11:56 AM
    Well, just got my white Q10 a week or so ago. Same problem. Squeaks developed yesterday...when pressing middle of blackberry door right where BB symbol located, and bottom left when looking at back door.

I initially tried a couple of pieces of paper folder in each location. That worked somewhat, but causes squeaks elsewhere. Then tried business card (trimmed about 3/8" off length, keeping it tight to the bottom of the BB and leaving the gap at the top), no luck. Added multiple cards, and could not get cover on. So started taking them off one by one and trying cover. I think I am now at either 2 or 3 trimmed business cards stacked under there, but don't dare try to take the cover off to check.

Moral is try several business cards. Start with 1, then keep adding until you solve the problem or cannot get the cover on.
    bbnrs likes this.
    12-22-14 01:58 PM
    Well that's not acceptable. I'd go and get it replaced considering it's only a week old. Don't make any excuses, you paid good money for quality and using cards shouldn't be an alternative. Unless of course the squeaky sound is barely audible and you just happen to have super sensitive hearing.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:05 PM
    Try to use a black ducktape where the batterydoor wholes are. It helps a lot. Stick it on the device, enter the backdoor and you are fine.

Posted via Q10Bold
    12-22-14 02:15 PM
26 12