Hey Guys,
    Pretty new to the forum here.
    I upgraded from torch to q10 4 days back, updated my os to 10.3 the moment I got the phone. Although I'm loving the device, the battery backup I'm getting is really poor without any reason. I have already gone through the threads related to the battery issues. I'm also aware that it takes around 48-72 hours for the phone to settle down after an update.
    What bothers me is that, I've not synced any of my emails till now. I've only my fb account synced and I use whatsapp but not so heavily. If I fully charge the phone, no matter I use it or not, in every 2-3 minutes 1% battery goes down. Its already 3 days after the update. I looked at the app manager and I see that system is using most of the battery. Mobile data usage is also within 50MB. I use wifi most of the time but the battery draining is same when I switch off wifi and mobile data.
    I do not understand what the real issue is. Kindly advice.
    Thanks,
    krish
    05-09-15 11:21 PM
    Hey Guys,
    Pretty new to the forum here.
    I upgraded from torch to q10 4 days back, updated my os to 10.3 the moment I got the phone. Although I'm loving the device, the battery backup I'm getting is really poor without any reason. I have already gone through the threads related to the battery issues. I'm also aware that it takes around 48-72 hours for the phone to settle down after an update.
    What bothers me is that, I've not synced any of my emails till now. I've only my fb account synced and I use whatsapp but not so heavily. If I fully charge the phone, no matter I use it or not, in every 2-3 minutes 1% battery goes down. Its already 3 days after the update. I looked at the app manager and I see that system is using most of the battery. Mobile data usage is also within 50MB. I use wifi most of the time but the battery draining is same when I switch off wifi and mobile data.
    I do not understand what the real issue is. Kindly advice.
    Thanks,
    krish
    Go to Device monitor and check what app is using battery .

ps. there you can check mobile data usage to !
    05-10-15 08:46 AM
    I used my Q10 for almost two weeks before battery life became acceptable IMO. It was only lasting me about 6 hours at a time, and now, about a month into have the Q10, its lasting me longer than two days. At this moment I haven't charged my phone in two days and a couple hours. Give it more time to settle in.

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    05-10-15 10:31 AM
    2 days is fantastic! I get 12-15 hours - hence second battery. The Q10 is a true workhorse.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 02:13 PM
    Q10 with 10.2.stock ATT get about 2.5 days on battery usuage. Turn off at 10pm and on about 8am. Seems to work well!
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-10-15 02:28 PM
    whatsapp is not using much of the battery. From the device monitor, I see that the system is consuming most of the battery. Even mobile data usage is really less as I've not started using the device heavily.
    05-10-15 10:53 PM
    HesSoStrange : I think I should wait for some more days and see if it settles in before I do something else.
    05-10-15 10:58 PM