a little bit disappointed that the back would be different...but that's cosmetic! Sure there's a reason for that, like the white Z10. Either way...Love this phone.
    02-26-13 02:16 PM
    That dimpled plastic (?) back is definitely not as cool as the glass weave one. Probably show dirt quite easily too. After seeing these I'd definitely get a black Q10.
    02-26-13 08:15 PM
    More white Q10 footage.

Sidenote: he says its coming to India in May.
    02-26-13 10:59 PM
    Honestly what is the worst thing that could happen if RIM releases the Q10 like... now???
    02-26-13 11:07 PM
    Honestly what is the worst thing that could happen if RIM releases the Q10 like... now???
    It's not BlackBerry that is not releasing it. It's the carriers, so blame them.

Edit***- whoops I was thinking about the Z10. I agree with tre5. They also need time to develop and change the apps for the different screen size. the Dev Alpha C just got released not too long ago.
    02-26-13 11:09 PM
    I don't think it's fully ready. That would explain the limited access people have to it. Maybe not fully optimized. May for India means June for U.S. I would assume.

It's Blackberry's fault. Their main focus was getting z10 out the door, hence the DevAlphaC being released after the z10's launch. They could have given out the DevAlphaC when they released the DevAlphaA or B, but they knew the qwerty wasn't coming out till April-June so they waited.
    02-26-13 11:09 PM
    I made an edit to my post. I was thinking about the Z10 coming to the US

Edit***- whoops I was thinking about the Z10. I agree with tre5. They also need time to develop and change the apps for the different screen size. the Dev Alpha C just got released not too long ago.
    02-26-13 11:17 PM
    I made an edit to my post. I was thinking about the Z10 coming to the US
    Oh nevermind then. But the only thing I could think that is holding them up is that. Plus they are going to release in waves again. UK, Canada, Africa, India, US... or something like that.
    02-26-13 11:22 PM
    Yep I agree unfortunately that's just how things go, can't do anything about it and of course it will make me thing twice about my choice between Q10 and Z10.
    02-26-13 11:24 PM
    I wish that transitioning between BB phones did not require logging into BB ID. I would like a Q10 for the workweek and Z10 for the weekend.
    02-26-13 11:36 PM
    the q 10 looks great!
    I come from a bold 9000 and a torch 9800. I was qwerty crazy till I got the z10 on my hands... even now I find it hard to believe that on this phone the feature I hated most on touchscreen phones, the touch keyboard, would end up being one of my favorite features about the z10 (plus the extra screen area when keyboard is not rolled out).

The truth is i kind of miss some of the button shortcuts and speed dial by button etc but the flow on bb10 is so nice that there are alternatives to those.
    That said, the q10 looks crazy nice and for sure it will enchant you, especially if you re coming from a bold 9900.

I bet the battery on it will definitely be a plus about the Q10 also... that is probably the only thing I still kind of debate about having already gotten the Z10.
    02-27-13 12:44 AM
    The white Q10 is definitely nice looking. But I'm a traditionalist and I just think the black has that professional business look to it. Plus I'm really liking the glass weave back.
    02-27-13 03:41 AM
    I really hope the glass weave isn't anything like the bolds 9900 carbon fiber back where it looks nice but feel cheap and stratchs like crazy.
    02-27-13 05:22 AM
    I don't think it's fully ready. That would explain the limited access people have to it. Maybe not fully optimized. May for India means June for U.S. I would assume.

It's Blackberry's fault. Their main focus was getting z10 out the door, hence the DevAlphaC being released after the z10's launch. They could have given out the DevAlphaC when they released the DevAlphaA or B, but they knew the qwerty wasn't coming out till April-June so they waited.
    Your right. It is RIM's doing. They have the say when it is released, not the carriers. Verizon has stated this to me.
    02-27-13 09:35 AM
    Its not ready, plenty of little "things" still to sort out

patience grasshopper
    02-27-13 09:47 AM
    I dont seem to see a LED on the phone? Did i miss it or its actually not there?
    02-27-13 12:59 PM
    Good question. Probably on the left side next to the proximity sensor. Although, every Blackberry I owned had it on the right.
    02-27-13 01:19 PM
    It seems that there are floating two versions around for demoing, one with LED and one version without. Somebody had the lighter version without notification LED, the final product WILL have LED ( very sure - hopefully)
    02-27-13 01:26 PM
    It seems that there are floating two versions around for demoing, one with LED and one version without. Somebody had the lighter version without notification LED, the final product WILL have LED ( very sure - hopefully)
    This.

I just saw Bla1ze's pic in the other thread and drew that conclusion as well.
    02-27-13 01:34 PM
    WTF? BGRIndia actually likes blackberry? How wonderful! I guess Jonathan Geller and Zach Epstein's influence or editorial line got lost across the atlantic... Maybe somebody needs to send them there for Z10's launch in the US...
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    02-27-13 01:49 PM
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is with white devices. I thought that was an Apple trend...

I mean, when the screen is off, it's black, so now you have this black square in the middle of a white phone, with a silver bezel, and then a white plastic back... The normal one, it's all black, with a glass weave back. So much cleaner looking in my opinion. No mish-mash of colors and what-not...
    nack likes this.
    02-27-13 06:04 PM
    I really hope the glass weave isn't anything like the bolds 9900 carbon fiber back where it looks nice but feel cheap and stratchs like crazy.
    I don't really see the problem with the 9900's battery door... Mine has some scuffs on it, but seriously, who cares? The thing that's actually important is the fact that it's so thin you can see through it, yet it's durable and doesn't break easily... I think I care more about how durable it is over how pretty it is after I've thrown my phone around for a few months...

BTW, I don't mean I throw it onto the ground, but I do not baby it like it's made out of glass either...
    02-27-13 06:10 PM
    So purty *_*
    02-28-13 01:43 AM
    Here is a another look at the Q10 in white. What I love most of the white version is the silver stainless steel bezel. When I get my Q10 in black, I am going to swap out the black bezel with the silver one.

Attachment 138427
    Attachment 138428
    Last edited by thanasi; 02-28-13 at 06:45 AM.
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-28-13 04:10 AM
    Here is a another look at the Q10 in white. What I love most of the white version is the silver stainless steel bezel. When I get my Q10 in black, I am going to swap out the black bezel with the silver one.

Attachment 138427
    Attachment 138428
    welcome thanasi, swapping the bezel might be a good design idea - but I think this will be nearly impossible. As far as I know is the bezel not just an isolated part which can be switched, but in integral part of the entire phone...
    02-28-13 08:10 AM
66 123