Just do it!

Zoom Zoom Z30
    09-23-14 09:45 PM
    I tried Note 2 after less than a month sold it. I bought a curve then bold then the q10 after that I feel in love with BlackBerry. Just like any other there is always a learning curve and getting use to a new device. I find blackberry more straightforward and ease of use. What I love about it is the BlackBerry devices are pocketable and q10 battery is great. Lasts me 15-20 hours

Z10
    Marthaelisa17 likes this.
    09-23-14 10:24 PM
    Here is a link of a nice review of Z3 with BB10 OS. Not Q10, the device you need, but the review is in very understandable parts to begin with BB.

The ten day Blackberry challenge - Tech Girl
    09-23-14 11:57 PM
    Thanks I got to read it pretty interesting. I liked how she was unbiased and really gave it a shot. I'm definitely sold on it. I live in Maine so I'm going to see if it's in a store so Ican feel it in my hands. I really love the look of the q10 and hoping I'll be able to figure it out. One thing is what is OS? I see people talking about it but what is it and how it works on a device? I hear people mentioning it but I don't know what it's all about. I feel pretty clueless. I'm 34 years old and really don't keep up with technology. Thanks so much!
    09-24-14 07:18 AM
    OS="Operating System"

Like : "Windows", "Linux", "Android", "iOS", so it is "BlackBerry OS 10.1 or higher"
    (say 10.1.0, 10.1.1, 10.2.0, 10.2.1 etc.)

When released, my Q10 had OS 10.1.0.something

Now I have OS 10.2.1.something

Latest OS is 10.2.2. in Germany.

"Leaked OS" means OS inofficially obtained, from a programmer from "BlackBerry laboratories"... The latest is the so expected 10.3.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-24-14 07:34 AM
    well, for what its worth, my wife and I were both iphone users. We've owned iphones since they were released in '07 right up to the release of the 6. We decided not to upgrade to an iphone 6, and instead to try Blackberry's. I got the Z10, she the Q10. We've had them for about a month now. We know where you're coming from.

While I love my Z10, I am totally jealous of my wife's Q10. I have big hands and so the keys are very hard for me to use. Hence the Z10 for me. But I can tell you this, the Q10 is one very classy machine. I play with it every time I can pry it out of my wife's hands, which is, sad to say, rare (or when she is asleep!).

It's a darned smart phone too. Smarter I would say than an iphone. It's also rockingly great at communications n a dozen little ways that all add up to something very impressive. Too, the forum here at Crackberry is nothing short of outstanding. The people here are amazing, and awesome at helping. It might sound ridiculous to say, but getting to be part of the Crackberry community almost justifiys getting the phone all on its own. Seriously.

Some drawbacks. BBM (Blackberry messenger is so awesome I don't even have words for it) has a little flaw in it. You can not turn off invitations it seems (although I am about to ask the forum this very question in a few minutes-so I will update you). And if someone requests an invite, you can't decline that invite without them getting a little note that says you declined them. Blackberry needs to fix those flaws.

I miss Google Maps and Google Street view. You're going to be back to the old drawn maps unless you side load the Google products. It's a simple enough process to load those products, but still its one extra step. Blackberry does not have a music store!!! I was shocked by that. There is no way to buy music within the Blackberry universe, so don't be dumping your iTunes anytime soon if music is your thing. There are a few 3rd party places but frankly they look dubious. Right now, I am buying music from iTunes and moving it over to Blackberry.

Speaking of music, the Blackberry music player is not quite up to snuff in several small but cumulatively irritating ways. Its primitive when compared to an iphone player. But it works.

For what ever reason Blackberry corporate never built a notes app for the phones. Don't ask me why. But on iphone I was using the note app dozens of times a day, and on Blackberry I had to go find a product outside of the Blackberry corp universe. It's a security risk, on a phone bragging about security, and a pain. Having said that, after trying what seems like 50 3rd party solutions I found one reminiscent of the iphones notes app.

The Q10 in particular has an awesome hand feel. It feels very solid, very high quality in the hand, and looks amazing. The keys, even for my giant hands are gorgeous and feel almost luxurious. In fact 'luxurious' might be a good word to use in referring to the Q10. Oh, and you can swap out batteries. Way, way handy!!

We do not regret our switch to Blackberry at all save those exceptions I mention above. Hope that helps.
    gokulesh, quemo and ElGorgon like this.
    09-24-14 02:44 PM
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience. Well for me personally I need the phone for basics and my business. I do have a mp3 player with a clip those small ones. But thanks for telling me about the music. I don't know what note app is sorry. I do want a good calendar /schedule and to do list. With a 10month old baby I need reminders lol my note2 I used for YouTube and Internet mostly. But not much for apps except Facebook or picture editing and collages for my business. I don't play games. And you're right the phone is awesome.
    😃
    09-24-14 04:57 PM
    For what ever reason Blackberry corporate never built a notes app for the phones. Don't ask me why. But on iphone I was using the note app dozens of times a day, and on Blackberry I had to go find a product outside of the Blackberry corp universe. It's a security risk, on a phone bragging about security, and a pain. Having said that, after trying what seems like 50 3rd party solutions I found one reminiscent of the iphones notes app.
    There is. It's called "Remember Me" and waaayyyy better than the default iOS one
    09-24-14 05:45 PM
    Hi again Marthaelisa..

Don't get me wrong about the music player-its quiet good. Its just not as well done as the iphone is all. To be fair, Apple has been doing music players a long long time. But you'll notice little things like, oh, you can't edit a song, or you have to go out of a playlist to get to a command to sort it, instead of editing it right there. This btw is common on Blackberry, that you have to look for the little menu icon, open it, choose the operation you want, and then do it, instead of directly doing it. Its a one step difference. I'm pretty happy with the BB music player actually, though those little irritations do get to me every once and a while.

The note app on iphone was that little yellow icon that would allow you to open a simple page, type a few notes and close it. The app would archieve everything by date and would show the first line as the title. It was incredibly simple and quick to use. I'd drive by a property I would want to lease, stop, open the app, type the address and the vendor info and close the app all in a minute. But as I say, I found a good replacement, and someone else I see has already added their own comment.

You write you need the phone for basics. I understand. There is nothing 'basic' about these new Blackberry's. My wife and I comment all the time that 'if we had only known' we'd have been on Blackberry a long time ago. For business, these machines rock.

You really can do so much more and so much more efficiently with these phones-especially for business. From that regard, I am sure you will be pleased. As I am with the look and feel and really the 'luxury feel' of the Q10. You mention Youtube...these phones play videos wonderfully.

Oh, and about the internet. They work great for the internet. But there are some weird differences. When you start the browser you will get all of the browsing history coming up in a patch work of little thumbnails of the websites. For some crazy reason you can't delete individual web sites-its either clear all of your history, or have your browser cluttered with sites you don't want. Your options ar to hide your history, or delete all your history. Those little thumbnails do have little 'x's that a person would think would close them, but on my Z10, they don't work.

Nether of us play games either, and we still manage to have a ton of fun with them. Enjoy!
    09-24-14 06:22 PM
    Hi Joshua,

Yeah, I saw that, I'll have to explore it a bit more. Right now, the app has downloaded everything I put up in Evernote. Which is a lot! And so I am not sure it can handle a simple grocery list?
    09-24-14 06:28 PM
    Hello Marthaelisa, for what is worth I just bought a Q10. Will be here tomorrow. I am leaving my galaxy S5 for the same reasons you have mentioned. I hope we both enjoy our Q10s. Good luck!
    09-24-14 07:00 PM
    7 digital has an app in BlackBerry World that you can get music from. You can also use amazon mp3. I use snap for android apps along with the amazon app store. Snap requires a side load but it us truly nice. Get your Google maps from there. I still try to use native apps when possible.
    I want to say again, no regrets dumping android for BlackBerry. Best phone I've ever owned.
    Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    09-24-14 07:00 PM
    Wait until the BlackBerry Classic comes out its a nice device and it's easy for those who have uses a a BlackBerry legacy device.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 09:13 PM
    Wow you too. We'll let me know how you like it. Especially coming from a Samsung. I'd love to hear what you think.
    09-24-14 09:31 PM
    Sounds like BlackBerry is gaining good attention again! People are fed up with being conned by great avertissements only to have buyers remorse because the sales clerks pushed the phone they'd get the best spiff on or commission or they were otherwise shamed or guilted into buying what other people told them was best and not necessarily what they needed. All phones are great, provided they do what you need. Glad you're not following the vast majority because sounds like you know what you want, want to be productive and own a device that you're going to use and like a long time. Everyone should look the way you do at devices and buy what suits then best and to not be pressured.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    09-24-14 09:47 PM
    I was always drawn to the BB. When I was younger I loved them but I was a teenager then. And then I didn't hear much of them anymore. But now It's different I didn't even know this community of BB fans were here. Phones are about preferences not how cool or popular they are. I don't understand the media will put down celebrities for using BlackBerry like it's a dinosaur. It's so immature! This isn't high school! The BB is the safest phone out there. And very sophisticated. I am definitely going to promote it especially when I get mine.
    09-25-14 06:40 AM
    I have Sprint. Does anyone else have Sprint? When you activated your phone did they transfer your contacts? Or did you have to do it on your own?
    09-25-14 06:42 AM
    They should be able to plug the phones into their little magic machine and transfer them for you. You know I think we used nfc to beam my daughter's contacts from a drug RAZR m to her z10 because the charge port on the DROID wouldn't hook up at Verizon. I'll have to ask her and see if she remember.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:33 AM
    Well I'm sure we did that. I'm not sure if you can do it from a BlackBerry to a android but you can go android to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:38 AM
    well, for what its worth, my wife and I were both iphone users. We've owned iphones since they were released in '07 right up to the release of the 6. We decided not to upgrade to an iphone 6, and instead to try Blackberry's. I got the Z10, she the Q10. We've had them for about a month now. We know where you're coming from.

While I love my Z10, I am totally jealous of my wife's Q10. I have big hands and so the keys are very hard for me to use. Hence the Z10 for me. But I can tell you this, the Q10 is one very classy machine. I play with it every time I can pry it out of my wife's hands, which is, sad to say, rare (or when she is asleep!).

It's a darned smart phone too. Smarter I would say than an iphone. It's also rockingly great at communications n a dozen little ways that all add up to something very impressive. Too, the forum here at Crackberry is nothing short of outstanding. The people here are amazing, and awesome at helping. It might sound ridiculous to say, but getting to be part of the Crackberry community almost justifiys getting the phone all on its own. Seriously.

Some drawbacks. BBM (Blackberry messenger is so awesome I don't even have words for it) has a little flaw in it. You can not turn off invitations it seems (although I am about to ask the forum this very question in a few minutes-so I will update you). And if someone requests an invite, you can't decline that invite without them getting a little note that says you declined them. Blackberry needs to fix those flaws.

I miss Google Maps and Google Street view. You're going to be back to the old drawn maps unless you side load the Google products. It's a simple enough process to load those products, but still its one extra step. Blackberry does not have a music store!!! I was shocked by that. There is no way to buy music within the Blackberry universe, so don't be dumping your iTunes anytime soon if music is your thing. There are a few 3rd party places but frankly they look dubious. Right now, I am buying music from iTunes and moving it over to Blackberry.

Speaking of music, the Blackberry music player is not quite up to snuff in several small but cumulatively irritating ways. Its primitive when compared to an iphone player. But it works.

The Q10 in particular has an awesome hand feel. It feels very solid, very high quality in the hand, and looks amazing. The keys, even for my giant hands are gorgeous and feel almost luxurious. In fact 'luxurious' might be a good word to use in referring to the Q10. Oh, and you can swap out batteries. Way, way handy!!

We do not regret our switch to Blackberry at all save those exceptions I mention above. Hope that helps.
    FYI BlackBerry used to have a music store/app but they shut it down and made an agreement with 7digital (music store/app). The app is free and it's collection is not that bad. I have used it very little so I can't talk much about it other that it works for me.

What I do use a lot and highly recommend is the default app/tool REMEMBER where you can add notes with out opening the app.. just tap the search magnifier icon on the home screen (bottom) and type "note" and takes you straight to a blank note to create. Very asome (and smart) feature, IMO.

Take care

Posted from myZ30 via CB10 app
    09-25-14 08:01 PM
    The 10.3.0.1154 OS is a leak, but it shows what BlackBerry has to offer with the upcoming OS 10.3 update. The music player is really good and upgraded. You will also have an equalizer option, playlist is a lot easier to edit and arrange. I buy my music from Amazon and it syncs seamlessly with the music app. And you can share music directly from the BlackBerry via bluetooth, NFC or email. The sound on the Q10 is really good. It has a great speaker. We used to have Apple and I did not find the iTunes experience intuitive at all. TopMusic is an app that lets you download some music for free.
    Never used BB but wanted to switch from Samsung Note2.-img_20140925_223311.png

BlackBerry also makes the Music Gateway and bluetooth speakers that you can buy on Amazon. We use the Gateway in out home and you just tap your phone and play. It connects your device to a stereo. My kids have the bluetooth speakers and they love it. It is small, portable and quite loud. They both have the Z10s.

BlackBerry has a lot to offer and if you are willing to embrace the OS, u will enjoy it tremendously.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-25-14 10:36 PM
    I discovered SNAP within a month. Once set up it is super easy. I got my google maps and earth from that. None of the free music players worked though

Its a great phone. I think my wifes Q10 is the best phone I've ever seen.
    09-25-14 10:42 PM
    now THAT is awesome news! Thank you so much! Does anyone have a guess, at all, as to when this great upgrade is going to happen?
    09-25-14 10:44 PM
    Amazon mp3 is a great idea!! Thanks!
    09-25-14 10:59 PM
    I also run a business and rely on q10 on Sprint in Maine quite often when visiting family and yes Sprint will help you with transfer. I have corporate account with Sprint and they still support Q10 quite well in my opinion. I've also used Android phones and currently use a Samsung Tab3 but always frustrated with no real multitasking which is a great feature of Blackberry OS on the q10 you will appreciate. From your described use and as a business owner I can highly recommend the Q10 for you. Don't hesitate!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:39 AM
114 ... 2345