Hi Z10 owners

Anyone have the same issue i have? the network setting button will not turn on its a solid grey that will not move to the on position...and the device keeps rebooting when i keep my finger on that setting...
    Just to mention i have tried the wipe..and battery pull with no luck!

Any ideas?
    Thanks Paul
    05-15-13 07:12 AM
    Is Flight Mode on ?
    That will prevent you being able to toggle network on.
    05-15-13 07:35 AM
    Network settings on dark dot will not slide to ON-img_00000478.png

PS you posted in the Q10 forum

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 07:36 AM
    I posted in Q10 lol! well they have the same hub anyway but the flight mode is off for sure still no luck i am upgrading the software to see if that helps.
    Very frustrating indeed new device already a minus with BB!
    05-15-13 09:21 AM
    Sounds strange, has it done this from when you first got it?
    Is the SIM in properly etc. Just trying to think of other things that could cause it not to have a network to connect to.
    05-15-13 09:29 AM
    Funny you asked that ! yes i got about 6 hours use with no problem then, i saw this software upgrade was available so i hit okay after that the problem started,and that`s when i did the wipe.
    then i inserted the micro sim back in and tried to use the phone and that`s when i noticed the network settings button would not move... it was a solid grey. even if i hold my finger on the network setting tab it wont even open up now..
    i am loading the device again with the software good thing i still have my 9900 i inserted the micro sim and can still be active
    05-15-13 01:15 PM
    I get the impression that the device has failed to register on the network for one reason or another.
    Putting the sim in another device then back again might have the desired effect. I hope it works for you.

Sounds more sim/ carrier based, unless the sim contacts in the handset are not working, but if that were the case I would expect a no sim message.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:06 PM
    I`m back in action again with the Z10... it now works what i did was when i did the software upgrade for the first time i guess i did not let the device finish properly.and the battery was too weak to finish and it kept reloading ..i figured it was finished the upgrade,i figured wrong,,,so lesson here was it even says keep device plugged into power source when upgrading.will do from now on.. thanks for the interest in trying to solve mystery. i guess when your so use to one device it will take some time to figure this one out...
    05-15-13 10:20 PM
    Well done finding the solution. Lol @ not leaving it plugged in, Tssk haha.

Hope the rest of your time with the Z is trouble free.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:32 AM