which does copy and paste better (or easier?) I'm coming from a Bold 9780,where copy and paste is very easy for me, especially with the menu key choices with the track pad (how does this compare with Q10 with no track pad and menu button enter on copy/paste? I find touch screen so clumsily imprecise for copy/paste on Z10, that it is frustrating, time consuming (and I do a LOT of it ,with addresses to customers for drop- ship orders from my website, and I have found that Z-10 touchscreen is more difficult and less l precise for copy paste functioning that I need than my old Bold 9780, If the Qfl10 does that function easier and more precisely I would prefer Q10; but IF Q10 is just as clumsy as Z10 to copy and paste (because of the touch screen - compared to Bold 9780 menu key /enter button ease), then I will get Z30 because of all the other superior things about Z30 and I am liking the predictive text on the virtual keyboard (the more I get used to it--about a week now) I'm returning a defective Z10 with non-functioning on/off button and will replace with either a z30 or Q 10 tonite ..so IF anyone has Q10 and does a lot of copy paste work, pls advise.

Q10 would be a lot less $, (IF copy paste is better than on Z10 but at screen size sacrifice), but if Q10 if just as imprecise, I would get Z30 just for the screen size joy, (and all the superior features seem to be well worth the extra $ for a Z30, correct?)... And i guess once I get used to selecting text to copy and pasting more precisely on a touch screen, I'm thinking the Z30 is the better choice even tho so much more $ (there is an add'l $100 discount on BBRY site for TMo customers on Q10 and Z10, making them 299 for Q and 199 for Z)... seems like a great deal,BUT I think I would long for the Z30"s screen size and predictive text after trying the Z10 for a week. All advice welcome and needed quick - Thanks
    Last edited by Judyam; 04-27-14 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typos
    04-26-14 07:20 PM
    Both are very similar when it comes to the copy and paste function. Takes a bit to get use to but very simple process. I'd go #TeamZ30

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    Judyam likes this.
    04-26-14 07:25 PM
    You like keyboards. If doesn't matter go Z30 otherwise Q10 all day.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    Judyam likes this.
    04-26-14 07:27 PM
    Sorry just to add the virtual keyboard on the Z30 is by far the best on the market. I swore that I would always want a physical keyboard...now I would never go back. about a two week learning curve on the device but it is amazing!

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    Judyam likes this.
    04-26-14 07:28 PM
    I have no problem copy and paste on my z30. Text selection is different from touch pad on BB7 devices but it does not mean it's inferior. Once I learnt how to use the way in BB10, I have no problem selecting text quickly.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    Judyam likes this.
    04-26-14 07:36 PM
    which does copy and past better (or easier?) I,m coming from a Bold 9780 where copy and past is very easy for me, especially with the menu key choices with the track pad (how does this compare with Q10 with no track pad, but instead touch screen- is it as clumsly and impreciseon Q10 as I am finding copy and paste to be on the Z10?) and I do a LOT of it with addresses to customers for drop- ship orders from my website, and I have found that Z-10 touchscreen is more difficult and less l precise for copy paste functioning that I need than my old Bold 9780, If the Qfl10 does that function easier and more precisely I would prefer Q10, but if it is just as clumsy to copy and past as the Z10 is (compared to Bold 9780 menu key /enter button ease) I will get Z30 if "copy /paste" is not better /easier on Q10(than it is for me on a Z10) I will choose the a Z30 ....and I am needing to buy one or the pother TODAY, so IF anyone qho has dQ10 and does a lot of copy past work, pls advise. Q10 would be a lot less $, if copy paste is better than on Z10 but if just as imprecise, I would get Z30 just for the screen size joy. I do like the physical keyboard, but with the predictive text, not sure I need it, unlesa it helps with menu key type functions like copy paste. All advice welcome and needed quick Thanks
    All three devices C/P the same way. Only difference would be either a larger screen or physical keyboard. I'm currently using the Q10 and it is an awesome device. I will be buying a Z30 in a couple days to have best of both worlds. I use to have the Z30 and sold it. My stupid mistake. Either way, you do get familiar with the C/P process real quick.

Posted via CB10
    Judyam likes this.
    04-26-14 07:36 PM
    Since neither have a tool belt with a track pad and menu key (how you would cut and paste in legacy devices), I would venture to say that the Z30 would make it easier to carry out the text selection prior to the copy-paste, only because the screen is larger so it is easier to view entire target text blocks at a time, making it less likely that you will have to select text near the upper and lower edges.

Posted via CB10
    Judyam and cgallaer like this.
    04-26-14 07:42 PM
    Thanks everyone, so far leaning Z30. I think I may be able to get over lack of kb
    04-26-14 08:41 PM
    Thanks everyone, so far leaning Z30. I think I may be able to get over lack of kb
    Great choice. I've been bouncing back and fourth with an iphone 5 for the past 2 years. Good phone, but outdated. Battery would be dead by 10 AM for the amount of use I do. My Q10 is still on about 25 percent after 15 hours of use, unplugged. I use to have Android when they first came out, but now I'm not too impressed with them. My main criteria for me is battery life. I know some of the Android phones have great battery life and Apps, but after a period of time I don't use most of the Apps I downloaded. Also, it's kind of kewl to not have a phone everyone else has. I deal with many people on a daily basis, who mostly have iphones and look at my phone and think I have a dinosaur. Until I let them fiddle with it. They are very impressed of what this phone can do. Basically it can do the same thing an iphone or Android can do but better.

Posted via CB10
    Judyam likes this.
    04-26-14 10:52 PM
    I recently upgraded from a Z10 to a Z30 and I find copy and paste easier on my z30. BB10 is excellent at sharing anything very quickly. Just today I was going to copy a text message to a BBM contact but after I quickly copied the text I realized there was a share button so instead I clicked share, chose my BBM contact and done. It copied it for me. Also I've been playing around with PGpgp and in order to decrypt messages you must copy and paste. In BlackBerry 10 there is an "expand selection" button which makes that task a breeze. It looks a little like a mini-winZip button. The on screen keyboard is a little more comfortable to use than the z10. Enjoy your purchase!

Posted via CB10
    Judyam likes this.
    04-26-14 11:29 PM
    Copy/paste was 10x better on legacy

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    Lostonline and Judyam like this.
    04-26-14 11:44 PM
    Maybe we will get the tool belt back on Q 20???
    04-27-14 12:16 AM
    Maybe we will get the tool belt back on Q 20???
    That's what BlackBerry said was going to happen.
    Something that hasn't been mentioned about the Q that I use all the time is using the "alt" key to select text.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2234
    04-27-14 08:07 AM
    Don't forget you can just tap and hold for a different length of time to select a word, a line or a paragraph or a whole page, based on how long you hold.

Also don't forget you can move your cursor one character a time by tapping on the cycle, the location of the tapping doesn't need to be accurate, which is very useful for adjusting cursor at corner or edge of the screen.

I disagree with the comment that the text selection is easier on legacy devices. It's true if we only compare legacy devices with Bb10 keyboard devices, because the screen is so much smaller and it doesn't have tool belt. For BB10 touch devices, I think it's just different.

Go with Z30, it's near perfection.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-27-14 08:21 AM
    If the copy and paste function is a heavy and deciding factor, like many have said it is the same for the most part. The only change I can guess on the horizon would be the Q20 or classic as its called now.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 09:45 AM
    Copy/paste was 10x better on legacy
    It was. I find the text selection a major pita on these touch screens. The Q20 will be purchased as soon as it becomes available.

CDN
    04-27-14 01:32 PM