Hi
    So this is the first time I have posted on CrackBerry, but I need some advice from some blackberry users. I have an iPhone 5 and I am considering switching to a Q10. I am still on the fence about.

I love my iPhone 5 but I do miss the physical keyboard.

I have seen the Blackberry Z10 but I was not overly thrilled with it, however when I saw the Q10 I was impressed. Although the design and overall operating system of the Q10 impressed me I am still a little weary going back to a blackberry. I had a blackberry torch for almost a year but was then swayed by the bells and whistles of the iPhone.
    While Blackberry apps selection is not as wide as Apple I really only use Facebook, Twitter, Keek, Tumbler, and Instagram. Which I can now access on the web on my iMac.

So thats pretty much it, should I switch or stick with what I got.

Thanks
    05-06-13 12:47 AM
    Would/do you like windows apps on your mac?
    If the answer is no, then keep the iPhone .
    05-06-13 12:51 AM
    Would/do you like windows apps on your mac?
    If the answer is no, then keep the iPhone .
    Are you referring to having a Windows environment to run the Windows version of Link?
    If not, I'm really not sure where you're going with that...
    05-06-13 12:58 AM
    Hi
    So this is the first time I have posted on CrackBerry, but I need some advice from some blackberry users. I have an iPhone 5 and I am considering switching to a Q10. I am still on the fence about.

I love my iPhone 5 but I do miss the physical keyboard.

I have seen the Blackberry Z10 but I was not overly thrilled with it, however when I saw the Q10 I was impressed. Although the design and overall operating system of the Q10 impressed me I am still a little weary going back to a blackberry. I had a blackberry torch for almost a year but was then swayed by the bells and whistles of the iPhone.
    While Blackberry apps selection is not as wide as Apple I really only use Facebook, Twitter, Keek, Tumbler, and Instagram. Which I can now access on the web on my iMac.

So thats pretty much it, should I switch or stick with what I got.

Thanks
    First Off, Welcome To CrackBerry!

If there are apps you cannot live without on tour iPhone that aren't released yet for BB10, then wait.

But for your usage, sounds like you could happily make the switch to BB10. Only exception might be needing to sideload the Instagram app if you can't wait.

It's a very slick OS, and really doesn't have much to do with the old BBOS we all loved... and hated.

One thing I will say: have someone very familiar with the Z10 guide through using the keyboard. I have yet to show it to an iPhone user who wasn't wowed by one or more features after I gave them some direction. And we're talking about some hardcore iPhone lovers here...

This is how you CB10, son!
    jyuan likes this.
    05-06-13 01:08 AM
    You miss the physical keyboard.

Simple said, get Q10. It's blackberry. It's elegant. It has physical keyboard. It has the best physical keyboard. It is a high-end device. It is a smartphone. It's a Blackberry high-end elegant smartphone with the best physical keyboard in the world. Enough said.
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-06-13 01:27 AM
    Thanks Everyone for replying, I think I will wait for a while and see what comes out in the next few months in regards to updates to BB10 and there apps.
    05-09-13 03:03 PM
    Finally did it, went and got the Q10
    09-01-13 01:47 AM
    Glad to hear it. I'm loving my Q10 even more with this 10.2 leak. Great device.
    09-01-13 02:48 AM
    Even I sold my iphone and got the black q10

Posted via CB10
    chinky.eyes likes this.
    09-01-13 03:26 AM
    Are you glad you got the Q10? I am in a similar position. I have a Droid Razr and I get to update to a new phone in 15 days. I really want the Q10 because I had BB phones in the past and really miss the keyboard. However, I love Instagram and Snapchat. I know I can sideload these, but I still doubt they will run as well as the native Android apps do on Android. Are you happy with your decision?
    10-22-13 03:19 PM