When i click viber on blackberry world it says its not compatible with our device.
    My question is, would native viber from Z10 will work on Q10? Have someone tried? Im not really satisfied on running viber apk. If someone has a viber .bar file could you please share?

TIA
    10-28-14 10:05 AM
    The Viber appearing on BBW is actually an Android-port, so essentially it is the exact same app as the one you can get from Snap. The currently available Viber.apk on Snap (version 5.x.x) does not seem to function properly, so I would suggest installing an older version.

I have 4.3.3 installed which seems to be working pretty ok. Not 100% smooth but gets the job done. Search using your Q10 browser for Viber 4.3.3 apk, get a trusted source and install the apk directly.

Hope this helps.
    10-28-14 10:13 AM
    Thanks Mouts,

I think that was the version im currently using yet i notification sucks and im really disappointed why viber discontinued support on BB10.
    10-28-14 10:36 AM
    The Viber appearing on BBW is actually an Android-port, so essentially it is the exact same app as the one you can get from Snap. The currently available Viber.apk on Snap (version 5.x.x) does not seem to function properly, so I would suggest installing an older version.

I have 4.3.3 installed which seems to be working pretty ok. Not 100% smooth but gets the job done. Search using your Q10 browser for Viber 4.3.3 apk, get a trusted source and install the apk directly.

Hope this helps.
    Hello.. can you make and receive calls with that version? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:38 AM
    Hello.. can you make and receive calls with that version? Thanks

Posted via CB10

Yes. You can get notifications as well for incoming messages. As I said earlier, it's not the smoothest of experiences you can get, but it does its job. It does crash from time to time but nothing too bad.
    10-28-14 10:48 AM
    Thanks Mouts,

I think that was the version im currently using yet i notification sucks and im really disappointed why viber discontinued support on BB10.
    It's a shame, I've been hoping to see a native BB10 version but it seems that most developers won't bother developing for another platform, especially since they know that BB10 can run .apk and they can port their Android versions to BBW.

Nothing can compare to apps running natively..
    10-28-14 10:50 AM
    Yes. You can get notifications as well for incoming messages. As I said earlier, it's not the smoothest of experiences you can get, but it does its job. It does crash from time to time but nothing too bad.
    Calls work but it drops in a wee seconds upon answering.

Sent from whatever device I get my hands on via Tapatalk
    10-28-14 11:53 AM